TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 25, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 25, 2020 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, March 19, 2020 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
During the episode -- Finale Finale Finale. What?? I thought there was supposed to be a couple more seasons? Finally at the end they said SEASON Finale. So one more episode and the season is over.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, March 20, 2020 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Randall was horrible in this episode.

Rebecca was a good mother to him.

I am sure Randall forgets all the things he asked of her in the past.

Randall is just not a nice person any more.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 20, 2020 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Total blackmail, Randall. Take away Rebecca's right to decide, to be with her famiy, to be infused, scanned, tapped and tested... Which would have been fine if she wanted to go for it, but not because you guilt tripped her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 20, 2020 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I posted without reading.. I see this episode got to us..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 20, 2020 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
By human, I meant that they are flawed.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, March 22, 2020 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I have been thinking about Randall.

I think he cannot stand the thought of his mother passing away.

He wants her alive at any cost.

No matter how she is doing, he wants her around.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, March 22, 2020 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This was probably the least enjoyable episode of the entire series for me.

I loved Randall in the first season but at this point I'm very tired of his entire story. He's exhausting and his story is exhausting. Plus they've totally sidelined Miguel and he is Rebecca's husband. Enough!

That whole what if scenarios from the therapy visit were pointless. I'm also getting very tired of Jack at this point (any version of him).

The first half of this season was so good and now the show is very close to no longer being enjoyable to watch.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, March 22, 2020 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think those are valid points Jimmer.

I have long said Jack needs to stay dead. I wish I could find the article I read that Jack had rather ruined all their lives, it was thought provoking and quite possibly true, IMO. At least as true as it could be for fictional characters in a fictional story.

I just checked my dictionary and there was a picture of Randall under the definition of Exhausting and another under Tedious.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, March 22, 2020 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Randall has overly convinced himself that he "took care" of Rebecca as much as he seems to think he did?

All of them were reeling from Jack's sudden death. Rebecca, however, has always been a strong person. Her strength is "quieter" than Jack's was so perhaps not as noticable. I don't recall her needing Randall as he seems to think she did.

Randall makes everything about him, so he probably self decided/appointed himself as caretaker in charge. If he isn't careful, Randall will make Kate look like Mother Theresa.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 22, 2020 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think Jack and Rebecca told him he was the strong one and he took it to heart.

These actors are good..

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, March 23, 2020 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I, too, did not enjoy that episode at all.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, March 23, 2020 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I wonder that, because Randall is adopted, he feels that he carved out his 'caretaker' role within the family to have a role in the family... otherwise, he may feel that he is lesser than the blood relation part of the family.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 23, 2020 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's an interesting idea. He needs to feel important so that they need him and won't abandon him.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, March 23, 2020 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, something like that. He already mentioned, rather vehemently, that he'd lost 2 fathers and 1 mother and was going to do everything to protect his mom because of that.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 23, 2020 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
but that is so unrealistic. We WILL lose both our parents at some point (unless you die first) Does he expect her to live to 200?! ugh I dislike this more and more

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I know this is important because (unfortunately) many people have experienced this sort of tragedy, but I’m not enjoying the Rebecca story arc and especially Randall’s part in it. On the other hand, Kevin seems to be turning into quite the stellar person.

Are they going to drag this out throughout the remaining seasons? I sure hope not!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OK suspect they might, but we also get to see Tess and sisters, and Jack become adults.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think there is only 1 more season after this one. It was planned to have a beginning, middle and end by the creators

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
And is that the doctor that delivered Kevin and Kate in the commercial?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Yes, that is.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Thanks Texannie. I have to admit, I had to see it a couple of times before I figured it out. LOL.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes! I recognized his voice first.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Well, that was something.
Now let me preface this by saying that Ms. Sugar does not condone violence, but Randall deserves a punch in the snoot.
Of course we later see Kevin and Randall say very hateful and hurtful things to each other.

So many called it correctly, Madison is the mama. Not at all surprised by twins.

Kevin ages like the finest wine and I want a sip.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Actually, I want the whole dang bottle

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Randall is so full of himself. Even Beth knew he had gone too far. Her ducking out when the two of them started talking.
Seeing the daughter of Toby and Kate. Kevin’s twins... and his wedding ring. Still have not seen future Kate. No Miguel, but Jack’s brother sitting by Rebecca’s bed.
Kevin should not have said what he did, but Randall telling him that his dad was ashamed of him, was just wrong.