TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 20, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through September 20, 2020 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 01, 2020 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Happygal! I'll look into that one.

And can I just say, the last episode (#8, there are more coming in this season) ended on an unexpected note that made me LOL!!! I love that show and am so sad that this is the final season.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 02, 2020 - 5:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I am reenjoying Deep Space Nine.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, September 02, 2020 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Is that on Netflix? I get it on bbcamerica

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, September 03, 2020 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Yes, it is also on Netflix.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Thursday, September 03, 2020 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching Cursed? A Game of Thrones type show about a young girl, a sword, and magic. But with a good story and characters. https://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-demand/2020-07-17/cursed-netflix-review/

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, September 03, 2020 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I watched the first couple of episodes of Cursed, but then got bored with it. It's supposed to be based on the Lady of the Lake/King Arthur mythology.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, September 05, 2020 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Peacock tv gets you into a series and then won't let you watch the rest unless you buy the service....free my foot. Be warned.

I got to the 3rd episode of season 2 of Special Victims Unit and they cut me off unless I pay up. Nerts to them.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 05, 2020 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Peacock is completely free if you have Comcast/xfinity.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, September 05, 2020 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I don't have either. I'm pretty low-tech.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, September 05, 2020 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm really enjoying the Hillary Swank series AWAY, but then I love sci-fi.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, September 05, 2020 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It has got some terrible reviews and ratings on IMDB. However, I watched the first episode last night and I thought it was very good. Glad to hear you like it.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, September 06, 2020 - 5:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm glad she and the Russian seemed to have healed their rift.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, September 06, 2020 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I loved it but I read if you want it to be true to NASA space exploration you will be disappointed. I’m not a nerd when it comes to space exploration and rockets so I’m none the wiser.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, September 06, 2020 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I watched the second episode and so far it is still very good. Interesting characters and relationships and I like that they aren't completely focused on the science (which may be what some hardcore science fiction people don't like about it).

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The storyline with her family is great but so sad.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This Wednesday, Sept 16, an unusual singing competitions come out. They drop all 8 eps at once. It sounds fun.

"Sing On!" is a competition where the contestants have to sing in the voice of famous pop singers as close as possible.

It's a copy of a foreign show.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought that was the north korean show i watched 8 years of shows. Is this from another country?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's a new American show that is a copy of the foreign show. Like our American Idol was a copy of UK's Pop Idol. I tried to say that in the last line of my post, but I guess it wasn't clear.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well it will be interesting to understand every word. I had trouble keeping up with the captioning. The one thing I did not like was the long interviews with fast speaking judges. Some how I think the American version will have less singing and more long interviews.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I sat down to watch Cuties to see if it was as bad as they say. I didn’t get past 15-20 minutes bc it’s in another language with no sub titles. I lost interest. Anyone seen it?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I watched a movie called A Simple Favor with Blake Lively. I really enjoyed it.

Weinermr

08-18-2001

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weinermr a private message Print Post    
Saw that movie a few months ago Pamy, it was pretty good.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Weinermr, I actually liked the characters so much I would love to see a series about them. It was campy fun

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Is anyone else watching Ratched with Sarah Poulson? It's a Ryan Murphy show, and it's very typical Ryan Murphy: edgy, pretty violent at times, but very colorful (as in costumes and sets) and interesting camera angles. Hubby's a little shocked at times, but we're sticking with it. About halfway through now. Great cast, too!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I am, it is slow as molasses but I love the vintage production styling. It needs more action. I like the actors and the acting but the script is dreadful