TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Hamilton

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Hamilton users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 04, 2020Pamy25 07-04-20  7:52 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I quite enjoyed it.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
How long do we have to take advantage of Disney Plus having Hamilton available? Our street had an outdoor social distancing (very sedate, we are all well over 55) cocktail party this afternoon, and some neighbors came who said they joined Disney Plus for $7 just to see Hamilton, and they were delighted with what they had seen so far. They left the cocktail party excited to get back to watching. They also mentioned they were SO glad it had subtitles (did I mention over-55?) so they could understand the words.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, July 04, 2020 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Juju, I think you can just sign up for a month

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 3:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
They also have the option of prepaying for a year and getting two months free, that’s what we did, $70 for a whole year is the cheapest streaming out there. Definitely getting our money’s worth because it includes Disney/Pixar/Marvel/Star Wars and National Geographic programming. When the year is up I will prob not renew, maybe get Britbox instead as I will have viewed my way through what Disney has to offer.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Me, I don’t think the Disney offerings are worth a year subscription. Just a month for me. I may watch some of the Marvel shows this month. Haven’t seen those, but could do a binge on them when nothing else is on this month. Already watched Hamilton twice, now moving onto Captain America.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
The Mandalorian is worth the price per year for me. I got a deal when I went to the D23 expo plus the Verizon deal, so we got 4 yrs for about 125, I think it averaged to 3.00 a month

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
Confessing the dumbest question I’m sure...gulp...so, if I subscribe to Disney+ on their website, how do I watch it on my TV? I have xfinity in Oregon...so embarrassed to ask this.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
dont be embarrassed! if my hubby didnt set mine up I would be lost too!

Im sure someone will explain better but if you have a smart tv, , you find the Disney + ap and then you put in your user name and password on your tv you use the up and down arrows on the remote for the keypad that shows on tv screen

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, July 06, 2020 - 4:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
The newer smart tv’s come with the Disney App, our older (not even 4 years) smart tvs did not. We bought the cheapest Roku plug. Prob other ways, maybe even cheaper but I figured I would go the least complicated route. As a plus, the Roku plug comes with its own app which has quite a bit of free programming. It was also how I downloaded the NASA app and watched the official launch broadcast recently. Will also bring it with me to use in hotels once we can leave home. Lol

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, July 06, 2020 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
If you don't have a smart TV, you can also get an Amazon Fire Stick, which you just plug into the back of your TV and connect to your WiFi. I have two of those for our "dumb" TVs. Then you just find the Disney+ app and download. It's super easy. If you have Amazon Prime, there are a lot of shows and movies you can watch for free.

We subscribed to Disney+ for The Mandalorian, and my son also was watching a Star Wars Clone Wars series. We rarely watch it now, so I'm thinking of unsubscribing until there's something else we want to see. We're only paying $6.99 a month.

We've really been making use of all our online subscriptions during the quarantine. We have Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+. I also have the PBS and Starz apps, since we get all our TV online thru Hulu Live. We cut the cord at the end of last year and haven't been sorry. Saved us a lot of money, too!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, July 06, 2020 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I do not have cable and am in Oregon. I sign into my computer to watch Disney plus and then, connect the computer to the tv with an HDMI cable. I had to select an HDMI function on the tv and make some changes to screen mode to have it fill the screen. You can check with Best Buy for the hdmi cable. Easier than Roku or the Amazon stick.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, July 09, 2020 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
**whispers** an Acorn subscription through Amazon is only $60 a year - no special deals, even. TONS of awesome BBC shows on it, but since it's relatively unknown, it also shows how competitive the Disney+ price is!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 09, 2020 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
FWIW, with my Xfinity subscription, I can watch Disney+ or Netflix or Hulu on most any tv.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: