TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 19, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 19, 2020 users admin

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, March 12, 2020 - 4:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
LOL, that works!! And me too.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 12, 2020 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
(((Annie)))

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 12, 2020 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He is pretty self centered himself.

He blames himself for not stopping Jack. Kevin may blame himself for not being home, but Kate actually sent him after the dog. Guilt x 3.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 12, 2020 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't think Kevin is self-centered. He was when he was younger, but he's paying for his mom's care. He took her to the awards show and let her walk the red carpet with him. He bought her a dress and put her up at the Plaza. I think he's doing everything he can to show her how much he loves her.

Randall is just being super manipulative and controlling. He needs to relax and let Rebecca make some decisions for herself. Rebecca has a husband. Randall isn't responsible for his mother any more. It's a little much.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 12, 2020 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Randall seeks out crisis and inserts himself to be the hero. really dont like how they have written his character

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, March 12, 2020 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they're suggesting the home invasion changed Randall from being able to temper his anxieties and the controlling activities he exhibits because of them to being completely consumed by them.

The trouble for us as viewers is it turns Randall from a likable and sympathetic character to someone annoying to watch.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 12, 2020 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Randall was like that from a very young age and broke down early in the show when he had the high power job and Kevin went to him.

Long before the home invasion, but that certainly didn't help.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, March 12, 2020 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
ITA with both Babyjaxmom & Pamy.

Randall has always been controlling, we are just seeing more of it now. Randall is a bit of a jerk. On the plus side, he isn't Kate.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 12, 2020 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Sugar, well at least he has that haha

this was the only ep ever where she didnt irritate me!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, March 12, 2020 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
You are right again Pamy, Kate was not irritating this week.
One of the younger Kate's was mildly annoying but I will let that slide.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 12, 2020 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oh I forgot about her. Are they digitally making her fatter or did the actress gain weight? I thought it looked digital

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 12, 2020 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
and I really thought her bf is coming over while Mom and sons are out of town

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 13, 2020 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That's what I thought, too, Pamy. That's what I used to do!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, March 13, 2020 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL me too! hahah

My friend said what an ass Randall was for not jumping in and saying the name of the hotel for his mom. he wanted her to fail at something that night to give him an excuse to push his agenda that nite. man, he pisses me off even more

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 14, 2020 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That happens to me all the time these days! The name of a person or a thing just escapes me for a minute. I don't think they should have made such a big deal of it. And yes, Pamy, I totally agree that Randall should have helped her out with the name of the hotel rather than let her struggle and be embarrassed like that. The writers are sure making him unlikeable lately.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, March 14, 2020 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Agreed about Randall and the hotel. That was just mean. He’s no longer a likable character.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 14, 2020 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I really think writers are making Kate and Randall... Human.. And that can be unlikable.

But it was like he felt that only he was taking the situation seriously. However, while clinical trials give hope, honestly there is also a limited time for all of them to make memories with and of their mother, and make her happy. Kevin is doing that.

This just was not the time....

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, March 15, 2020 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Perhaps I was a little harsh. I'd missed the ending where he imagined convincing his Dad to NOT go back into the house.

I agree that Randall cares and feels deeply about things. However, he is terrible at listening to anyone else's opinion and always thinks he is smarter and more knowledgeable about everything. Randall just wouldn't let Kevin do things his way for even one day. If he had just waited until the next day to talk to Rebecca and Kevin about it, then they might even have agreed to try it. However, it is a long time away for someone who may not have much time left.

I did feel Randall's sadness, reliving his Dad's death and feeling that he could have changed that if he had tried. Life is complicated and decisions aren't easy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 15, 2020 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
True.

Alzheimer's trials are not a cakewalk. Most of them require spinal taps, which is a no go for many people.

Rebecca already had an MRI. In real life, probably a PET scan, as well.

In real life, there are trial locations in California, that could allow her to stay home with Miguel's support.

The trial I entered gave a choice about spinal tap. I said no. Had I been diagnosed, then I might have felt I had to accept that.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 16, 2020 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We started my mom on meds for her dementia that was supposed to slow it down, but she couldn't keep it down. It upset her stomach. We decided it was not worth the loss of quality of life, and let it take its course. Sometimes you just have to enjoy what time you have. None of us is promised a tomorrow, so enjoy life while you have it. I understand that's what Rebecca wants to do. Spend what time she has with her family, enjoy her grandson. I think she made the right decision for her. Randall needs to respect that and accept it.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, March 16, 2020 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Randall has trouble with anyone not seeing things the same way he sees them. Randall is a "my way or the highway" kinda fellow. I am a bit disappointed that Beth caters/caves to him so often. She seems to be a strong person but lets Randall make all these rooster-doodle-do disrupting decisions.
Whatever happened to the building he bought and Kevin was helping him rehab?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I kind of hated that episode. Just because you were a good son, Randall, doesn't give you permission to make your mother do what she doesn't want to do. Why is it all about Randall? Why can't he let Rebecca enjoy her time with Manuel, Kevin, Kate, Toby and the baby? She's gonna go to Saint Louis and be all alone. Is he gonna go with her? I'm still not liking Randall. That was emotional blackmail.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I disagree that the writers are making Randall and Kate human. They have always been written as humans. Kate as self centered and selfish and Randall as tightly wound, controlling and selfish. I think we are just seeing more of how controlling Randall truly is in all aspects of his family's business.

Once again just a little bit of Kate is refreshing.

Definitely emotional blackmail. Rebecca could have refused to pay the blackmail. Rebecca should have talked to Miguel.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
BJM, ITA!! that was the cruelest thing I have seen on this show. Dislike him more every week

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 19, 2020 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I didn't really care for that episode either. From the previews, it looks like he and Kevin have it out about the decision.