TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 18, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Amazon Prime Video: Archive through May 18, 2020 users admin

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, May 02, 2020 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Granny2b....The Fall was good!! Enjoy!

We have started watching "Tales from the Loop". It is a bit slow starting; futuristic but still feels like 80's oddness based on people working and living around "The Loop" which I still don't really know what it is but it effects people differently.

There is a new series, sci-fi futuristic one called "Upload" we are going to check out.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, May 02, 2020 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I watched the movie Atonement last night - so a bit behind the curve - but it was SO good! I also binged "The Jewish Enquirer" with Tim Downie in a single day. HILARIOUS! He's on Outlander as Gov. Tryon if you watch that.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, May 02, 2020 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Miz, I watched the premiere of Takes from the Loop” and did find it a bit slow, not bad but slow. Does it get a bit peppier?

We watched the first two episodes of Upload last night. I really enjoyed it. Not sure if it’s a GOOD show but fun. Lol. I just wish they wouldn’t put in gratuitous sex scenes that don’t add to the show just make it awkward to watch with dd. Lol

I am on the last episode of a show called Spirited. It’s Australian. Quirky dramedy about a woman who falls in love with a ghost. Only lasted two seasons which is too bad, I found it quite charming.

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, May 02, 2020 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Watch The Contender. It is about the US team competing for the Bouce D'or. It isnt a coking competition show but is more a documentary about preparing for what is considered the best elite chef competition in the world. It was fascinating.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, May 02, 2020 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Rissa....re: Tales from the Loop. We are on episode 3 and slowly making more sense. It obviously hasn't 'grabbed' us as we were watching other things over it. Maybe if we can't find anything else we will continue.

Thanks for the heads up about the sexy scenes in "Upload", I will be watching with my teen daughter. The show "The Boys" had ridiculous sex scenes which really didn't add to the show in my opinion.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, May 02, 2020 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Yes Miz, I don’t get it. It’s 20 seconds of rated R in an hour long pg-13 show. It’s jarring and nonsensical. I would get it if the whole show was graphic.

I stopped watching The Boys for that reason. There is too much available to watch to have a show I have to watch alone in my room. Lol

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Rissa....my daughter loves watching Super Hero type shows; her fav is Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and The Flash. This is why we stuck it out with The Boys.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, May 07, 2020 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Mizi - has your daughter watched The Umbrella Academy? I'm not sure it's age appropriate, but it is SO good! (and just realized - it's Netflix, so this is not the right thread...but leaving it! LOL)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 08, 2020 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Watching Upload and really enjoying it. It's in the not-too-distant future, when people can opt to "upload" their consciousness into a virtual reality, rather than just die. It's pretty funny. Very interesting concept to think about.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, May 08, 2020 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was waiting to see if anyone would comment on Upload. I haven't watched it (yet) but it seems like an interesting concept. Good to hear!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 08, 2020 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just watched episode 1. Hated the obnoxious girlfriend.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 09, 2020 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah, the girlfriend is obnoxious, but he's gotta keep her happy, cause she's paying the bills. I see some sparks between him and his "Angel."

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Monday, May 11, 2020 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    
Alias was just added to Amazon Prime yesterday! All 5 seasons.
I've been looking to re-watch this series forever and it is finally here.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hmmmm. That's one I never got into. May give it a try. I only have 4 episodes left of Brothers and Sisters.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Bob, ALias was one of my favs!! cant wait to rewatch!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, Alias was great. It was created by JJ Abrams and that's the first show I ever noticed Bradley Cooper in, years before he became a famous movie star!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Re ALIAS.... I’ve never seen it but hubby never missed an episode and is THRILLED he can binge it from the start. LOL

Anyone getting into Upload and have an opinion? I feel like they are missing an opportunity to explore the definition of life, the afterlife, religion, sentience etc But, it’s light, different and an easy watch. Am enjoying it but not nominating for any awards. Lol

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, May 18, 2020 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
What?!!! ALIAS?!!!! YeS!!!!! I have been searching for the past 2 years where I can watch it! I want to introduce it to my daughter, I think she will enjoy it and recognize some actors from her current shows. Thanks for the heads up!!! Perfect timing as we are running low on things to watch and on top of that, heading into 're-run' summer tv.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, May 18, 2020 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Alias is not on my Prime here in Canada.

I wonder why?!!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, May 18, 2020 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised Pamy hasn't showed up to comment.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 18, 2020 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I looked at Alias on Amazon Prime. They're charging $9.99 for Season 1. I resent having to pay for a show when I already pay for a Prime membership. I'll wait till I can get it on Netflix or Hulu.

Finished Upload yesterday. I loved it! Can't wait till the next season comes out. They finished on kind of a cliffhanger.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, May 18, 2020 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched much of Prime and I'm surprised to hear that they charge extra for certain shows. I thought that it was just like Netflix.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, May 18, 2020 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
The advantage of primne and paying for channels like HBO and Showtime is that you dont have to pay out a contracat like many cable companies require. So for example, if you watched Homeland you could sign up for showtime and then cancel when the series is over. Acorn a british channel, I signed up for that to watch the latest season of Line of Duty and then cancelled when I finished watching the series.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, May 18, 2020 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I was surfing through Amazon Prime and saw they are showing "The Goldfinch". I had read the book years ago and was interested in seeing the movie and it was free with our Prime account. It was a long movie but worth my time since I'm not going anywhere these days. I did enjoy the movie version but I'm always spoiled by how much richer a storyline is in a book.

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Monday, May 18, 2020 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    
Maybe it's only in included in Prime in the US and not Canada?
I find Amazon the most confusing interface because not every show that you can watch though Amazon is free for Prime. It is not always clearly identified.
You do need to be logged in to your Amazon Prime account to access it for free. If you just browse to it, you will find it and have to pay for it.