TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 30, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through April 30, 2020 users admin

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, April 23, 2020 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
So glad we think alike, Sugar! 👍👍👍 Love KE as much as I love Ozark, but I still love Julia Garner’s Ruth a teensy bit more than I love Comer’s Villanelle - they are extremely close in their loveability!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 12:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Yes, they are both great characters.
Ozark is chockablock full of delicious female characters:
Wendy
Darlene
Ruth
Helen
I was rather hoping for a scene with all 4 of them going at each other.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed Unorthadox . I also watched The Making of Unorthadox . The few interviews I have seen with Deborah Feldman have been quite interesting, I must get a copy of the book.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I too highly recommend UNORTHODOX. I learned a lot about an alternative lifestyle.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Uncle Ricky and Sugar, I finished season 3 and agree the actor that plays Ben deserves an Emmy!

I was shocked at the ending but overall this season wasn't as good as the 1st 2. I just feel there is no one to root for except Ruth and her kin.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I thought season 3 was a bit off, a little slow and probably not enough Darlene.
I did love the therapist Sue, another fun character.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
OMG Sue was a riot!!! That actress played that role sooo well, she actually reminded me of a female Leslie Jordan!!! I would love a sitcome of Leslie and Sue! haha

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
THAT’S who that actress reminded me of, Pamy! I’m sure she and Mr. Jordan were separated at birth. When she drove up in that monstrously expensive car, I laughed my head off. (But NOT as much as when a certain sometime took an unexpected visit to the bottom of the lake). I am STILL laughing my head off over that scene, by far the funniest of the entire season.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree!!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I also agree.
Count me as an eager viewer of the Marylouise & Leslie show! Perhaps bickering siblings forced to take care of an aging Southern Belle mama?
Marylouise also played Adele. Dr. Goodwin's assistant on New Amsterdam .
I have watched part of Leslie Jordan, My Trip Down the Pink Carpet on Amazon. It is very funny and a bit raunchy.

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Saturday, April 25, 2020 - 3:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
Season 2 of Afterlife dropped today. Terrific show if you haven't seen it!!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, April 25, 2020 - 5:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying the heck out of the Spanish 'MONEY HEIST'.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Saturday, April 25, 2020 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Me too, Ophiliasgrandma. For some reason, I thought it only had four episodes, but I am about to begin episode 5.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, April 25, 2020 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I needed to come here and post that I binge watched OZARK and just finished.....can I say O.M.G. I never saw that coming at the end of Season 3!!!

Rvon

12-11-2003

Saturday, April 25, 2020 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Egbok, I felt the same way. I never saw the ending of Season 3 ending the way it did. My jaw dropped when that happened.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Loved the ferret gambit.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Season 5 of Money Heist os due to be on Netflix in April of 2021.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Uncle_ricky, I just started watching Waco on Netflix and I am becoming even more impressed with Julia Garner. Her performance so far has been quietly powerful.

I really like seeing actors play/bring to life different characters vs playing each and every role the get in the same manner. IMO far too many actors do that.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks, OG! I am starting part 3.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Katycat, I have Afterlife on my watchlist. I really enjoyed the first season.

I am so behind on shows (and reading). I've been down with migraines and, in moments of relief, I am finding it hard to concentrate. Ugh.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Oh, I also checked out a bit of Orthodox and found it interesting. It's on my ever growing list too.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Sugar, thanks so much for the tip! I am adding "Waco" to my TBW list this instant - Julia Garner can no wrong - ever!

TBW = to be watched

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
“...Julia Garner can DO no wrong...”

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
It seems wrong to say that I enjoyed Waco.

I appreciated that the characters were well developed and showed depth, it wasn't just superficial.
Although I recall when it all happened, I just remember thinking why? Why do people follow such craziness and hitch their wagons to the likes of David Koresh?!? I also remember there was controversy regarding what happened.
As to whether or not this particular show was accurate, I do not know, but it was interesting and I enjoyed the grit of the performances. It was based on books from a couple of people involved in that experience.
I would have liked more Julia Garner.

Uncle_ricky, perhaps we should start a Julia Garner fan club?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, April 30, 2020 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im in for the fan club!