TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 09, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Amazon Prime Video: Archive through October 09, 2020 users admin

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, August 14, 2020 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Loved both seasons of Blood and all the seasons of Line of Duty!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
For you Elton John fans out there, I highly recommend the documentary, Elton John - Uncensored, and is available now (free). It's a 58-minute interview he did with Graham Norton.

It's quite funny in many parts, not the least of which comes at the 10-minute mark when you can very clearly see, yours truly, waving my one-of-a-kind T-shirt (the message "You're Better Off Dead if You Haven't Heard Elton" is written on it) during Elton's big day (October 23, 1975) when he received his Star on the Hollywood Blvd. Walk of Fame. [End of shameless plug of myself as a teenaged Elton fanatic.]

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Aww, That's so cool! I have always loved Elton since I was a little girl. I got his album "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" for Christmas when I was only 8 years old. But...I have found him to be big jerk off at times during the past 20 years. Maybe this interview will help shake off that feeling I have about him right now.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
What a fun and great memory, Ric! No question that the man is a musical genius. An immense talent.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Elton was the soundtrack of my college years. He'll forever be attached to all those happy memories!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just seen you Uncle Ricky!! You were shouting something quite vehemently!!

Thanks for the tip, it's a perfect Saturday afternoon show. Love Graham Norton. Elton always seems a bit of a ____ but he does make spectacularly good music!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Uncle Ricky, that is soooo cool!! I have been an Elton fan since my tween years!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Pamy, Kitt, Babyjaxmom, Jimmer and Naja!

It was a nice surprise to see the clip included. It was part of a much longer documentary the BBC did on him many years ago. The Hollywood Blvd. thing happened two days before he played his two concerts at Dodger Stadium. To give you an idea of just how nuttily we (my best friend Lincoln and I) carried on, when it came time for Elton to play "Love Lies Bleeding," Lincoln and I ripped open small packets of ketchup (which we'd grabbed from the stadium concession stand) and smeared the ketchup all over our hands right when Elton got to the chorus of the song, "...and love lies bleeding in my hands." Some people sitting near us thought we'd actually cut our hands, but we made sure to wave the empty ketchup packets at them to let them know it was just a sight gag.

I agree that Elton developed quite a hideous reputation over the years and he acknowledges all of that to Graham Norton while also explaining why he behaved so awfully for so long -- it's really quite fascinating.

If you get a chance to read his autobiography ("Me"), you will get an even better perspective about how horrible his behavior truly was, thanks to how jaw-droppingly candid he is in describing "Bad Elton."

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Grrr! I just lost a long Elton post. I look forward to watching the documentary. I'm a big Graham fan too.

Love your ketchup story Ric! 😂

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It must be strange to see your younger self on tv. And for people who remember you from those days.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, August 24, 2020 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I guess famous people such as actors get used to it?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 24, 2020 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I follow Duncan Jones on twitter, he's David Bowie's son, and a really sweet guy who directs/creates scifi stuff. Obviously you forget who his father is, then occasionally he'll retweet a photo that a fan has sent of him as a little boy with his dad in some crazy situation or all in Bowie wild make up.

And he probably just remembers it like it was another day.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, August 24, 2020 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Rieann! And, Kitt, it only makes me sad that I'm not wrinkle-free today as I was back then!

But, seriously, I have experienced the teeny-tiniest droplet of fame, i.e., my own Nike TV commercial in 1995 and being the inspiration for one of the characters ("Vic Munoz") in Cameron Crowe's fittingly titled "Almost Famous" film in 2000, and I am extremely relieved that my fame -- if you can even call it that -- was as brief and as cemetary-quiet as it was. With social media being as vicious as it is, ALL famous people are constantly under attack, practically around the clock!

P.S. Your mention of Bowie's son reminded me that I got to touch Bowie's feet during his concert at the Hollywood Palladium (March 1973). I was pressed up against the stage and he was barefoot when he performed one of his songs and I was standing directly in front of him. I kind of petted his feet, kind of like how you'd pet a friendly cat's head.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 24, 2020 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I hope he enjoyed it!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 25, 2020 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That is so cool uncle Ricky -- Sounds like you have some great stories to tell!
I remember camping overnight in our cars to get in line to get Elton tickets. I got 6th row. The good old days. LOL. We were right by the piano.
I'll have to check out the documentary!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, August 27, 2020 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Thanks Brenda. You’ll really like the doc - Elton doesn’t hold anything back!

Kitt, I hope so, too.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Monday, August 31, 2020 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Have been enjoying watching a tv series called "Chuck" I did not watch it when it was on tv. About a computer nerd who ends up working with CIA. Has a beautiful blonde handler (Hanna for all of you Dexter fans) who helps him while he maintains his cover as a member of the "Nerd Herd" at "Buy More". It is mostly light and fun with some occasional big guest stars like Chevy Chase.
Recommend it if you want something lite to watch and did not see it before when it was on tv.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 02, 2020 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Just saw you Uncle Ricky!! sexy and shirtless!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, September 03, 2020 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Pamy! The shirtless part is certainly true, but I don't know about the sexy part - but very sweet of you to say - you're much too kind!

Boberg, I loved "Chuck" when it originally aired. The beautiful blonde, Yvonne Strahovski, also went on to be Emmy-nominated for her fabulous work on "The Handmaid's Tale" (on Hulu). And don't miss "Chuck" himself (Zachary Levi) in seasons two and three of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" (also on Amazon Prime) - he's wonderful.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Friday, September 04, 2020 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Thanks Uncle_ricky I will check out "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel." I forgot about Yvonne Strahovski being on "The Handmaids Tale" I guess cause she doesn't have blonde hair in that one, I just immediately said, that is Hanna from Dexter.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, September 04, 2020 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I have Stateless starring Ms. Strahovski in my watch list on Netflix.

I think Zachary Levi must be added to my list of celebrity crushes.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 05, 2020 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
A movie I got to preview a couple months back is coming out tomorrow. It's perfect for the Halloween season.

"Black Box"

"After losing his wife and his memory in a car accident, a single father undergoes an experimental treatment that causes him to question who he really is."

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Box-Mamoudou-Athie/dp/B08DXCF27X/

I got all excited from seeing the preview because the closeup of his eyeballs for the trailer was my suggestion! :-)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, October 05, 2020 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Ooooo, good preview! And how exciting Naja to have that little touch of effect on something.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 05, 2020 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Naja, that is sooo cool!!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 09, 2020 - 5:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just watched such a good one! If you like excellent twists, this is the movie for you.
It's an Amazon original movie and it's about a teenage girl that pushes he best friend off a bridge, and her folks try to cover it up for her.

The Lie

https://www.amazon.com/Lie-Joey-King/dp/B08DX1WFWK