TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 14, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Amazon Prime Video: Archive through August 14, 2020 users admin

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, May 18, 2020 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Amazon Prime Video is like Netflix in that "some" things are free. They have some shows and some movies. Others you pay for. Netflix doesn't have everything either, but then you're just out of luck and have to go elsewhere.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 18, 2020 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I commented in 5/12/20. ya know how much I loved that show :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Bob2112, I watch Amazon on my Amazon Firestick, so yes, I am logged into Amazon.

I started watching Beecham House on Amazon. Love those PBS period pieces! The costumes and sets are amazing. So horrible what the Brits did to India (not much different than what we did to Hawaii).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Alias is free on my Amazon prime. I watched 1st ep last night and I still cant believe its been NINETEEEN YEARS! since it premiered!! The show holds up and was so good :-) Jen Garner doesnt age!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Pamy....I know its hard to believe it was so long ago! Awesome show, I so want to share with my 13.5 y/o daughter! Hopefully Canada gets it too!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
hope you get it! I just told my 24 yr old son to watch it, so we can discuss on the weekends :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hey, now Alias shows that it's free on Amazon! It was $10 per season last time I looked (just a couple of days ago).

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    
Yay!

Prime is nice but it will drive you crazy.
We've had a series we were watching for free that changed to no longer free. We noticed after watching 1 or 2 episodes and had charges on our account. We contacted Amazon and they did remove the charges, so that was good.

We originally watched Alias with the kids using Netflix with the 3 DVD plan. I think it's the only series we all watched together. It was quite organized. There were 4 episodes per disk, so we would watch 2 each night. There was always a disk in the mail being returned, a disk in the mail to us and a disk in the DVD player.
We did get a bad disk one time and that messed us up for a couple of days before we got replacement. I think we watched all 4 episodes in one day to get back on track.

We watched the first 2 episodes last night, so I think the pattern is ingrained in us. So far it is as good as I remember, but everyone is so young. Sarah Shahi was in episode 2. I didn't even know she was in the series. She was only 21 and it was the first show she was on for more than 1 episode. I knew her from Life, which was 6 years later.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Since they integrated prime into the xfinity X1 boxes, it's so much easier. They include prime stuff in your X1 searches.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Since there are no commercials the eps go by super fast. I looked to see if the old Alias thread was in the archives but it's not. Would have been fun to resurrect it :-)

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Season 2 of Hanna is out. It is so good!!! We only have 1 episode left and it only came out on Friday.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just watched and totally enjoyed "River". It's a 6 episode series from 2015.

It's about a schizophrenic older cop trying to solve the murder of his younger female partner. It stars Stellan SkarsgÄrd and he does an awesome job in the role.

Rotten Tomatoes gave it 100!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I started watching Hanna. It is good. I am only on 1st ep of season 2.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I liked River.
I also liked season 1 of Hannah. I have only watched episode 1 of season 2.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I just started watching Rectify on Netflix. I'm on episode 5. So far, so good.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 10, 2020 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We enjoyed River also. Now we're watching Unforgotten, which is very similar. In fact, it stars Nicola Walter, the same actress who was in River. There are three seasons, but only 6 episodes each (those "lazy" Brits with their short seasons--kidding!).

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 10, 2020 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I went to check out "Unforgotten" after seeing your post today, and apparently I have seen season 1 and I don't remember it. LOL

I'll start ep 1 and see if it comes back to me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 12, 2020 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Naja, that happens to me too!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 14, 2020 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am on ep 3 of "Blood". It's really good!

It's an Irish murder mystery where a daughter comes home from the city for her mom's funeral after an accident by the pond, but she thinks her mom was murdered. Also, the daughter has been through some "gas-lighting" by her family through the years to make it seem like she's a little nuts. This isn't a cop show, thank goodness. I've had enough of those for awhile.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, August 14, 2020 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed that one, Naja.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 14, 2020 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Is season 2 a whole new story with new people, or continuation of the first season?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, August 14, 2020 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Often too long between seasons of streaming series. I forget and maybe lose interest.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, August 14, 2020 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Naja, a continuation with the same characters and a new mystery of sorts.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, August 14, 2020 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Was going to add that Adrian Dunbar, who plays the dad, is in another excellent show available through Prime called Line of Duty. That is a cop show though... but it is so good. Lol

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 14, 2020 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Cool! Thanks :-)