TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 11, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 11, 2021 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 13, 2021 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, the episode was good, but the previews sucked. Why didn’t he take a flight?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 13, 2021 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ugh. I watch on Hulu. They don't show me previews. I knew when Randall wanted to call Kevin and they were both driving that something bad would happen. I'll just have to wait till next week.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 14, 2021 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I agree Kookliebird.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, January 14, 2021 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I didnt love this ep. I bet they will show that due to covid Kev couldnt fly.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, January 14, 2021 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I knew when Randall wanted to call Kevin and they were both driving that something bad would happen."

I'm guessing that crash at the end might've been a flash-forward.

Kevin could have given that car to his son or someone else and it was still in good condition years later. That is, if the crashed car was the same car that Kevin was driving. I don't know cars and a lot of them look too much alike for me to try to figure it out....so I really have no idea if that wreck was the same car Kevin was driving.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, January 14, 2021 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am so glad Randall got glad Randall got a complete birth story.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 14, 2021 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Very engrossing, haunting ep. Glad Randall got his answers.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 15, 2021 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing that crash at the end might've been a flash-forward.

That must have been in the previews, cause I didn't see it. Hulu doesn't show previews.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, January 15, 2021 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I didn't see a car crash either, just watched it on NBC.com, no previews. I cried for a solid hour.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, January 16, 2021 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
That was really one of the most satisfying episodes. It was so nice to have the story filled in for us.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, January 19, 2021 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
A rerun,already?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, January 19, 2021 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was wondering if tonight's episode is new?

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, January 19, 2021 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I noticed when I watched my recording over the weekend that it said new in 2 weeks. (I'm attributing it to politics)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 20, 2021 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I read that Covid impacted their shooting, so rerun last night.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 20, 2021 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Many shows have reruns in January. It's not a sweeps month and they only have so many shows in a season, so they have to space them out.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 10, 2021 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kevin's story was wrong this week. Yes, you sure can get on a flight without ID. I did it myself. They just do an extra good search of the person, and completely check every little nook and cranny of your luggage. There's no hiding of your dirty underwear. They go through it all.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, February 10, 2021 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Just now watched it. Also several other errors. He was supposedly in Vancouver when he walked off the set and started driving to the Vancouver airport and was trying to get to Seatac in two hours. It cannot be done, even if the border was open, which if he was wearing a mask because of the pandemic, it was not open. And it never showed him crossing the border, which can take anywhere from five minutes to six hours. He was 56 (57?) minutes from Seattle when he found the accident, which would have put him around Marysville, WA. There are NO roads like the one he was on that anybody would reasonably take to get to Seatac in a hurry. There is only I-5, which at Marysville is six lanes, and a LOT of other cars would have seen the accident when it occurred. He would not have been able to get through on I-5 either, because the lanes would be mostly closed by police cars, ambulances, and tow trucks called by the other motorists who witnessed the accident.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 10, 2021 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I saw that too. You’d be going I5 to sea tac.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, February 11, 2021 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I felt it was a throw away episode and was very disappointed. We already know Jack's backstory with his Dad and already know Jack's influence on how Kevin lives his life. Nothing new was learned.
In addition to the whole lost ID silliness I found it unbelievable that the production crew on the movie set and Kevin's agent would be so cold about the situation with Madison going into labor 6 weeks early. I like to think that in that situation everyone has a human, compassionate side and realizes what the priority should be.
The writing this season seems to have gotten very sloppy.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, February 11, 2021 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes it's a distraction if you realize what they are showing isn't possible given location and circumstance.

All the same, I enjoyed this episode a lot. I particularly liked that Randall called Madison and told her that she is part of their family. Very moving, given the harsh words and feelings between him and Kevin in the recent past.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, February 11, 2021 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Thank you for that Jimmer, I was starting to get discouraged about watching the episode. Some of the above I wouldn't even know/notice as I don't know the area.

As far as flying without ID, if they cannot verify your identity you will not be allowed to enter the screening area, but if they can, then you will be allowed, but you have to fill out a form so that they can go check and try to verify your identity.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 11, 2021 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Madison pissed me off even more this ep! Agree this was a throw away ep

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, February 11, 2021 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Why did Madison piss you off? Because she felt alone and wants Kevin to be there for the birth of their children?

I think at this point the show doesn't seem to be able to do anything that will satisfy a lot of viewers.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 11, 2021 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought Madison had every right to be scared by herself. She was alone in the world at that point. That Randall and his wife stayed on the phone with her was very touching.
Kevin did want to be there and had promised to get there. More like his dad every day.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, February 11, 2021 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I felt quite sorry for Madison feeling like she was doing this all alone. They did a good job of showing how awful it must be when you feel like nobody in the world has your back. Glad that Randall and Bethany were there for her.

IRL, I know many people who have no support from their family members. If it wasn't for their spouse's family or friends taking them in, they would have nobody.