TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 27, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through October 27, 2020 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, September 23, 2020 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Sanfran, THATs where I recognized him from! DH!! Thank you! "

Pamy, the twins were also werewolves on Teen Wolf...they could meld into one another to become a single extra BIG werewolf. :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 23, 2020 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhh that is so cool!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Enola Holmes is a fun ride, highly recommend it. Based of a series of books about Sherlock’s quirky younger sister so there may be more movies coming.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It looks entertaining. Glad to hear it's worth a look.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
the Challenger miniseries was awesome.

Criminal a british show is also great!!! If you watched Game of Thrones Kit Harrington was in the second episode, brilliant.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I have liked most of the Criminal episodes, at least the UK version. I enjoyed seeing Kit Harrington and am looking forward to seeing the one with Kunal Nayyar.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’ve heard that the Challenger mini series is great. I just don’t know if I can watch it.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Maris, do you mean new episodes of previous seasons of The Great British Baking Show are going to be available on Netflix? I thought it had the last season.
I don't see anything listed on PBS and I have read that the newest season just started in the UK.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sugar, it's brand new episodes on Netflix this Friday. Same as the ones that have recently started in the UK.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thank you. I love me some Great British Baking Show.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I know Sugar, I literally cannot wait till tomorrow. Binge watching is in my future.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, September 26, 2020 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Apparently this is on Netflix but not up here in Canada so I had to watch on YouTube. Not a big deal. Lol

Father of the Bride part 3ish.

All the original cast plus some surprises I won’t give away. Very cute and heart warming.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, September 26, 2020 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Rissa, I really enjoyed Enola Holmes. I watched it the other night and it was the perfect bit of escapism I needed.

Eta- Maris and Sugar, thank you for recommending Criminal (UK). I enjoyed both seasons.

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, September 26, 2020 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Sugar the new season (8) is on Netflix but bummer, they are only showing one episode a week. The first one posted Friday and it was great to see the gang again. First episode they did the classic battenberg cake, Now I have to wait till next friday for episode 2

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, September 26, 2020 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Rissa, it was on the Netflix Facebook page, not on our Netflix here either.

I also really enjoyed Enola Holmes. Very fun. Everyone was really good in their roles. Loved the message of women being able to be themselves. And boy, Henry Cavill is awfully good looking.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, September 27, 2020 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I've loved Henry Cavill since he was on The Tudors.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, September 27, 2020 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed Enola Holmes a lot too. Millie is really quite talented.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I watched Boys in the Band. The acting was outstanding.
There was some joyous scenes that I loved but I found it kind of depressing.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The original film, from 1970, was at least 10 times more depressing, Pamy. Tragically, 5 of the film's 9 actors eventually died of AIDS. Interesting side note of the Netflix cast: Tuc Watkins (Hank) and Andrew Rannells (Larry) are a couple in real life - let's hope they get along a little bit better than Hank and Larry did in the film!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, October 07, 2020 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Uncle Ricky, oh wow now I am even sadder :-( God rest their souls. I cant imagine sitting thru 2 hours of even more depressing scenes :-(
I love hearing those 2 are a couple in real life!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, October 25, 2020 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching The Haunting of Hill House, and I can't stop thinking about it. It was SOOOOO good, and I'm not usually big on horror. This one was more supernatural and eerie. A few jump scares, but not too over the top. It was just really well written. I loved how the storyline kind of doubled back and interwove itself. Loved it!

I'm also watching Emily in Paris, which is very lightweight and frivolous. It's like eating dessert in half-hour stretches. Not earth shattering, but entertaining, and the characters are likeable. Also everybody's talking about it.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, October 26, 2020 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I just finished The Queen's Gambit. I really enjoyed this one. It has some slow bits but I found myself captivated by the story. Here is the synopsis from IMDb...

Eight year-old orphan Beth Harmon is quiet, sullen, and by all appearances unremarkable. That is, until she plays her first game of chess. Her senses grow sharper, her thinking clearer, and for the first time in her life she feels herself fully in control. By the age of sixteen, she's competing for the U.S. Open championship. But as Beth hones her skills on the professional circuit, the stakes get higher, her isolation grows more frightening, and the thought of escape becomes all the more tempting. Based on the book by Walter Tevis.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10048342/?ref_=hm_rvi_tt

It sure made me wish I knew how to play chess. I found myself on the edge of my seat during some of the matches.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, October 26, 2020 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Me, too, Rieann! I've only seen the first episode (loved it), but it was a tiny bit frustrating not understanding how the game works. Not having a grasp of chess, however, should (and will) not interfere with being able to enjoy the series, I'm sure.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, October 26, 2020 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’ve never seen chess depicted properly in a TV show
or movie. Hopefully, they’ve got it right. I’m looking forward to seeing it.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, October 27, 2020 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Yes, Ric. I was at a complete loss as to what was happening on the chessboard, but I was riveted. Lol

Jimmer, I am interested to hear what you think. I would say it does a fantastic job depicting chess but I am clueless. Haha

It is shot beautifully and the story has so many different layers. I predict this one will win a bunch of awards.

Meant to add that there are seven episodes so it is a quick binge.