TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 06, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 06, 2020 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kate was so big that for the first time, I thought they added padding!

It was distracting.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I've seen Kate on awards shows and other TV shows. She is that big. They are not padding her. It must be so discouraging for her to want to lose the weight and not be able to do it. I'm sure she gets a lot of nastiness on social media (not here, of course).

I didn't think it was possible to hate Randall more than we already did. That was a really hateful thing for him to say their dad died ashamed of Kevin. Where did that come from?

Remember there was an episode where Randall was older and meeting one of his daughters, and we seemed to get the idea that he and Beth were no longer together? This could have been the turning point for them.

I don't want Kevin to marry Madison. She's too flaky and needy. I've never liked her, but always found her annoying. Who was the girl in the art gallery? She seemed to be the sister of the woman having Jack's baby (don't know if they're married), but she said she was dating a movie star. I was thinking it was Kevin.

BTW they sure did a great job making Kevin look older, but still HOT AF! It looked like they widened his jaw a bit (plus the beard). Great job with the makeup.

I hope Miguel is not dead!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, after reading that article, I see now that the art gallery girl (Adelaide Kane from Reign--didn't recognize her except to feel I'd seen her before) is actually Jack's adopted sister, not his wife/girlfriend's sister. I missed that.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think Jack and is it Lucy(?) are married. Hailey is Jack's sister and her co-worker asked if she was dating a movie star she never said it. Co-worker has a crush on Hailey.

I agree Kevin and Madison seem unlikely to have a long term relationship.

They have not done anything with the Tess not wanting to see her, whoever her turns out to be.

I think Nicky and Cassidy being married is quite the stretch. I did not care for the Cassidy storyline, a waste of time. The same for the Deja and Malik story, took a lot of time then fizzled. Hope they are done milking that cow also.

Everyone's favorite Randall turned out to be a manipulative control freak, selfish jerk & jackass. Kate is still uber selfish and annoying but surprisingly

a smidge less so the last couple of episodes. Kevin has grown from selfish and shallow to more mature and caring. Jack needs to stay dead.

I did think when they were going to change baby Jack's clothes that he was going to be wearing a "Best Big Brother" shirt and Kate would have another ill advised drama filled pregnancy.

Poor Miguel, he puts up with a lot from this lot.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I dont think Tess "doesnt want to see" Bekka because Randall looked way older than he did last night when she said that.

Agree about the Deja and Malik storyline, the whole Deja and Randall being a politician was such a draining storyline.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Going to rewatch and savour this ep again. Lots of confusion but you guys sorted that out for me. I am on Team Kevin and Cassidy, but if she ends up with Uncle Nicky that's okay with me. I like the actress and am happy to see her back on the show regardless. Having read everyone's comments here, my 2nd viewing should make more sense. Also I was VERY relieved to see it looked like the brothers had buried the hatchet at their dying mother's bedside. I think I saw Kev pat Randall's back briefly when he entered the room.

Starr

07-09-2005

Friday, March 27, 2020 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I was going to ask "who was the dude with the horse??" (I thought I nodded off for a second and missed the explanation) LOL Of course now it makes sense that he's the OB's son.

This board is awesome, it's like a group puzzle - people have different info and it all comes together to make sense.

I hated the scene with Kevin and Randall near the end, where they were doing what siblings do best - try to hurt each other with their words. At the very least, I loved the fact that Kevin seemed to regret saying the worst moment was when they brought Randall home. He closed his eyes and thought for a beat. It seemed to be regret to me. I just so wish that Randall would have done the same and showed regret for his hurtful words.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 27, 2020 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jack WAS disappointed in Kevin at the time he died, but that was over something at that time, not his entire being. I remember that he left a heated message for Kevin.

But Randall apparently held on to that for all these years..

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, March 27, 2020 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I just watched that episode (my DD and I are re-watching while we have lunch). He did leave a note but he was kind about it. He loved Kevin very much.

I find Jack annoying because he was so stubborn and resistant to anyone helping him but he did seem to love all his kids equally (well Kate was special but she was his only daughter). He had issues but he was a wonderful Dad.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 28, 2020 - 1:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree. Imperfect, as most of us are, but certainly an involved dad.

Nice to think of you and your daughter watching together.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, April 03, 2020 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Going to put some quote here for myself from another thread, to remind myself when I come here looking. I have just NOW started Watching This is Us with season 4.

quote:

Juju, you must start This is Us from the beginning. You need it for context. I am sure that you will love it!

quote:

you can get the first three episodes free on ABC

This one was Maris. Maybe she means first three seasons? (I don't have Netflix)

Cathie

08-16-2000

Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 1:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
Juju, I think you can watch all of the seasons on the NBC app, or at NBC.com.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 4:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
You definitely need to start from the beginning!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
You can watch all seasons on NBC.com.

Yes, you MUST start with S1, E1. IIRC you will find out why it matters during the first 1 or 2 episodes.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Have not yet read replies to my last night's post, but need to put there here now from another thread.

quote:

Juju2bigdog, do not finish season 4 of This Is Us. Start from S1, E1 now. It matters.

Ack!!! Thanks a million, Color. I will do that right now, and also cross-post to the This Is Us thread (mods, feel free to delete here) in TV Shows heading. Tonight the first lightbulb came on (probably from discussions here) when they showed "Previously On's," and I had never seen ANY of the previous scenes. It has been puzzling me for a while.

I think I watched Season 4, Episode 11 tonight, aired mid-January 2020? (break-in at Randall's house)

I shall return later.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Juju2bigdog what we are telling you is crucial. Start with Season 1 Episode 1. You will not regret it.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, everbody. It looked to me like I could go to Season 1 on NBC.com for free if I linked my NBC account to my television provider, which is Comcast, and which I have already done. so I will do that tomorrow.

Thanks all.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Enjoy!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It’s a great show. I started watching this late as well (the second season had just started when I was watching the first season). I had a lot of fun going back to the archives of this thread and reading everyone’s comments from when it first aired. You might enjoy doing that too after you watch it. :-)

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I started Season 1, Episode 1 tonight! Whoa! I already know the characters! And Bang!! Right away it already answered several of the questions I have been asking myself. How did one of the triplets turn out to be so different? So were the three kids actually triplets? Why did they show a father for Randall in one of the Previouslys if Jack was his father, and Randall had always lived with the Pearson family? How did Kate and Toby get together? OMG, and Randall's father is now going to stay with the Pearsons???

Damn! Thanks for making me go to Season 1, Colordeagua and others. This is great.

And, yes, I can watch all four seasons free at NBC.com, by getting an NBC account and then linking to my television provider. Easy-peasy, although I seem to have to link every night, or it tries to make me use a credit they gave me when I signed up. So every time I watch, I click Link to Provider, and then it tells me I am already linked and I then hit Start Watching.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There were triplets, but one of the boys died at birth. Randall was left at a fire station the same night and Jack and Rebecca adopted him.

He always lived with the Pearsons.

Later for Randall's father.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
You saw Kate and Toby meet, right?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm maybe you have met William, Randall's bio dad, who did live with adult Randall and Beth and girls in early episodes.

The show goes forward, backward and in between so much..

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, April 06, 2020 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Don't give explanations now about the future. Let Juju2bigdog watch as we did and find out for herself. Work on the puzzle herself.

I can say the last or second to last episode of season 1 is one of the best ever tearjerkers you will ever see. Have a box of Kleenex with you.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, April 06, 2020 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
After reading Juju's post, I forgot how far we have come.