TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 12, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 12, 2021 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I remember that show. Would've never thought of that. It was called The Neighbors. I liked it, too.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhh that's it! I loved that show and all of the characters

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Another option is that Kate was the one who made the mistake and bought an ovulation kit instead of a pregnancy test.

The positive result would have been that she was ovulating, but instead she thinks it means she's pregnant.

But if that's the case then I don't know how it plays into the current pregnancy storyline, as you'd think it wouldn't be such a big deal once she inevitably realises it's a mistake.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that is a good option but I agree not sure how it would play into the storyline

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Good speculation, kit.
I have always thought she had gotten pregnant and had an abortion . That’s when the self loathing and over eating began and all her weirdness around getting pregnant, being pregnant and not adoption. Or maybe she placed the child for adoption but I get the feeling that Rebecca would know that.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Referencing Kitt's post at: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 - 1:55 pm

"Still, I think if I were taking off my clothes I'd have moved the camera away from me, even if I "knew" for sure it was off."

I have a post-it covering the camera lens on my iMac. I used to never worry that security was really an issue for an iMac camera until I saw an interview on TV with Mark Zuckerberg a few years ago. The interview was not about cameras or hacking, but after the segment ended, the interviewer pointed out something in the background. Zuckerberg was sitting in front of his computer and there was a strip of masking tape covering the camera lens!

I figured that if anyone would know how hackable a computer cam is, it would be Zuckerberg. The post-it has been there ever since except when I use the cam. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I cover my cam lens, too.

I thought what Texannie, too.

I thought possible issues were abortion and even a date rape situation after the break up and then abortion. Those would often result in issues surrounding pregnancy, especially with difficulties getting pregnant, though Kate's weight would be the more likely issue there (and that includes eating disordered low weight as well as high weight).

And dad issues and guilt issues because she sent Jack back in to look for the dog..

That was a good detail to notice, SanFran!

Kind of a look at what I DO, not what I say situation.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It happened to me!! I have two Amazon Echo Shows -- one in bedroom and one in living room. Never worried, but have always had camera lens on the bedroom Show covered. Two years ago almost to the day when I was in the living room heard sorta muffled voice out of the Show. Looked at it -- I was moving on the screen in B&W!!!! I don't know how. I'm not techie. That camera has been covered ever since.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 23, 2020 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
" Two years ago almost to the day when I was in the living room heard sorta muffled voice out of the Show. Looked at it -- I was moving on the screen in B&W!!!!"

Uh...were you slowly taking off your top while doing a little dance?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 23, 2020 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
hahhahaa!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, November 23, 2020 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
You were ahead of your time, CdA!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, November 24, 2020 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL Randall needs to work on his Dad bod.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, November 24, 2020 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I was just standing here in my PJs at the 'puter where I am now.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, November 24, 2020 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Nice pjs, Colordeagua! lol

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 27, 2020 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, January 05, 2021 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist and now This Is Us is on! My favorite two hours of tv!!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, January 05, 2021 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Great line-up tonight!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, January 05, 2021 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Can’t believe they went searching for that guy and found him in SD.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 09, 2021 - 12:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My husband would totally think I was nuts if I told him I had been stalking my old boyfriend and wanted him (DH) to drive me to see him! I'd feel the same if the roles were reversed. I would not be cool with going to visit one of his old girlfriends. 😯

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, January 09, 2021 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that whole scene was so dumb. I found it unbelievable Mark would just stand there and let her go off on him. A guy like Mark would just look at her and make comments about how huge she is and tell her to get lost.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, January 09, 2021 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That scene didn't work at all. Almost like a Kate fantasy of what she would like it to be but not reality. LOL the only real part of it was Mark being mildly surprised and saying that he couldn't believe that she was still obsessed with him after so many years. Yes I understand it was a traumatic time in Kate's life but a guy like Mark will never see that.

A guy like Mark would just look at her and make comments about how huge she is and tell her to get lost.

Yeah. That's what would really happen. These long uninterrupted speeches never happen in real life. It's too much. LOL the writers literally alluded to that with Madison's comments.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 09, 2021 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Madison annoyed me also (she usually does). Kevin's an actor. She knew that. Sometimes he has to travel to pursue his craft. The fact that he wants to have the babies and her with him is a bonus. Think of the cultural education they would get (when they're older) by visiting so many places! I don't know about them. They don't really seem to like each other that much anyway. They're just having a baby together.

I'm glad that Randall's therapist pointed out that maybe William didn't know that Randall's mother survived. I would hate for Randall to think his dad was a liar. He already mistrusts everybody else in his life.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, January 09, 2021 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree he would have said F off and probably made fun of her weight as he walked off.

I also thought it was rude of Kate to go to his work to do this. But in true form it is always about Kate. She has always been my least fav. She blames everyone but herself

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, January 09, 2021 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
BJM, I agree! It's not like he would be gone all year on a movie and she wouldnt have to move out of her house to follow him all over. Ugh with her.

I saw some people wanted him to turn around I would have been soooo pissed! This is his dream and a huge break...more money for his family and she is being selfish.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, January 12, 2021 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I finally watched the most recent show last night and found it annoying. The whole Kate and Marc thing was bizarre and as Pamy said Kate is always about Kate.

Madison, what? Another odd story line. Madison is being completely unreasonable.

I'm glad Randall's therapist suggested he call, don't remember his name, Mama's friend. I can kinda understand Randall going to "Oh no, William lied to me" and a bit surprised Beth didn't offer that perhaps there is more to the story...

I hope the next episodes are better than this one was.