TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 26, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 26, 2020 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Who is the guy with the daughter who is training the horse?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think he is Jack and Jack’s wife’s obstetrician, but he and his daughter obviously have a bigger role to play in the story somehow?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I'm starting to wonder if the Kevin / Randall thing is a way to explore the nature versus nurture aspect of individuals. Two people growing up in the same household. One person is a blood relative... another adopted. Which of the two becomes more like the beloved parent? Or, maybe I'm reading too much into this...

Anyway, another thought was that when Randall said that Jack was (or would be) ashamed of Kevin, I was thinking that Kevin was actually very much like Jack. Jack was an alcoholic trying to do the right thing. That is exactly what Kevin is, but Kevin was able to move on from the alcoholism (1 Year!), whereas, Jack was not because he died.

Randall may have learned how Jack tries to take care of everyone he loves, but didn't learn when to let people live their own lives because Jack did not live long enough to teach him that lesson.

The guy who plays Kevin is such a good actor. Randall was all rage at the end. But, the quietness in which Kevin delivered the line of wishing Randall had never been brought home struck me to the core. Anyway, I'm rambling...

I read an interview with the creator/writer of This is Us. He said that Kevin's ex-wife and the girl with Griffin Dunne in the RV will still play into the storyline next year. I'll see if I can't find that this morning.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
https://www.tvguide.com/news/this-is-us-boss-season-5-finale-dan-fogelman-interview/

Here is the article.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Jimmer. I did see him put on a white coat.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I loved this season finale. So many questions. We know Madison is the mother of Kevin's twins, but we don't necessarily know if she is his wife in the future. (I still want Kevin to end up with Sophie.)
Based on the age of Kevin's twins, and Randall's girls the future scenes look to be about 10 years in the future. Hopefully that means Rebecca got some quality years of life after the St. Louis trial treatments. She appears to have outlived Miguel. I noticed when Uncle Nicky got up to hug Kevin he had a wedding ring on. Was he Rebecca's 3rd husband after Miguel? Or maybe he ended up married to Cassidy, the war veteran. In spite of their age difference they did have a lot in common.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wasn't sure if the guy with the horse was the obstetrician or the obstetrician's son (also an obstetrician). As the end he checked in on a patient and told her not to give up on the father of her baby so soon, and then it cut to Madison telling Kevin (which presumably she wasn't going to do before). Was the girl the obstetrician gave that advice to Madison? I'm no good with faces, but she didn't not look like her. And if it was her, then it fits with the storyline of generations passing on the same wisdom.

I'll have to think about that, Kooklie. The more we see of Jack the more we see how flawed he was in contrast to the "perfect dad" idea the children seemed to have of him. There was definitely more he could have learned and could have taught his children, if he'd had the time.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I'm in the camp of Uncle Nicky marrying Cassidy. I also think that Kevin learns to love Madison and marries her. But, that is only my opinion.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Kitt, if you recall, I think it was Kevin who saw more of Jack's flaws than Randall. Kevin was the one who knew that he was drinking. He's also the one who found Uncle Nicky and learned more about his dad from him. Randall and Kate did not seem to enthused about Uncle Nicky initially, yet Kevin has really bonded with him where Uncle Nicky is more like a second father to him. You don't ever see Kate or Randall communicating with Uncle Nicky separately from family gatherings.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, I think Kevin sees others' pain more than Randall or Kate, and wants to fix it more for them. Both Kate and Randall see others' pain, do try to fix it, but seem to respond because they need to be the fixer as much as they want the other person to be fixed.

Has there actually been any reference to Kate in the meetings where Rebecca is (presumably) dying? Is it possible Kate has already died?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I will read above, but, having just finished watching, I really hated what Randall said to Kevin .. Sees he has hated Kevin for many years. Negated times when Kevin dropped everything to rush to Randall when Randall was losing it,or how he was close to Randall's daughters and his bio dad. Or how he brought Nicky back into the famiy..

Anyway, that conversation was a gut punch.

But the birth of Hope, the adoption of a sister for Jack, and twins for Kevin and Madison.

The dad and daughter with the horse... Was he not the doctor who suggested to Madison that she give Kevin a chance to know about the twins? Before he donned his white coat, there was a picture of the daughter and horse..

And loved seeing the doctor again. Blue Skies...

And good to see Miguel!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kooklie!!!

What an excellent article!

More Miguel coming, I missed that Nicky is married in the future.

2 more seasons!

In the video Chrissy teases that her favorite moment is still to be seen.

Good comments.

I vote for Cassidy with Nicky.

I hope for Kevin with Madison.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Very good article.

I think that Madison being the Mom is a brilliant idea. Madison has been around since the beginning and I've always found her character very enjoyable, if imperfect. I'd love to see it work out for them. That said, I can see something happening to Madison, causing Kevin to return to his great first love, Sophie.

Great confrontational scene between, Kevin and Randall. Very good performances.

I love seeing the future scenes. Interesting that they showed Sophie looking at Kevin's ad and the affection that is still there. Also that Cassidy made a brief reappearance (I like Jennifer Morrison). I still suspect that future Kate is missing because they don't know how to portray her (with respect to her weight).

Great finale to a very good season after that bummer of a second to last episode.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize that this was the season finale!

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
During last year's season finale they were all gathering to see Rebecca and Toby mentioned Kate was on her way. I think she just hasn't arrived yet.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The new obstetrician's patient was Madison:

https://tvline.com/2020/03/25/this-is-us-dr-mason-season-5-josh-hamilton/

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks Snoops.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I wonder if the new OB was the son of Gerald McRaney. Didn't he talk a bit about his kids in this episode? I may be mistaken, but I vaguely remember a son and daughter.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh right!!! Darn it! Yes the new obstetrician was Madison's doctor.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird, that was my thought that the new obstetrician was the son of Gerald McRaney.

The people I came away liking this season were Kevin and Nicky.

Randall just gets on my last nerve. Kate seems to be getting over herself and I liked her better in the season finale than I did at any other point this season.

I am optimistic about next season that we will get some sense of Miguel, his relationship with each kid separately and also his relationship with Rebecca and how he has lived with the ghost of the father.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
To date, most of Miguel and Rebecca's relationship has been in the context of the "big 3". The writer of the show has indicated that we will see more of how Miguel and Rebecca got together next season.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'd enjoy seeing that. I think Miguel is an underutilized character.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Sugar, he does age perfectly!

Randall continues to go downhill. So pissed how they have made him soooo cruel and self righteous!! What a piece of shit to say their dad was ashamed of Kev. I worried he was going to go get a drink, thank God he didnt

I wanted Jack to name the baby Rebecca not Hope.

I still hope Kev marries Sophie but has a good relationship with Madison. I wonder if her saying she didnt think she could get pregnant is foreshadowing and she dies in childbirth or shortly after.

I also think nicky marries Cassidy.

I swear Kate gets bigger each week. She is bigger than Violet on Willy Wonka and shaped the same. I really hope its a spare tire around her and we see weight loss of it next year. Honestly, she is so big I find myself distracted watching her.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 4:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I have the same problem with Kate, too Pamy.
I think Madison was referring to her eating disorder effecting her ability to have children...lack of ovulating and disruptive cycles are a common result.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Annie, oh that's right, I forgot that Kate met her in OA