TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 06, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: PBS Shows - General: Archive through January 06, 2021 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
PBS ran the complete series Downton Abbey four times over ten days with only occasional pledge drive breaks. PBS' and Amazon's air rights end tonight.

HBO MAX is currently airing the Downton Abbey movie.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, July 19, 2020 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Grantchester season finale is tonight already?! Seriously? Seems like the season just started. They only do 6 episodes a season? That's ridiculous. I love this show and will miss it.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, July 20, 2020 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
6 episodes a season... that's British TV for ya!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
OMG! I watched Grantchester this morning! So lovely was the moment of Leonard and Mrs. C in the chapel... teared up. Loved that Mrs. C invited Daniel to Will's party.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, July 27, 2020 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I watched Grantchester but I miss the other priest, he was the reason I started watching this series.

The same night was the season finale of Beecham House and I remember Babyjaxmom saying it will end on a cliffhanger and I was waiting for this because everything seemed to close up nicely but then a major cliffhanger the last minute of the finale. I can't believe they won't continue the series, if they were sure not to continue they could have had a nice ending, not this major cliffhanger.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, July 30, 2020 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I thought the same about Beecham House... I read Babyjaxmom's msg regarding no Season 2... I figured the producers thought they were a shoe-in to be renewed for a Season 2...

I realize this is a TV show... but I was mystified at the utter cluelessness of John Beecham to not think a couple steps ahead regarding how desperate the bad guy is and what he knows about his son... I was stunned that he didn't think his son would be in danger.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I grew up with Musicals and Right now PBS is playing,and I am loving it' .

Rodgers & Hammerstein's The King and I
Kelli O'Hara and Ken Watanabe star in the Tony Award-winning Broadway revival of the musical about a British teacher instructing the children of the King of Siam; songs include "Shall We Dance?" and "Hello, Young Lovers."

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, August 22, 2020 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh I loved that movie as a kid. Watched it on our B&W TV with my parents years ago!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, August 27, 2020 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I read that Jennifer Kirby who plays Valerie on Call the Midwife is leaving the show.

I did see a trailer for a new All Creatures Great & Small that looks good. I believe it is due on PBS in January.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 28, 2020 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't know about All Creatures Great and Small. I read the books years ago, and they always made me cry. I can't watch shows with animals in them, cause I can't take it when anything happens to them.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 04, 2020 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I posted this in the Brit thread but perhaps I should have posted here...

Starting tonight on PBS:

9pm Flesh & Blood (UK version with Imelda Staunton)

10 pm Cobra (with Robert Carlyle)

Both look like they're worth checking out.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - 4:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Watched one of the best ever interview shows which will air Monday evenings on PBS -- Tell Me More With Kelly Corrigan. Monday evening was only second show. She interviewed James Corden. Wish I could know them personally and call them friends. Hope the show will eventually be available on DVD. I want to have it permanently. Next Monday she will interview Jennifer Garner.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, November 12, 2020 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I stopped watching Cobra, but I'm hooked on Roadkill on Masterpiece (Hugh Laurie, so different from Dr. House).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, November 13, 2020 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We're waiting till all the episodes have dropped, so we can binge. We've gotten spoiled by Netflix. Waiting a week between episodes seems so "old school" these days. Besides, DH and I can't remember what happened in the last episode by a week later!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, November 13, 2020 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I too am part of the binge brigade Babyjaxmom. My tombstone would definitely not say, Here lies Sugar, a woman of infinite patience.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, November 13, 2020 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
In the Chicago area you can watch all of Roadkill and other PBS programs now. Is it Chicago WTTW or PBS nationally that offers streaming platform Passport for annual $60 donation. If you love everything on PBS it is well worth it. Tax deductible.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 14, 2020 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Color, I bought the PBS Passport specifically for that reason. Last time I looked, all the episodes were not yet available. I'll check again.

ETA: Nope. Only 2 episodes available, even though I have passport. Bummer!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, December 13, 2020 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The Charlie Brown Christmas Special is on PBS tonight at 6:30 Central time.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, December 13, 2020 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The Charlie Brown Christmas Special is on tonight at 6:30 Central time.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, December 13, 2020 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The Charlie Brown Christmas Special is on tonight at 6:30 Central time.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, December 13, 2020 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
sorry it wasn't showing up

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 28, 2020 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Don't miss the "Call the Midwife" Christmas special. It's streaming on the PBS app now.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, December 28, 2020 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I watched it the other night Babyjaxmom and as usual enjoyed it. I hope Call the Midwife will be back with a new season soon. It was odd that they didn't have any behind the scenes of the Christmas special or a nod to when it will return. Stupid Covid continues to wreck havoc with my shows.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It usually returns in March.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 06, 2021 - 1:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
On Sunday PBS is starting the new All Creatures Great and Small series. I hope it is as good as the books, or the original series.