TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 07, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Amazon Prime Video: Archive through January 07, 2021 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 23, 2020 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize it until this morning, but the Borat movie with the Giuliani scenes is free with Amazon Prime. Released today.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08K497K97/

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Friday, October 23, 2020 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I did like The Lie. Thanks Naja for the rec!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, November 01, 2020 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I think The Lie ending sucks

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 20, 2020 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
DH and I are really enjoying
Breathe: Into the Shadows

It's an Indian crime drama series that was released in July. I'm only up to ep 5.

A 6-year old girl is kidnapped by a mysterious masked man, who demands an unusual ransom. To save his daughter, Dr. Avinash Sabharwal must kill someone! Meanwhile, Kabir Sawant's journey continues in the hostile environment of the Delhi Crime branch. Lies, deceit and mind games begin when Kabir is given charge of the investigation, and meets Avinash. How far will Avinash go to save his daughter?

https://www.amazon.com/Breathe-Into-The-Shadows/dp/B08BWQD99S

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, November 23, 2020 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I started watching The Pack this weekend and it is just sweet fun. The dogs are adorable and the relationships between the dogs and their owners is so sweet. It's Amazing Race with dogs.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, December 14, 2020 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Just watched Stage Mother on Prime. Bit distracted because I watched while cooking but I thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend watching. Don’t think it’s spoiling to say that it is about a mother who is estranged from her son who owns a bar featuring female impersonators. She gets to know her son over again through the people he left behind.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have really been enjoying this 6 episode British supernatural mystery I just found yesterday.

The Living and the Dead (2016)

I think it takes place in the very early 1900s. I'm not sure.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B01MA416PG/

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ooo looks good, Thanks Naja.

I've started The Wilds. YA mystery/drama thing. I'm only a few episodes in but it has promise if you don't mind the teenage angst sort of thing.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Rissa, Stage Mother sounds good

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I went to watch and they want to charge 5.99 :-( too much on for free that i refuse to pay, esp on a station that I already pay for

Vickie

07-16-2004

Sunday, December 20, 2020 - 5:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Amazon has been doing that more & more. Might get rid of prime and just pay for what I already pay for. I pay to watch the “Walking Dead series”.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, December 20, 2020 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I've been doing that "no rush" shipping where you get a $1 dollar back in digital credit every time you order something. It builds up quick and I use it for renting new movies.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, December 20, 2020 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ooohhhh Naja, ty for that info!!! all this time I thought the digital credit was if I bought something digital as in electronics!! D'oh!!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 21, 2020 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You're welcome! And here's the page where you can check how much you have. I only have 4 bucks right now. I spend it as soon as there is enough for what I want, and they have an expiration date.

https://www.amazon.com/norushcredits

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, December 21, 2020 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that is awesome!! I cant wait to start collecting!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, December 23, 2020 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Amazon Prime ran a special on the Sundance Channel, and I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED their 3-seaon drama The Restaurant. It's in Swedish, so subtitles required, but it was SO good. It follows a family whose three children run the restaurant, as well as some of the kitchen staff, from the end of WWII until the early 1970s. I binged all 3 seasons (28 eps of about 1 hour each) over 5 days, if that tells you anything!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 23, 2020 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This series was so good! Exciting, funny, violent, and more. It's non-stop fast paced. Lots of pretty big stars as well.

Mad Dogs (2016)
10 episodes

It's about 4 almost middle aged guy friends who travel to Belize to visit another friend at his awesome new mansion. Apparently the Belize friend is involved in something shady.... and fun turns into murder and mayhem.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B08F35Y4PW/

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, December 23, 2020 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
sounds fun!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 24, 2020 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I put on the 1935 version of "A Christmas Carol" and the Amazon content warning while it started said "Foul language, drug use and violence". haha

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, December 24, 2020 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Naja, I loving Mad Dogs even though I find it so hard to believe LOL Im only on ep 2

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, December 24, 2020 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I saw the US version and loved it...great cast.

There's also a UK version:

UK: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1652218/?ref_=tt_mv_close

4 seasons, for a total of 14 episodes.

Also here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Dogs_(British_TV_series)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, December 25, 2020 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that is cool!

Vickie

07-16-2004

Sunday, December 27, 2020 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed “Mad Dogs”. Was so sad it was cut short.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 07, 2021 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We watched Elizabeth is Missing last night on Amazon. It's about a woman with dementia who insists that her best friend is missing and she must find her. There's also a backstory of her older sister who went missing when she was a girl. Glenda Jackson is excellent as Maude. My mother has dementia, so I could totally relate to this one. Highly recommend.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 07, 2021 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I saw it last week on PBS. It was so good. I felt so sad for Maud.