TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 05, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 05, 2021 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, December 31, 2020 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
We just got AppleTv. We are both so in love with Ted Lasso. What a wonderful character and a wonderful show. Just what we needed.

I am also watching The Morning Show. Fantastic!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 31, 2020 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We loved appletv's "Servant". I'ts so dark and strange. It's about a woman who lost her baby, and she thinks a doll is now her baby.

eta: It's still weird for me to see Weasley as a full grown adult.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, December 31, 2020 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I will have to check that one out too.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, December 31, 2020 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Mamie, I can’t stop recommending Ted Lasso either!!! I put off watching it for a long while because it looked like just another goofy sports sitcom but it is so much more!!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, December 31, 2020 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am watching some old Dr Who and I cannot remember if Amy & Rory were Matt Smith's Dr only companions or not, can anyone refresh my memory please?

My absolute favorite Dr was David Tennant and Martha my favorite companion. I disliked Donna and grew weary of Rose. I did like Christopher Eccleston's Dr and eventually warmed to Matt Smith. I quite disliked Peter Capaldi and stopped watching but started again with Jodi Whittaker but not sure I have seen every episode with her, I like her companions. Looking forward to the new episode tomorrow.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, December 31, 2020 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Watching too, Sugar. It's pretty much a Christmas/New Year's Eve tradition at this point to watch as much as I can, lol. Clara also travelled with 11 (Matt Smith) for a while before he regenerated and she then she travelled with 12 (Capaldi.)

Tennant will always be my favorite Doctor, I think Jodi Wittaker has a lot of the same energy he did. It always takes a while for me to warm up to new Doctors and companions, but overall I end up liking them. The first time through with 10 and Donna, though, I had a lot of trouble with liking her. Then I rewatched those episodes and she turned into one of my favorite companions, I really came to enjoy the interaction between her and 10. I'm not sure she'd have worked with any of the other regenerations of the Doctor though.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, December 31, 2020 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thanks Wargod, I thought you might be the person who would know the answer. I forgot about Clara. I think her storyline got rather weird didn't it? I only saw a few of her and Capaldi and saw one or two of his last episodes with whatever companions he had, I think he went thru a few and may have tragically lost them. As I said, I just didn't like his Dr.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, December 31, 2020 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the Doctor called Clara the impossible girl or something like that. She popped up a few times as different people in different times and places before she became his companion and died at least twice as those characters. She somehow jumps into the Doctors timeline to save him from something (I'm more fuzzy on the later Smith and Capaldi's episodes so I might have some of this wrong, lol) and ends up showing up at points throughout his life (which explained the weird episodes where she wasn't Clara.) 11 somehow brought her back after that, but I don't remember how.

12 (Capaldi) travelled with Clara and then after she left, it was Bill and Nardole.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, December 31, 2020 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I heard of Bill and Nardole and may have seen a glimpse or 2 of them.
Thanks Wargod.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, January 01, 2021 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Rissa, it is so good! He is so earnest and kind. It is funny and yesterday after watching the second episode, I kept thinking "he bakes the biscuits!"

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, January 01, 2021 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I totally agree with Rissa and Mamie! Every episode of Ted Lasso is so charming and hilarious. The bonus treats are seeing the actor who played Spratt (Maggie Smith's snippy butler on "Downton Abbey") and the actress who played Connie Britton's acerbic daughter on "Dirty John" -- they are both delightful as the team owner's majordomo and the girlfriend of the team's star player. Loved, loved, loved this show!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, January 01, 2021 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Binged Ted Lasso today and my and my 18 year old both enjoyed it a lot.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, January 02, 2021 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Binged Long Way Round and Long Way Up on Apple TV and loved them both.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 02, 2021 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We are binging Ted Lasso right and I can't believe that gorgeous Rebecca is the same actress that played the "Shame Nun" on GOT!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, January 02, 2021 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Finished The Morning Show and wow. Fantastic.

Teach, I loved Long Way Down so I need to watch those too.

We have three episodes of Ted Lasso left. I hate to have to wait for next season. It is great to have a show that my husband will actually watch with me and enjoy.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, January 03, 2021 - 4:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Long Way Round was the first and still my fave. Would love to hear what you guys that have seen all 3 think about them? Long way up was my least fave because of the electric bikes. I know all 3 had support crew but with the elect bikes, they literally could not have done a single day without that help. Can’t quite put my descriptive finger on it but it loses the adventure bike angle, was a bit gimmicky. And I have to be honest, even though it shouldn’t... knowing that McGregor cheated on his wife and just slipped his new girlfriend into this show also rubbed me the wrong way. I read that his kids were beyond angry and not speaking to him anymore. That was at the beginning of the drama so it may be resolved or just with the one daughter who participated in this show? Anyway, right or wrong, the gossip affected my enjoyment of the show.

As an aside, I suggested hubby start watching Yellowstone (with Kevin Costner) and he is absolutely loving it. If anyone is looking for a family drama.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, January 03, 2021 - 5:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Ohhhh, I finally got around to watching The High Note, it’s on Crave in Canada now. Really enjoyed it, although I thought going into it that the story centred more around Tracee Ross Ellis’ character and would have preferred that. Was an easy, enjoyable watch.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 03, 2021 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Rissa, it's so funny you called Yellowstone a family Drama. It's more of a crime filled violent drama with a family in it. We loved it. We've watched it from the beginning on Paramount channel. It's also free on Peacock.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, January 03, 2021 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Lol Naja, I haven’t watched it, just saw a trailer and thought hubby would enjoy. So Soprano’s with cowboys?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 03, 2021 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sort of. It's more of family that will do anything to keep their own land and cattle, while others are willing to do anything to get it from them.

Mysticlady

07-05-2007

Monday, January 04, 2021 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mysticlady a private message Print Post    
Has anyone tried the streaming service of Discovery Plus? I think it debuted today.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 04, 2021 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I was wondering about that also, Mystic. I'm a little annoyed that they are offering content on Discovery Plus only, when they repeat so many shows on their channels.

However, I watch their channels a lot, so I may have to swallow my annoyance. I haven't looked into the subscription cost yet. And whether I can watch on my smart tv.

Mysticlady

07-05-2007

Monday, January 04, 2021 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mysticlady a private message Print Post    
I agree about them repeating shows on HGTV & the Food Network, but I enjoy Chip & Joanna Gaines so I might look into it to see their new shows. I do have a Smart TV so I will have to look into may be getting Discovery + to stream. This would be my first streaming service if I get it!

Pschrfhd

05-22-2011

Monday, January 04, 2021 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pschrfhd a private message Print Post    
Karuuna - I just saw an ad for Discovery + and they said $4.99 a month.

They're really pushing it during Kids Baking Championship on Food Channel.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, January 05, 2021 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It is 4.99 with ads and 6.99 without ads