TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 01, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Undoing (HBO): Archive through December 01, 2020 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, November 13, 2020 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There's always Donald Sutherland. I don't know that he'd get his hands dirty, but he might have wanted to protect his daughter and grandson if he thought she was a threat.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 13, 2020 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that is true. maybe he was having an affair with her too LOL

I kept trying to think where I knew the cop from and found out he played Versace in the tv movie. he was sooooo good in that

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, November 17, 2020 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Interesting theory floating around out there and that maybe Sylvia killed Elena. We now know that Jonathan had another affair (but they never showed him saying who that was to Haley). And remember the look he gave Sylvia at the arraignment? What if Sylvia is the one he had the other affair with and she killed Elena? Sylvia was very emphatic that it's "always the husband" - regardless of whether it was Elena's husband or Grace's husband.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 17, 2020 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am pretty sure I know who the killer is just by seeing the name of the book. If I'm right, no wonder they changed the name for the series.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, November 17, 2020 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I know the name of the book but that's not giving me any clues

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 17, 2020 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I feel a wife and mother can only say "I Should have known" about the people she lives with. That leaves the son and husband. I think they've pretty much ruled out the son, and it really is the husband.

Yeah, you can twist it to mean anything, but what I just posted is the most logical.

eta: they say based on the book "I Should Have Known" right in the opening credits, so that's not a spoiler.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, November 17, 2020 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Okay, you all are making me want to watch this.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, November 17, 2020 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I think it's too obvious to be the husband. I agree with the court-appointed attorney, Jonathan may be a dick but he's not a murderer. I'm going with the internet theory that Sylvia is the killer. Maybe Grace "should have known" her husband slept with her best friend?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 19, 2020 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I'm sticking with Grace is the killer....Maybe she should have known her split personality did it LOL

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 22, 2020 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It could still be the husband, the son could be covering for him.

Who is Sylvia to Grace? I thought at first she was her sister, but Donald Sutherland isn't her dad, so that's out. Just a friend? For the actress to be Lily Rabe, it seems like she's had quite a small part... so far.

Also why is she always in her office, whatever time of night it is?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 23, 2020 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
in the last ep she said something to her son and the next day he said remember you said that and she didnt remember...I think that is a clue. I think she takes a sleeping pill and possibly sleep walks. She stumbled across her hubby having the affair and went in and killed the girl

or.....these 2 have committed the perfect crime together to get rid of the girl that was threatening their perfect life

Kitt, I do agree that it is strange to have Lily in such a small part...there has to be a reason. Maybe Nicole consulted her on best way to get away with this crime. Earlier in the season we saw her more with her kid at school things now we only see her in her office. Strange

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, November 24, 2020 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The way Grace just takes off and walks in the middle of the night wearing a full length coat and heels is just weird.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, November 29, 2020 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
That ending was just awful. If that’s how the book ended, too, then I’m glad I didn’t read it. (But the actress, Noma Dumezweni, who played the defense attorney was utterly fabulous, so I’m glad I watched it because of how marvelous her acting was.)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, November 29, 2020 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree..what a waste of 6 freakin hours!!! The plotlines we all thought up were way better. I agree Noma was delicious to watch though!

I cant believe people that read the book thought this would make a good movie. I wish I read that he actually did it and saved me time!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 29, 2020 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't mind it, I was still thinking it could have been one of the others right until the end.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 30, 2020 - 5:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought it was a lacking mystery, but I enjoyed the acting. I had posted that I thought the killer was the father just from seeing the original title. Turns out I was right.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 30, 2020 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We loved it! We recorded it and saved all the recordings so we could watch it in a couple of days (waiting week to week has become so old school!). The cast was fabulous, but I couldn't stop staring at Nicole Kidman's face. I think she's had a lot of plastic surgery. She looks so different and a bit puffy.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 30, 2020 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"The cast was fabulous, but I couldn't stop staring at Nicole Kidman's face. I think she's had a lot of plastic surgery. She looks so different and a bit puffy."

Me, too! I was really distracted in her close-ups...her lips seemed very different, like she had fuller lips and stiffer face...and her jaw/chin seemed bigger. Every once in awhile, for a second or two, she looked more like Kate Walsh than Nicole Kidman.

I just looked this subject up and there is speculation all over the place:

https://theblast.com/149299/the-undoing-star-nicole-kidmans-fresh-face-plastic-surgeons-weig

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 30, 2020 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought she looked great.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 30, 2020 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I didn't think she looked "bad", just that she didn't look like herself anymore.

It's sort of like Uma Thurman who doesn't look like Uma anymore at all. I used to think she was both beautiful and unique looking, but after her surgery I didn't even recognize her when I was watching "The Slap" a few years ago. She's still pretty but pretty like a million other actresses. She just doesn't look unique or like herself anymore.

https://plasticsurgerygal.com/botox/uma-thurman-plastic-surgery-before-and-after-pictures-stun

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
My theory that he had an affair with Sylvia and she followed him to the girlfriend's place and murdered her after he left was much better.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I know this is fiction but Narcissistic Personality Disorder usually works in the opposite way. Outsiders think the person is empathetic and engaging. And, it's usually the family that lives with them that gets the brunt of the attacks. The fact that she was also a Clinical Psychologist was not believable to me. Maybe in the end when it was brought to light but there had to be things in their everyday life that should have tipped her off. It was good as a fiction story but not very accurate on the actual disorder.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Even though Hugh Grant turned out to be the killer, the writers did keep us guessing right up until the end. I have to give them credit for that. Hubby and I kept going, "The dad killed her. No, Nicole killed her! The SON killed her! Maybe it was Grandpa? No, it was Nicole. It WAS the dad!!!" We kept going back and forth every episode. I thought it was very well done.

SFJF, I totally agree with you. I was absolutely distracted by Nicole's face and couldn't stop staring at it. I didn't think she looked "youthful and refreshed" (as that article described her). I thought she looked puffy, frozen and unnatural. And I noticed she was wearing her hair around her face most of the time. I thought she was trying to hide the sides of her face.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I don't think that The Undoing was actually a good, mesmerizing, kept me on the edge of my seat show. That being said, however, I did enjoy wondering some of the things previously mentioned, did Jonathan have an affair with Sylvia? Did Jonathon, Grace or someone else kill what's her name? I did think Jonathon would ultimately be the killer but they did toss a few other crumbs of possible killers our way.

ITA with Uncle_ricky, Noma Dumezweni gave a riveting performance as lawyer Haley, she owned every single scene, quite compelling to watch.

I want to know where I can get the coats worn by Grace, they were so pretty.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I agree!