TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 07, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Daytime Dramas (Soap Operas): Young and the Restless: Archive through May 07, 2020 users admin

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, April 10, 2020 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Yes Heckagirl, Jill was pregnant with Billy. I didn't watch every day back then so I hadn't seen the storyline where Nikki lost Jack's baby. Was it really Victor's fault?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Only the first couple of minutes taped today. Don't know what happened.

Pschrfhd

05-22-2011

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pschrfhd a private message Print Post    
Heckagirl,

Today was another Classic episode, from 02 October 1991. Big masquerade party hosted by Kaye as the Red Queen accompanied by Rex Sterling as the Mad Hatter. John Abbott was George Washington; his date was Leanna Love as Cupid. Other notable appearances were Lauren w/ Paul, Sheila w/ Scott, and Cricket w/ Danny. Also appearing were Nina, Esther (doing a musical number), Gina Romalotti, and someone in the same costume as Danny who shot him at the end of the episode, saying "One down, two more to go." Very mysterious, and I suspect the shooter was Michael who was a very bad guy back then and really wanted Cricket. Made me hope they'll show a follow-up episode either Monday or next Friday, cause I'm not sure how Danny survived, but I know he must have.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
I sorta wish they would show a lot more of the old shows for the next month or so.
It's nice to see the old crowd not with us anymore, and to see the same ones as their younger selves.
I found this site that explained what happened today.
https://www.soapsindepth.com/posts/the-young-the-restless/david-kimble

Pschrfhd

05-22-2011

Saturday, April 18, 2020 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pschrfhd a private message Print Post    
Wow! Killed by a garbage compactor... who says there are never any new plot twists on soap operas? LOL I had forgotten all about David Kimball, but that whole story line was while I was working full time without a way to record the show.

I agree... I'd love to see more classic episodes. They should understand that loyal viewers can deal with characters played by different actors over the years. Like young Victoria yesterday who's now Katy on B&B.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, April 20, 2020 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I just read that this show and B&B will run out of new episodes this week. Thursday will be the last new ones. They plan on showing old shows in a theme week. I think the first one is Paul and Cricket's honeymoon, which I could do without, but they are going back to, I think, around 1990 for the older shows.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Monday, April 20, 2020 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I wish they would show the first seasons.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I knew it had to be Adam or Hope that Victor was covering up for. Victoria can just go away. How fun to gleefully run to your brother because you know as a child he killed someone. I am kind of glad reruns are happening soon because the story is just boring me.

Fan3

07-07-2005

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fan3 a private message Print Post    
A 11 year old killed a man.... and victor had to cover it up... yea right...Why can’t they let Adam be a little bit of a good guy?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 23, 2020 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I agree, Fan3. They act as if he isn't really just like his father who has done some shady stuff forever.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Christine's high heels were killing me! Who wears those with a bathing suit?

I liked seeing some of the oldies. I had forgotten all about Miguel.

Fan3

07-07-2005

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fan3 a private message Print Post    
Next week will be all old shows featuring kathrine. I didn’t like her in the old old days...

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
My dvr didn't record the show today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I always crack up when I see her on the old Perry Mason shows.... of course it was before her role on Y&R but I always say... Oh my it's Katherine Chancelor, LOL.
'

Pschrfhd

05-22-2011

Saturday, April 25, 2020 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pschrfhd a private message Print Post    
Today's episode didn't show up on CBS All Access either. Disappointing, cause I got to see it, but wanted to show my BF today. Phyllis was so delicious back then!!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Sis told me to re-set the dvr to record all Y & R shows, not just new ones. I should be able to see next week's shows now.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Its Katherine and "Marge the lookalike" today from March 1990

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, May 04, 2020 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Wow, did not know anybody on today's show except Victor and Nikki. And such strange background music.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, May 04, 2020 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I vaguely remember some of them. I could not remember their storylines to save my soul. I know the one getting engaged was a Brooks girl. I forgot that Dennis Cole was on the show.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 06, 2020 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Watching the old show today, here are a few of my observations:

I could care less about Victor and Nikki's love story.

Nikki was a horrible stripper/dancer.

Lauren really has a nasal voice. I think it was worse in the earlier shows.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 06, 2020 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahahaha

Pschrfhd

05-22-2011

Thursday, May 07, 2020 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pschrfhd a private message Print Post    
Mamie -

Agree

Agree

Agree

On the other hand, I really enjoyed seeing the original Jack again. He always seemed like a natural for the part. And any chance we have to see Brock and young Paul will always make my heart go pitter-pat!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 07, 2020 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
(Popping in to say I did a phone interview with 'Brock' around that time. A few days later he called me up, clearly stoned or drunk, in the middle of the night and he played his guitar and serenaded me. Lol.

As for 'Paul' emseveral years later I did an in person lunchheon interview with him when he was in town for some promotional event. I have a photo somewhere of us. He was a Sweetie pie.)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 07, 2020 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Typo. Emseveral = several

Pschrfhd

05-22-2011

Thursday, May 07, 2020 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pschrfhd a private message Print Post    
Mame - I consider you a lucky, lucky girl!!