TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 31, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Doctor : Archive through March 31, 2020 users admin

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Why in the heck do they think we care about Sean’s sex life??

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
because when most people see people with disabilities, they think of the disability not the abilities. We are learning of the possibilities for all, it is a ride on the autism bus for most of us who don't know a lot about it.
since I volunteer for a charity that is about promoting including children of all abilities together, many people stop by and ask about the pictures I post. Picture of kid in wheelchair playing with a child with down syndrome playing with a kid with no apparent disability.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Well said Sadiesmom! I enjoy seeing Sean's growth in different things...from communicating with patients and peers to forming relationships, and yes, some of those relationships will include sex. It's a natural thing that most people his age would have already experienced, but due to his disability, he has not, it isn't bothersome to me at all.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It’s not just a medical drama. It’s a show about a person with autism and they are showing all aspects of his life.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 13, 2020 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
As the mom of a son with Autism, can I just say it does creep me out to see Sean having a sex life. I don't want to think of my son that way.

Of course, I want him to have someone in his life to love and to love him, but at this point he doesn't show any interest in the opposite sex (or even the same sex--I've asked).

Sean reminds me so much of my Jack in so many ways--except for being a doctor. My boy hated school and thinks college is a "financial scam." Sometimes my hubby and I just have to laugh at Sean's reactions cause our boy is much the same.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, February 13, 2020 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think most parents are a bit creeped out by any thoughts of their kid’s sex life. And most kids are in turn creeped out by any thoughts of their parent’s sex life.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, February 13, 2020 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well people with disabilities are like regular people, all different. I had a doctor who was a small person, I thought she was great and always asked for her when I went to that clinic but she said a lot of people walked out when they saw her. I guess that is why she had so much time to listen to me describe the issues.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 13, 2020 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well said, Jimmer!

But tv characters...

I have enjoyed how Shaun has progressed and how a team has built up to advocate for him at times and work with him, as he is.

Those relationships can be challenging, but rewarding.

Less B.S. allowed from all sides.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, February 14, 2020 - 4:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I watched a tv program where a teen aged little person told a story of what happened to her.

She was working in a dress shop.

A man walked in, took one look at her and said "You are a mistake. God didn't make you. God doesn't make mistakes!"

Can you imagine how that would make a teenager feel.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 14, 2020 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Omg, Dogdoc! That's awful! I will never understand how people can be so cruel to others, especially someone they don't even know. That was a very hurtful thing to say. Even if the girl understood it was wrong, it would still be painful to remember.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, February 14, 2020 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is such an ignorant thing for him to say.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 14, 2020 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 5:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Poor little guy, getting his heart broken all over the place.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Did anybody hear what question Sean asked the son of the woman who died during surgery?

It was when he went back to the house and told the that her last words were his name.

Then he asked him something that would indicate he had inherited the syndrome. I wasn't sure what he asked.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Did he have excessive cavities, I think.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Sadie. I thought I heard 'cavities'
and then forgot the word.

I guess he was talking about dental cavities.

Now that it is coming back, did he say the lady that died had "4 Cavities"?

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Holy crap what an exhausting episode.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
My eyes are dripping from that gut-wrenching, Emmy-worthy ep.

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Monday, March 30, 2020 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
Tears. 😢

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I wasn't expecting all that.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I cannot remember crying this hard watching a season finale of a show before. Wow! That was hard to take.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Oh, how I love a happy ending, with the exception of Dr. Mendez dying.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
What is Melendez’s girlfriends name?
Do we think she was suspicious at all about him and Claire?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
She's Dr Lim, but didn't they break up because they were having trouble keeping it professional (because he overstepped because of their private relationship, when professionally she was his boss)?

I don't think his relationship with Claire was like that anyway. They just found a respect and understanding that grew to love. I don't think either of them would have crossed a line if he was still going out with Dr Lim.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt. I forgot about them going separate ways. Guess I thought they weren’t all the way split...