TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 20, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Emmy Awards: Archive through September 20, 2020 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
My autocorrect kept putting in that I wanted to 'kiss' the characters instead of 'miss' the characters which is true. I would love to kiss them all! :0)

I wish I had realized sooner that Thomas Lennon was doing commentary on who was on stage or coming to the stage. His voice was very low like a golf commentator but it was all in good fun.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yay for Michelle Williams.

But that commentator was MORONIC. Stupid waste of time.

Loathe Ken Jeong, that fool works my last nerve.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Loved that Julia Garner won for "Ozark" - she is the absolute star of that show -- and -- Jason Bateman won for best directing - yay!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree, Mameblanche, that commentator was horrible! Overall, the show was terrible. Maya Rudolph was once again painfully unfunny with her stupid "laser surgery" sunglasses. Didn't she do something on some other awards show that was similarly painful?

Happy with many of the winners (John Oliver, Michelle Williams, Peter Dinklage and many others), but there are so many shows these days that I don't watch. I thought I watch a lot of television, but apparently there are still some shows I've never heard of!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that it was a pretty dull mechanical kind of show. They handed out the awards and got it done but there wasn't a lot of excitement. It wasn't offensive or anything. It was just okay.

The Bob Newhart bit was funny and the hosting bit was funny but these things were few and far between.

I'm also disappointed that the so called big four original networks can't seem to produce shows that even get nominated, much less win (with the sole exception of This is Us).

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I have quit watching all award shows since the "stars" have started using it as their platform for their political views and stances.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I was so happy for Fleabag and Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Love that show. I was a bit torn as I really wanted Catherine O'Hara to win for Schitt's Creek. I am happy she and the show were nominated this year though. It was great to see Jodie Comer win for Killing Eve too.

Only watched a bit of the show. Thomas Lennon's bit didn't work for me.

I need a movie starring Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Bill Hader. They were great presenting together.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I was hoping for a Catherine O'Hara win too Rieann. I Love Schitts Creek so much!! Loved seeing them all dressed up.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I have never even heard of Fleabag until now.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the most interesting thing on the Emmy's was Porter's hat. I was like What????? If there was symbolism, I missed it, but sure was interesting.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I felt sorry for anyone sitting behind him.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think the idea was to be fabulous. If you watch Pose, it makes sense.

But indeed, Jimmer is right. Sitting behind big hats can be a problem.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Or big hair. Diana Ross was at the same tennis tournament.. In front of a friend. Luckily it was stadium seating. Woot Chamberlain also came to that venue..

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
So this should be an interesting year for these awards. They are using old footage of past audiences and canned laughter for the opening. We'll see how this goes.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Jimmy Kimmel is hosting and it's like a massive zoom party with all the nominees. Some are dressed in their finest and others look to be in casual clothing. Jennifer Aniston is actually in the theater and handing out the first award for best actress in a comedy. Very strong field of actresses.

Katherine Ohara wins for Scott's creek. I was hoping Issa Rae, for Insecure, would get recognition but there's always next year.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I don't think I will last long watching this. I watch award shows more for the people watching and miss seeing the actual audience.

Good luck Kimmel - This is a tough one to pull off.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Eugene Levy won for Schitt's Creek. I'm not saying this isn't a good show but my biggest complaint about the Emmys is how they pick one show each year and no one else gets to win.

Tracey Ellis Ross is there to present best comedy writer. I enjoyed her take on why she showed up - she wanted to wear a pretty gown and get out of the house. And then she preceded to announce she was leaving before announcing the winner.

Oh my, what a surprise! Daniel Levi won for Schitt's Creek. He's talking about how he had no experience before but his dad let him do it. That might explain why I never made it past 10 minutes of the 1st episode.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the opening. Anyone watch Schitt's creek?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Next up - best director for a comedy. I can't imagine who will win . . . Quell surprise, the directors of Schitt's Creek.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm not even listening any more so when Schitt's Creek just won the 4th award, I don't even know what it is for. When Daniel Levi just accepted, he stated he knows the internet is turning against him at this moment. At least he is aware.

Zendaya looks gorgeous.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Im loving it. Kimmell is pulling it off so far, what a tough gig.

I absolutely LOVED Schitts Creek so Im incredibly happy they are cleaning up.. but I know exactly what you mean Kappy about one show taking it all.. I get it but Im still SO happy for all of them! well deserved.

because of social distancing Ive been watching lots so I know many of the shows, unlike years past.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Award #5 - take a guess. Schitt's Creek.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
He actually had a lot of experience For a number of years according to his wiki page.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Award #6 - outstanding comedy - Schitt's Creek

It's funny that Levi is getting political as I was just thinking nepotism is as alive and well in Hollywood as it is in the White House.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
WOW, good job Schitts and I had a good laugh over the Stanley Cup LOL

well, he pretty much just said to please Vote. and it surprised me too as hes Canadian :-)