TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 30, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Comic Book (Spoilers) Discussion: Archive through November 30, 2015 users admin

Vickie

07-16-2004

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I agree with Kitt!! This has started out great can't wait for the next episode.

I just got the next walking dead book called "Descent". They have been real good reading. I don't know if anyone else here is reading them.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm not entirely sure what the books are, Vickie, do they stay true to the TV show and just flesh it out or are they part of the comic book story?

I wondered whether to read the comic books but even the early ones seem to give away clues to what we see, because the tv show uses bits of old stories to create new ones. Apparently the comic book fans are all excited by what's happening to Bob now because it happened to Dale in their world.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Wow! I just read an article on the 5 that would most likely die this season....

Well Glen was on the list, and said why he may survive because in comic book glen and ricks crew meet up with a horrible horrible character name Negan - OMG! I know the creators have spoke about another character meaner than the general coming ...... I googled him and if your interested read about him in the wiki link

If they bring him into the series., this will be the most intense and scary show that we have ever seen yet on this tv show.

Maybe he will come next season, because they have too many unresolved stories yet in this season.

I shouldn't have read it,because of spoilers, except characters that have already died in the tv show are in it and names that are different than the tv show..... But wow!

And bringing up glen from article, is not a spoiler, it was only someone's observation.

06-29-2002

Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
This thread has been set up to discuss the comic books which may contain spoilers for the TV show.

Ronk

03-03-2009

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ronk a private message Print Post    
What issue of the comics correspond to where we are in the show?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
are the comics still being written?

Vickie

07-16-2004

Thursday, November 20, 2014 - 3:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Kitt the books are not the comics. They are written by Jay Bonansinga and Robert Kirkman. So far there are 4 books to the series. If you ever were interested in the Governor these tell you all the back story to him. Then it has gone on into the characters we have now. It's still slightly different but the books are great to read.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just want to point out that it would have been simpler to put the upper 7 posts in spoiler tags rather than having a whole separate area and an extra click for everyone else. I think the actual interest in a separate area should be based upon it getting more than 7 posts.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just want to point out that I made the above aggravated post waaaaaay before there was a second Dead show and there would be a sub folder anyway. Sorry! I was just crabby that day. :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
hahah Naja!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Someone mentioned it in the main thread, so out of curiosity I looked up how Glenn was killed in the comic.

He was beaten to death by a guy named Negan who was the leader of a group named "Saviors". Negan used a bat covered in barbed wire which he named "Lucille" to beat in Glenn's skull.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Last season when they were in Noah's home town Glenn found a baseball bat, and that got everyone online talking about what it must signify because of this plot in the comic books.

I do try to avoid comic book stuff, but so many little things people (elsewhere online) just assume are common knowledge, and before you know it you seem to know everything.

The other thing they are all excited about now, and which has seeped into my knowledge despite trying hard to avoid it, is that in the comic books Rick loses his hand. In the last episode he cut his hand on the broken knife and had to bandage it, so they're all speculating that it will go septic or something and they will have to chop it off. I can't see how it can happen for logistics reasons, who wants one of your main characters to have to wear a green glove and be CGIed every time he's onscreen! (They alluded to all this on last time's Talking Dead, btw.)

The writers have confirmed that Negan will make an appearance this season, I think just in the finale. But that doesn't necessarily mean that he will be as evil as the comic book version. And from what I hear through osmosis, it would be a good thing if he wasn't that evil.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I could have sworn last season TD one of the creators talked about how Negan is one of the meanest characters. (This is why I decided to google the character, and yes, he's worse than anyone so far)

Also, in the comic book Carl gets his eye shot out. So he will be a Governor look alike. Also it's been talked about this happening end of this season.
But who knows. It makes me sad that they are killing off the original characters before the newer ones.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
In one of the recent interviews, the producer said too much is being made of Rick's hand. Just an FYI.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Talking Dead is really in an awkward position. It's obvious Chris reads the comics, and a lot of the more avid guests do. The writers/producers obviously know everything about them, yet no one's really allowed to talk about it. They've slipped up quite a few times, but if you read anything online about TWD you hear things as well. I think you just have to know (assuming you don't actually want to be spoiled) that what happens in the comic books doesn't necessarily happen on the tv show, so everything's just a possibility.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think that's pretty obvious. They are always saying something happened differently in the comics than the tv show on Talking Dead.

Plus, it's that way for almost everything that goes from print to screen.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I find it odd that if the writers killed off Glen why they would do it in this episode and not wait until the finale or mid season finale.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Oops, sorry.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, November 09, 2015 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Idk, I'm thinking Ron might be more focused on shooting Carl...

Don't look if you don't want to know...

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
I think this is how Carl loses his eye... (If they follow the books)

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
This just in...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-negan-jeffrey-dean-836243

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh............................. I love that actor..... but I hate that he will be portraying such a bad guy. Bummer.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I too love this actor ..... It will be weird to see him so evil.

Also I think #4 makes sense with the Thank You as in title and that Nic saying thank you would only make sense if that was his plan to save Glen

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
From what I have heard about Glenn in the comics I almost prefer him to be dead now. If that scene appears on the tv show I will not watch. I get sick to my stomach thinking about it

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, November 30, 2015 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I sure hope TWD doesn't follow the comics which would be 1st or 2nd episode when we come back in Feb.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
for those who already know, Glen gets killed by n egan when they first meet. If it has to happen, I hope they will use a different character like,they did with mic hone when they killed off Andrea instead. (Sad face)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, November 30, 2015 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't know if anyone else caught it, but since it was on The Talking Dead, it's not really a spoiler. Toward the end, when Kirkman was talking about the mid season premiere, he said something like "lots of people die." It was kind of passed over, but it seemed to me he was talking about that episode, which doesn't thrill me.

I already tape the show and read what happened here before I watch. It's getting a little too dark for me, frankly.