TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Lovecraft Country (HBO)

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Lovecraft Country (HBO) users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, August 22, 2020 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
LOVED it! Stars Courtney B. Vance and Jurnee Smollett. An older man (Vance), his nephew and his nephew's female friend (Smollett) set off in the 1950s to update a black travelers' guide (similar to the Green Book), while searching for the young man's missing father. Along the way, they encounter terrible racism, until everything takes a turn for the bizarre (but fun) towards the end of the episode. JJ Abrams and Jordan Peele are Executive Producers. Looking forward to episode #2!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, August 22, 2020 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We really liked it as well! We are big Michael K. Williams fans in this house, so I hope we see him more. He plays the lost father.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Loved the first episode! Good characters, lots of action, and twists!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It's weird and quirky, which I love, if done well. Reminds me a bit of the tone of "True Blood" (man, I miss that show!).

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I just finished the first episode. That ending was crazy. Looking forward to seeing what happens next. 👍

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, October 18, 2020 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I have been watching every episode and its been a wild ride! Some of it leaves you with your jaw hanging open, some leaves you thinking for days afterward. Lots of blood and gore and lots of action. The acting is amazing at times, you just feel for these characters.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, October 19, 2020 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It certainly went in unexpected directions. Haven't watched the finale yet, but will probably get to it this afternoon.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 19, 2020 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I've enjoyed the whole thing, but about the last 3 episodes I didn't really get.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: