TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 18, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Doctor : Archive through November 18, 2020 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Watched the last two episodes. I was almost in panic attack more when Shaun went down that hole!

The earthquake.. I guess the deal was that building not being earthquake retrofitted?

Because otherwise, it seemed like the hospital was not affected by the quake?

Yes, totally exhausting..

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, April 01, 2020 - 4:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Really good, though.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 01, 2020 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just unclear of how accurate they were about earthquakes. They don't affect just one building.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 01, 2020 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm sure there was other stuff going on in the neighborhood, but our story took place in that building. Often the older buildings are more affected. The hospital looks pretty new. Maybe it was built to modern codes, while the brewery wasn't.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 01, 2020 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The hospital would have been inundated.

I know, it is tv, but in reality in California, that brewery, just opened, would have been mandated to be retrofitted.

Anyway it was an episode that was emotional and gripping, for sure .

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, April 08, 2020 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Anyone know if TGD has been picked up for another season?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 08, 2020 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes it's been renewed.

Whether it will start filming, though, is of course another question.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, November 02, 2020 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I had no idea a new show was on tonight! All about Covid. It certainly brings the horror to the front. From no tests to sending sick people home until they are sicker. Not being there when they die to how many complications there are wish people who think Clovis is the flu see it.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, November 10, 2020 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Loved part two of the pandemic and Dr. Murphy's learning to be less abrasive and to be kind.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, November 10, 2020 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I was in tears watching the whole show. Just thinking of the actual doctors and nurses who have had to hold the hands of patients who are alone as they die. To hold the phone for families to say goodbye to their loved ones because they can't be with them. I think they did an excellent job on the show. I actually cheered when the man with the amputated foot got to go home and his wife smiled at Shaun. I was crying when the mommy finally got to meet her baby. When he first put the baby on her while she was on the ventilator, her eyes twitched and I told my husband it would probably have been to corny if she woke up but I would not be upset by it. Just a great show all around.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 10, 2020 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
My son has Covid. I couldn't watch it, and deleted it about 1/3 of the way through.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, November 10, 2020 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
♡((Kar))♡

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, November 10, 2020 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
(((Kar))) how is he doing??

I couldn’t watch it either. Friends/colleagues of mine (who are not clinical, just customer service people) have been the ones holding those phones, iPads while the family says goodbye. The emotional toll on them has been devastating.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 10, 2020 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thank you both.

He feels pretty good today, but I know from others' experiences sometimes people feel better and then worse again, so I'm waiting to see.

His GF is still pretty sick. :-(

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, November 10, 2020 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
The thing to comfort is that they have learned so much since then. There is more to learn but I think this show was worth watching especially for those who think it is a hoax.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 10, 2020 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Omg, we just watched both shows back to back. I cried so much through the whole thing. That is the part that breaks my heart: people dying alone, without their loved ones to hold their hands. Someone in my mother's care home (only 5 patients) tested positive back in April. I was a wreck for about 3 or 4 days till my mom's test came back negative. Still have not been able to see her since February, except for a Zoom call on Mother's Day (she didn't know who we were) and an outdoor birthday celebration in Sept. She still didn't know us, but she was happy to have cake! I miss being able to see her and give her a hug. She's 97, so we don't know how much longer she'll have.

God bless the care workers! My cousin is an RN in New York and left her cushy job at a plastic surgery practice to go back to work in the hospital during the worst of the crisis in NYC. She worked two months taking care of Covid patients and seeing so much tragedy. She said she just didn't have it in her to do it again.

Mware

09-14-2001

Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mware a private message Print Post    
The actors who play Dr. Glassman and his wife are married in real life, and they've both announced that they have tested positive for Covid.

Mware

09-14-2001

Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mware a private message Print Post    
And Karuuna, I hope your son and his girlfriend recover quickly and fully.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I was just telling my husband that it was so different to see actor actually so close and touching each other but they were really married so it was okay. Then Richard Schiff posts that they have it. I wish them a speedy recovery.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 12, 2020 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, Karuuna, I wish your son and his GF a full and speedy recovery. It must be so scary for you!

I didn't know that Richard Schiff and Sheila Kelley are married! I remember her from the show Sisters, back in the 90s. She is only 6 years younger than him. That's not such a big diff. My hubby is 9 years older than me! I like the actress, but hate her character. Especially that her name is "Debbie," since that's my name!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 13, 2020 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I had no idea they were married! She acts the part well, and I really hate the character.I

I am hoping they are ok.

Kar, I completely understand how this was too close to your understandable fears.

I also watched both episodes back to back..

When the doctor hunted down the cross from her mother, I wanted her to also bring out the music box!!!

I watched Chicago Med first and they also featured COVID and saluted our frontline workers.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 14, 2020 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
When the doctor hunted down the cross from her mother, I wanted her to also bring out the music box!!!

Me too, Sea!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 16, 2020 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The camera even focussed on the music box when they turned off the machine. 😢

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, November 18, 2020 - 5:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Love how Freddie Highmore told how the show was going to project into the future. I'm happy they aren't dwelling on the pandemic.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 18, 2020 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I hope that projection did not cause the cases of COVID.

Richard Schiff posted that he was inpatient, on Remdesivir, steroids and oxygen. His wife is at home, but still very affected.