TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 13, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through June 13, 2020 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I searched Netflix for the Scotty doc and it's not there anymore:-( You would think it would be since people would want to watch it after seeing Hollywood

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I remembered seeing it somewhere recently. I went and checked and it is available to rent through Amazon (1.99 SD or 2.99 HD). It is also playing on Starz. I love the story you shared about Rock Hudson. :-)

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I finished season 2 of Dead to Me. Thumbs up!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Rieann, ty! I will ck it out!

I have a cool Doris Day story too :-)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I just asked Mr Google and this is what I got:

LINK

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I have Amazon prime :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 16, 2020 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I watched it and it was fascinating. He reminds me of my 2nd Mom. She has a mind sharp as a tack but I cant get her to stop hoarding! We try to go help her clear clutter but she never wants to toss anything. She has some great 'goodies' too.

My heart broke when he talked about his fox hole buddies and his daughter. It also broke when he didnt understand he was abused as a kid.
He has lived a fun filled life. God bless him for always wanting to make people happy even if as a kid no one cared about what was good for him.

I want to go drive out to where he lives and hug him. What a view that house has! I had no idea that Beachwood was named after a real person.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, May 17, 2020 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Pamy, we watched the documentary and I agree, it was pretty sad in parts (especially his treatment as a child and his daughter). My sister was a horder. She died in 2012. When her ex and her two grown sons went to her house, they said it was like that: piles of crap everywhere with little trails through it. It's a sign of mental illness.

Also Scotty Bowers died in October, 2019. What a great house that was! I can't believe he paid so little for it in California!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 17, 2020 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
:-( I didnt know he passed away last year. I just googled and see that his wife died a year before. :-(

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I've been watching Trial By Media and just finished the episode about the gang rape in the bar in MA back in 1983. I am so mad right now, I could scream. How people were saying she asked for it, or what was she wearing, the judge allowing a television camera into the courtroom to film the entire trial?? This episode will stay with me for quite awhile, it was so heartbreaking to watch. There are so many times where I really hate the media and what they do to people.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Ranger2, Jodie Foster made a movie about that back in 1988 called The Accused. I remember thinking the title was appropriate in that you weren't sure if they were referring to the actual perpetrators of the crime or the victim at the time.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, May 24, 2020 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Just watched the movie Carrie Pilby, good movie! Well written. Kept me interested from beginning to end. Highly recommend.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 25, 2020 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We've been watching Mindhunter for the past couple of weeks. Only have a couple more episodes to go. It's fascinating. It's about the early days of behavioral science and profiling in the FBI. Jonathan Goff (from Glee) is one of the agents. There were supposed to be more seasons, but the producers got sidetracked by other projects and decided to release everyone from their contracts after season 2. Hope it comes back again someday.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 25, 2020 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed it also

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, May 25, 2020 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Mizinvanccouver, I really liked Nathan Lane in Carrie Pilby. It was nice to see him do something outside his normal shtick.

Babyjaxmom, we are also Mindhunter fans. Season 1 was better IMO. I hope they do a 3rd.

Granny2b

07-07-2009

Thursday, May 28, 2020 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granny2b a private message Print Post    
Just finished The Last Kingdom. We enjoyed it

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 01, 2020 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We are watching the new comedy series Space Force starring Steve Carell and we LOVE it! It is hilarious! And yes, it's about a US government space program.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We tried Space Force and just couldn't do it. It was silly. Comedies are not our thing.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, June 06, 2020 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We just finished episode 1 of Space Force and were disappointed. Fun idea, sloppy execution, comedy fell flat. Not sure if we will try another episode or not.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, June 07, 2020 - 4:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I adore Steve Carell but really had to force myself to finish the season. It had a glimmer of promise when they assembled those astronauts but they overplayed that hand and it lost the funnies. The premise was good, actors good, even writing not terrible. Maybe it came down to direction?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 07, 2020 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought it was hilarious. Especially the end with clumsy launch day and landing, and when they had to justify themselves to Congress(The AOC lookalike...haha). OH, and the potato situation that they stole from the movie "The Martian".

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We've been watching The Stranger for the past couple of days on Netflix. So good!!! Every time we finish an episode, we say, "Should we watch another one? Yeah!!!" It's very well written, great cast and very suspenseful. Love it!!!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
oh I'll have to check it out!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, June 13, 2020 - 5:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The 3rd season of MARCELLA is starting on Sunday...I think. Good show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 13, 2020 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We started The Woods last night. I think it's by the same guy that wrote The Stranger. It's another murder mystery. It's in Polish, so there are subtitles. So far we like it.