TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 03, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through July 03, 2020 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, June 13, 2020 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The Stranger is based on a book by Harlan Coben. He is a prolific and acclaimed writer of this type of story. I enjoy his books.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Saturday, June 13, 2020 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
Dating around and Lenox Hill are both interesting reality/documentary series.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, June 13, 2020 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The Woods is a Harlan Coben book too.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 20, 2020 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching Reckoning on Netflix. It's supposed to take place in Northern California, but was actually filmed in Australia! They kept mentioning NorCal locations, such as Mendocino, Sonoma and San Francisco, but the series follows the "Moreno" Sheriff's Department (no such county as "Moreno" in California). It was actually pretty good. Wonder if we'll ever get a second season?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, June 21, 2020 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Out of boredom we finished Space Force. It got a bit better but still did not find it particularly funny.
Did they ever say why Lisa Kudrow's character was in prison for 40 years?

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 5:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
No Sugar, they didn’t. Supposed to be some big mystery they will reveal down the road.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Baby, I started The Reckoning yesterday. I wish the two men looked less alike. I'm having trouble telling them apart which is confusing.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thanks Rissa. I didn't think I missed it but was also playing games on my tablet while watching so I wasn't sure.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
No Sugar, I only know because I googled it at the time, thinking I had missed it as well. Remember when Steve tells her they are moving to Colorado and she has the breakdown in bed, begins sobbing? My guess is that she tried to burn down a military facility. Lol

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
OG, I had no trouble telling the two men apart, cause the one who plays the guidance counselor is Sam Trammell (who played Sam the bar owner/shape shifter on True Blood--I love him!).

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I have them straight. But the plot thickens.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I watched the Stranger on Saturday...so awesome! Thank you for the head's up. My dd watched it yesterday.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Watched Lovebirds on Netflix yesterday. Roller coaster, lol. I went into it expecting a low quality comedy that would be a rehash of similar themed films, but good for a distraction. Then the first 10 minutes blew me away. The chemistry between stars Issa Rae and Kumail Nanjiani was top notch and the dialogue was so smart and true to life. Then we had five minutes of exciting action and watching the actors faces reflect the slowly dawning reality of what was happening was impressive. After that the story line gets ridiculous and it reverted to the kind of so-so comedy I had been expecting.

So watch it, it is good for 90 minutes of distraction. The two lead actors are excellent! But don’t let the opening minutes raise your expectations too high.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Started watching Sweet Magnolias. It kind of gives me southern Gilmore Girls vibes.

Pschrfhd

05-22-2011

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pschrfhd a private message Print Post    
I was delighted yesterday to find the second season of The Politician available on Netflix. It's one of those I had completely forgotten about since the first season ended.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Pschrfhd....I was coming here to say the same about season 2 of The Politician. I'm nearly finished season 2 and it is titillating for sure! LOL

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I've been watching season 2 of Dirty John. The topic is the Betty Broderick murder case. It's very well done and goes into a lot more detail than previous movies I've seen.
Had never watched season 1 which covered the Debra Newall/John Meehan relationship and found it on Netflix. It was so suspenseful and engrossing I stayed up until 1 AM Monday morning binge watching all 8 episodes.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m liking season 1 better than season 2 Snoops but both are good.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, July 01, 2020 - 5:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking Bette Midler might get an Emmy nod for her part in the 2nd season of The Politician. She is a tour de force to be reckoned with.

Pschrfhd

05-22-2011

Wednesday, July 01, 2020 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pschrfhd a private message Print Post    
Now that I've finished Season 2 of The Politician, I'm happy to see that they set it up for a Season 3. Fingers crossed!

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Wednesday, July 01, 2020 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I think I liked season 1 better too. Season 2 is good, and paints a much more negative picture of Dan Broderick and what he put Betty through. The problem for me is that Amanda Peet doesn't resemble Betty at all.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 02, 2020 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I started watching The Order on Netflix yesterday. It's kind of like a Harry Potter goes to college. Enjoying it so far!

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, July 02, 2020 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Snoops, I watched the Betty Broderick Trial because i was on maternity leave at the time. I think the Meredith Baxter portrayal was much better than the current portrayal. I am watching the show and while Dan Broderick was an evil man she was crazy. the trial played all the recordings of messages she left at Dan's house. The messages she left for her little boy were terrible. There is no doubt that she sacrificed, supported him, did everything and then when he made it he ditched her.

Trials like hers make me miss Court TV.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, July 02, 2020 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I watched the Betty Broderick Trial on Court TV too. I miss Court TV! I find Amanda Peet to be a very odd choice to play Betty. I'm not sure I'll watch the show. I feel like I know the story from the court case.

I tried to start the Dirty John podcast. but the narrator voice was offputting to me so I didn't stay with it. Maybe I should try the mini-series.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 3:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We are really loving the comedy "Russian Doll". It stars Natasha Lyonne (the redhead from Orange is the New Black).

It has almost the same premise as Groundhog Day, but it's darker and funnier.