TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 03, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through December 03, 2020 users admin

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Tuesday, October 27, 2020 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
I loved Enola Holmes. Perhaps it will become a series.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, October 27, 2020 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Ha I got into the spassky Fischer games. Some channels had chess experts doing the analysis during the games. I had to study chess books to keep up with them. My husband and I were both between jobs and watched the games religiously. Sad that I had more interviews and got a job first before the end. I had to watch reruns at night. Before video tape. I will have to look for this.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, October 28, 2020 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This games were amazing. Such a shame that Fischer had so many issues and couldn't focus more on his chess career.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Wednesday, October 28, 2020 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Current Great British BAking SHow....I do not like the new comedian host. I miss Sandy. I hope she is back next season. Maybe she just could not do the weeks long quarantine the contestants, judges, and hosts are doing for this season.

The current two host are NOT funny, just silly and predictable.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, October 29, 2020 - 5:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Loving 'Queens Gambit'.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, October 29, 2020 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I want Sandy (Toksvig) to go back to hosting The News Quiz!!!!! She quit that gig because she was dipping her toes into politics, she founded the Women’s Equality Party. I was surprised (but happy) to see her back on tv at all.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Sunday, November 01, 2020 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I just finished binge watching The Queen's Gambit over the weekend. It was fantastic. Intricate, thoughtful storyline. Beautifully shot. Love the clothes and the style. It will be very memorable for me even though I only know the basics of chess.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, November 02, 2020 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I binged The Queen's Gambit this weekend too. So many people were saying such great things about it that I had to tune in. Loved it! Fantastic acting.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, November 15, 2020 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just started watching season 4 of The Crown. I'm really disappointed with the actress they got to play Diana. She's not nearly as pretty as Diana was, and her wig is horrible. Her "hair" looks stubby and terribly cut/styled. Ugh.}

Rvon

12-11-2003

Monday, November 16, 2020 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I don’t think she is that bad. You are correct that her wig is a little off, but I think she has a lot of Diana’s nuances and I think she sounds like Diana too. Gotta remember -- there is only one Diana so I think whoever was chosen to play her would have very big shoes to fill.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Monday, November 16, 2020 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
The 2nd episode is more interesting with the contrast between a woman with brains (Thatcher) vs. upper class idiot (Diana). We would definitely find that lifestyle unbearable.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 16, 2020 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
And I've always thought that "iconic" wedding dress was absolutely hideous. It swallowed her. Kate and Meghan's dresses were both so much more chic. I know it was the 80s, but it was just fugly.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, November 16, 2020 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Baby, I totally agree. I thought it was the ugliest wedding dress. It looked all wrinkled. The shoulders hideous and the dress looked like cinderella's fairy godmother's. No elegance.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My husband and I watched We Are the Champions last night. It was a first for him, he had never binged anything before. It was so much fun. Who knew you could cry watching a Yo-Yo competition? The message was simple yet exactly what we need in this crazy world. And the competitions, I had no idea some of these happened in the world. Cheese rolling was hilarious.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Finally finished The Queen's Gambit last night. Really loved it, even though neither hubby nor I are proficient in chess. Love the actress (Anya Taylor-Joy) so much, we found a couple of other movies she was in that we're going to watch, "The Witch" and "Split."

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, November 27, 2020 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed “The Queen’s Gsmbit “ , “Hillbilly Elegy” although the Mom was so darn needy. Now binging on “Reign” as there a zillion episodes.

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, November 28, 2020 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
So the Great British baking show finale was on Friday. Anyone Watch it? I am glad Peter won but I didnt agree with the finalits. Laura should never have made it to final 3. She cried all season, was almost eliminated so many times. No Question Hermine didn't have a good desert but all season long Hermine excelled. I think she got screwed and it wo uld have been a much more competitive final if Hermine had been in it.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Saturday, November 28, 2020 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I agree, Maris. I was shocked when Hermine went home, as she proved each week to be a much better baker than Laura. Laura was a hot mess. I was very happy to see Peter win too, but would not have been sad if Mark had won. I really enjoy this show.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Sunday, November 29, 2020 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I watched Hillbilly Elegy last night. What a great movie....and a very nice surprise. I did not realize it was a true story until the credits were rolling. Amy Adams and Glenn Close were excellent playing these roles.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, November 29, 2020 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the endorsement, Rvon! It's on our list.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, November 30, 2020 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Second season of Virgin River is up now.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Monday, November 30, 2020 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Just found out today that J.D. Vance is a staunch Republican and his wife clerked for Brett Kavanaugh. 🤮🤮🤮

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, December 02, 2020 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Fans of the Great British Baking show have something new to look forward to. The Christmas show starts on 11/4. If you haven't see the Christmas bake off before, they bring just four bakers, bakers who did not win but were on previous seasons, to come in and compete with classic Christmas recipes.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Wednesday, December 02, 2020 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
I liked the Hillbilly Elegy movie less than the novel, and I'm not a fan of the book. My roots are in Appalachia, so maybe that made me more critical. The book relates how his family would go back to Jackson, KY, frequently to visit relatives, and the movie didn't even touch on JD living with his dad in Jackson.
Just my

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, December 03, 2020 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Bluejax, the book was a memoir, not a novel.