TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 04, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Hamilton : Archive through July 04, 2020 users admin

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, July 01, 2020 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
It's going to air on July 3rd on Disney Plus.

Can't wait to see it!

Hamilton coming to Disney Plus July 3, but you can't stream with a free trial. How to watch

quote:

The hip-hop musical is hailed as a creative modern retelling of Alexander Hamilton's journey to becoming a founding father of the US. Created by composer, playwright, performer and producer Lin-Manuel Miranda, Hamilton won 11 Tony awards in 2016 as well as the 2016 Pulitzer Prize in Drama.

The Hamilton movie was recorded with the original 2016 Broadway cast, which consists mostly of Black, Latino and Asian American performers, including Miranda himself.

quote:

You can start streaming Hamilton on Disney Plus July 3 (Friday) at 12:00pm PST, appropriately enough for a musical about the American Revolution. The movie was originally scheduled to hit theaters in October 2021 but was moved to an online showing as a result of theater closure during the coronavirus pandemic.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, July 02, 2020 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am so excited to see this. We where in NYC in 2016 and I waffled about going as I don't care for hip hop or rap and I wasn't going to pay $400.00 for a ticket. Later as I heard more of the songs I rather regretted not seeing the original cast. I was glad they recorded it and were going to release it at a later date.

Lin Manuel Miranda is one of my celebrity crushes.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, July 02, 2020 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
So I am too lazy to go find the link but cute story. Apparently you can only have one f word in a movie and then it gets an R rating. Hamilton has 3 f words in the lyrics. Lin Manuel was getting blowback on allowing Hamilton to be edited so it could air on the Disney plus platform and he replied... I could literally give 2 f’s so kids could watch my film. Lol

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 02, 2020 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, July 02, 2020 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LMAO!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 02, 2020 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
A couple of years ago (maybe 3), I got roped into driving some of my son's friends to church camp, about an hour's drive from here. Of course, my son is too cool to ride with his mom, so he rode with a couple of friends in their mom's car, and I had a backseat full of three 13 year old girls. It was an education for me! Girls talk about so much more than boys do (my son is kind of quiet, due to his ASD). But about halfway up the hill, one of the girls started rapping songs from "Hamilton." Word for word. For a solid hour. Ay yi yi.

I'm actually excited to watch the professional version.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, July 02, 2020 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I saw Hamilton in Chicago and had tickets for NYC for my daughter's graduation present when covid hit and Broadway closed. I'm excited to see it on my TV this weekend. It won't be the same as in person, but it will be a real joy to see the original cast. I love that it's coming to Disney + so that so many can see it. I just wonder if the Disney servers will crash this weekend. :-)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, July 02, 2020 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I saw it in Tampa and it was everything I had heard it would be. Fantastic! I cannot wait to watch it with the original cast. Lin Manuel Miranda is the best.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, July 02, 2020 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Same - I saw it at the Kennedy Center in DC and it was must see viewing in person- can’t wait to see the original cast!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just wonder if the Disney servers will crash this weekend.

Brenda, I've been wondering the same thing!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Me too. If the servers crash, I will be sad.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Before Randy Rainbow got political

Just getting everyone settled down to watch. So excited!!!!!

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Loved it! Hope to watch uninterrupted later.

eta-first thing I've watched without the closed captioning on in a long time. 😂

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Love the early Randy Rainbow too, had never seen it.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Loved it!!! Funny though, a few weeks ago I accidentally turned on the caption option for streaming and I cannot figure out how to turn it off. Rather, I haven’t spent the time trying. Lol. Glad it was on though so I could follow the lyrics, would have missed half the content otherwise.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It was amazing. I am glad I could watch it with the original cast and be able to see every emotion up close and personal. I started the morning saying I am just going to watch the opening number and then almost three hours later, I was in tears. My husband too. Oh, I will be watching this again and again.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Question for everyone who watched... where the eff did the third eff go? Lol. We saw the two that were edited out but never actually heard the one that was left in. Lol did see where they start saying f____ but they don’t say it so can’t it? Like this is important. Lol

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Didn't have access to it. Hope it appears on regular tv someday.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just signed up for Disney plus for 1 month at 6.95. I’ll cancel at the end of July. Totally worth it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We watched it last night with our 19 year old son. First time he's watched anything with us (other than Harry Potter and Polar Express, our Christmas Eve tradition) in a very long time. All three of us really enjoyed it! We watch almost everything with the CC on. Glad we had it on, cause they rapped so fast, we would have missed a lot of it. So much talent. I think Jonathan Groff as King George really stole the show! What a treat!

Pschrfhd

05-22-2011

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pschrfhd a private message Print Post    
I signed up for Disney+ so I could watch Hamilton. Compared to what it would have cost to see it in any theater, I find it well worth the cost, and they have enough content I may just keep my subscription. As for Hamilton, I knew I would enjoy it, but was not expecting the many times it gave me chills, nor the tears I shed while watching. Just awesome!!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I love you guys!! I would have never thought to turn on CC to watch Hamilton. This will be the first time I'm seeing Hamilton and really looking forward to watching it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Me too, Pschrfhd! I experienced the same! It was great!

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
I didn't need the CC cuz when Mom was going through chemo, I'd "study" the musical, resinging & rapping every song. When I finally was able to keep up with Lafayette "I'm taking the horse by the reins making red coats redder with blood stains", etc., she clapped and asked, "are we done now?" "Nope, gotta learn the Washington riff." She rolled her eyes and said, "let's get to it, then." 😂

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jefferson was one of my favs along with the King.

I also heard the 2 F words that they didnt say but didnt hear them actually say the F word.