TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 11, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Cancellations and Renewals: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 11, 2020 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 21, 2020 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Prodigal Son got too bizarro for me.

Any news on the Bone Collector? I know, it's a cop show, but I like it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, May 21, 2020 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
nothing yet

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 21, 2020 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kitt!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, May 22, 2020 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Yay for Prodigal Son! I'm sad about Emergence, as well.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, May 22, 2020 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Elite renewed by Netflix.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, May 22, 2020 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
What we do in the Shadows renewed by FX.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 5:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Hurray about Stumptown and The Rookie! I've been hoping for those.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like Stumptown as well. I have a bunch of The Rookie recorded that I haven't got around to watching yet.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 23, 2020 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
First color tv I saw was at my aunt's. She worked for DVD so they had one in the late 50's.

I just remember it would be too green or too red.

Aunt, Uncle and Grandmother were in Indiana, we were in Michigan, so we did not see it much.

We moved to California and still had black & white. Parents got one after I went off to Berkeley, then I got married and we did not get color for years.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, May 24, 2020 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I had a color TV before my parents did. My first hubby and I bought a color TV (portable, not a big console) in the late 70s when we first moved in together. He grew up with color, so he wasn't having B&W (thank goodness). My parents didn't get color till sometime later. I never knew as a kid that the beginning of The Wizard of Oz started out in B&W and went to color when Dorothy landed in Oz. I heard someone who'd seen it in the theater as a kid describe how startling and unexpected (in a good way) that was to see! Color wasn't in wide use yet.

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, May 24, 2020 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
we talking TVs? My parents (my mother) was obsessively against TV. We had a TV in Ireland before we moved to this country in 1961, first in our neighborhood to get one. When we moved to the US in 1961 my mother did not want a TV in the house because she thought we would be corrupted by American culture. They finally relented and bought a black and white in 1962 only because I was on a children's tv show and we HAD to watch that. growing up we were only allowed to watch one tv show a week - one they approved of and cartoons were banned. So a color tv was not in the cards. They finally bought a color tv in 1970.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 25, 2020 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
TV was very central to our family life when I was growing up in the 60s and 70s. We only had one TV, so we would all sit together and watch something (like Little House on the Prairie or The Waltons). Usually we'd make a big bowl of popcorn, cause my dad loved it. We watched almost everything together. Now my teenage son doesn't even watch TV. He'd rather be in his room on his computer, playing video games or watching YouTube videos. Different culture. My hubby and I still watch TV together in the evenings. I record all "my" shows (girl stuff, like The Bachelor and soapy things) and watch them in the afternoons, but at night we watch together until bedtime.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 25, 2020 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Another big difference is that while my parents had only one TV in the house, we have 5: living room, study and all three bedrooms. The one in my mom's old room doesn't get used anymore. We bought it when she moved into assisted living, but she could never figure out how to use the cable, so we brought it home.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, May 25, 2020 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We've explained to our DD's what TV was like in the old days (even pre-VCR). If you didn't see a show when it was on, you didn't see it (or if you were lucky you saw it later in the summer re-runs). So being there to watch a show was a big deal and a shared experience.

Now everything is so fragmented, though my youngest DD still watches shows with us in the evening when she is home (which is pretty amazing of her, now that I think about it). :-)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, May 25, 2020 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
And in the old days, there was an antenna on every rooftop. I'm in a 5 story condo building. Good antenna on the roof. I have TiVo for OTA TV and I stream. Don't have / never have had cable or satellite. Saw the Sopranos on Netflix DVDs.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Cake renewed by FXX.

Better Things and Mr Inbetween renewed by FX.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I saved my money and bought my first color tv (and vcr) for $500 when I was 11 years old..1986!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 28, 2020 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We had one of the first tvs amongst ur friends on the block. My dad also got home later than most, so fairly often my mom hosted a few kids for Howdy Doody, or something mid oriented. She would let us snack on carrots (until I was busted for hiding mine behind books in the bookcase, that exempted us from a vegetable at dinner.

And indeed, one tv, you watched what was on, be it Ed Sullivan or my dad's favorite, Victory at Sea, since he was in the Navy for WWII.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, May 28, 2020 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
We got our first TV pretty early in the '50s. My dad was techie for the time. Got our first color TV in '61. That was early for color. First program we watched on it was Victoria Regina with Julie Harris.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Lincoln Rhyme and Perfect Harmony cancelled by NBC.

Harlots cancelled by Hulu.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Dang it. I liked Lincoln Rhyme.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
damn damn Lincoln was soooo good!!!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Lincoln Rhyme was amazing!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
No more Harlots?

Where will I get my British "Alpha" Madame fix???

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist renewed by NBC!