TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 31, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through August 31, 2020 users admin

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I just started watching Love on the Spectrum. I smiled the whole way through the 1st episode. One thing I've always loved about people on the autism spectrum is their honesty, and you can really see this. I just loved each one of the people they've shown so far. I can't wait to watch the rest of the episodes!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow, I hadn't heard about this show, Ranger2. We have a 19 year old son on the spectrum. So far he's only interested in video games and YouTube, not girls (or boys). He has friends, but mostly others who, like him, are into video games. He is very honest and has a great sense of humor. He does impressions! He had me in tears of laughter the other day in the car, imitating Gordon Ramsey. I'll have to check this show out!

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
BJM I would love to hear your opinion on this show, with you being a parent of a child on the spectrum. I'm on the 4th episode now and I'm just loving this show. I'm an instructional assistant in a school and I'm always drawn to children on the Spectrum. The families they've shown on this series seem amazing. I feel this show has been done really well!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Ranger, I watched the first two episodes and found myself smiling throughout. I love everyone on the show from those looking for love to the parents. It really is nice to have a feelgood show to watch.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hubby says he's not interested, but I'll check it out. Thanks!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, August 02, 2020 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Huzzah! A new season Sugar Rush, Extra Sweet started on Friday. I have watched 1 episode and am trying not to binge as I want to savor them.

I finished The Politician last night. I think I liked season a bit better. Season 2 seemed to flounder a bit. Loved Judith Light and Bette Midler. I actually think a lot of Ryan Murphy shows are overrated.
Glee was fun, Hollywood had some amusing, thoughtful bits and a couple of good performances but was overwrought in ways I doubt were intended. I did like Pose & Feud.

I am unsure about watching Love on the Spectrum as I am afraid it may be sad or heartbreaking. I hope I am wrong.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, August 03, 2020 - 5:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
When I watched it I said that Bette Midler should get an Emmy for that role. Yay, she is nominated for one.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 03, 2020 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It was originally an AMC show, but it's now on Netflix... I'm really enjoying Turn: Washington's Spies. yes, it's a bit dramatic, but it's based on history and fun to watch after binging on Hamilton. I find myself googling a lot of the characters and then marveling that the stories are true.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 04, 2020 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I've been watching Indian Matchmaking for the past couple of days. It's fascinating! She must charge a lot of money for her to be flying all over the world. Also her clients must mainly be fairly well off, cause they also fly around to meet people.

I just loved Nadia and was very disappointed that Vinay flaked on her TWICE! So glad she moved on and seems to have found a better fit with the Chicago guy. I would love to see how many of these people actually get married.

Aparna is too full of herself and too picky. You're never going to find the "perfect husband," but she is not exactly perfect either.

I'm rooting for Vyasar and Rashi. So many of these people are just so likable and sweet. I just want them to find someone they can be happy with!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, August 07, 2020 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am ready for season 2 of the Indian Matchmaker .

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Friday, August 07, 2020 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Oh yea' My Daughter just told me I need to watch Indian Matchmaking' I am looking forward to it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, August 08, 2020 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Loved it!

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Saturday, August 08, 2020 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
It feels very scripted like a mockumentary, so she only had to fly once to America for filming.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 10, 2020 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It didn't feel that way to me, Vsmart. Perhaps it was filmed over several months. She seemed to make several trips to America, to different parts of the country.}

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, August 15, 2020 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I finished watching Reckoning this evening. I thought parts were uneven but I quite liked the performance of Sam Trammell.

I think he has a resemblance to Sam Rockwell and think it would be fun to see them in something together playing family members. A well written comedy would be nice.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Saturday, August 22, 2020 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
This is a mindless, humorous show. Sometimes in today's world, I just need something very light after a day of hearing political and Covid news.I saw this as a new show on Netflix and thought I would watch the first episode and move on. It is goofy, mindless, but hilarious to me. "Teenage Bounty Hunters".

Happygal

11-15-2004

Saturday, August 22, 2020 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happygal a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, sorry to burst your bubble, but none of the people featured in the Indian Matchmaker show are still together. I was certainly hoping for Nadia to make a match.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Haha Smokey! After I read your post, I watched the first ep of Teenage Bounty Hunters and was cracking up! Thanks for the suggestion.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Happygal, for dashing my dreams! That's why I stopped watching Married at First Sight. I watched one season and got mad at them all when nobody stayed together. I still think Indian Matchmaking is a fun show, plus I learned a bit about Indian culture.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 24, 2020 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Here's a story from E!Online that follows up on what happened with each couple from Indian Matchmaking, in case anyone's interested.

https://www.eonline.com/photos/31316/indian-matchmaking-status-check

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, August 25, 2020 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I guess it should have been called Indian NOT Matchmaking.
I did find it to be interesting, so different that what I know. I cannot fathom my parents trying to arrange a match for me or my siblings or being insistent that we marry so young.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 25, 2020 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My thought is that the matchmaking process can't be any worse than the success rate we have choosing our own partners. At least they try to pick people who are compatible and whose families have things in common. I know of several arranged marriages. Most of them seem happy together, although I've heard of some not working out. Just another way of making a family.

Oh, and I almost forgot! Lucifer is back!!!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, August 31, 2020 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I finished Giri/Haji last night. Although some of the characters were interesting I thought the last episode was weird with an odd dance sequence that came out of nowhere. It was so bizarre and out of context that it rather ruined the series for me.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Monday, August 31, 2020 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Naja I loved the series. Goofy and sort of juvenile, but I thought it was fun. I watched all of it.

Happygal

11-15-2004

Monday, August 31, 2020 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happygal a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, there is a documentary on Netflix called A Suitable Girl that is also about India and matchmaking/marriage, etc. One of the young women they feature is the daughter of the Indian Matchmaker! It was an interesting 90 minute documentary - I recommend it.