TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 23, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Outlander: Outlander - A Starz Original Series: Archive through February 23, 2020 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, December 31, 2018 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It’s hard to remember that the “modern” Claire, Brianna and Roger weren’t that modern by today’s standards but were from the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Plus Brianna and Roger weren't fighting about getting married. She was angry with him cause he knew about the clipping which said Claire and Jamie died in a fire, and he didn't tell her cause he was afraid she'd try to go back and warn them (which she did). A series of terrible misunderstandings.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It was sooooo immediately obvious to me how this 'misunderstanding' was going to play out, (and I haven't read the books!). But not having read the books, I'm worried that poor well-intentioned Roger is toast. :-( Hopefully I'm wrong, cuz I love a happy ending.

Also, the casting is bothering me with regards to the Captain of the ship and William Bonney (the rapist) cuz they look too much alike for me. So I get them confused. (Happens occasionally because I sometimes have visual comprehension issues.) And they are both bad guys which doesn't help.

PS. Jimmer I love spoilers, so I'd be thrilled if we had a spoiler thread for those of us who haven't read the books.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche, there is nothing wrong with your eyes. Captain Bonnet and the pirate are one and the same. He is an evil, evil man.

There is a book thread, if you want some spoilers also. I'll go post a couple for you, cause I've read all the wonderful books.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks BJM. But yikes, Help me out here please cuz now I am more confused.
Guy 1. Criminal that Jamie helps escape, who robs them, is the cretin who raped Bri.
Guy 2. The Ship's Captain who is a bit of a jerk but did not tape Bri.
They are 2 different people, right? It's just that to me they look similar.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
No, they are the same man. He's a pirate. Roger signed on to work on his ship so he could get to America. He's the one who raped Briana. He's very, very bad and keeps popping up. He's this season's Capt. Jack Randall (the evil, evil guy who raped Jamie and is Frank Randall's ancestor).

Starr

07-09-2005

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I was confused as well, didn't realize they were the same bad man.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I only know cause I read the books. Stephen Bonnet is:

A) The criminal who Jamie saved from hanging;

B) The Captain of the ship Roger comes to America on;

and C) The scoundrel who raped Bree and deserves to die.

Stupid, stupid Lizzie. I wanted to kill her when I was reading the books. I don't know how Brianna can even look at her!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, January 13, 2019 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
What a mislead. Making us think Roger was in modern times.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I know! I was confused at first, cause that didn't happen in the books. I would think they'd often dream about luxuries from modern times.

And can I just say how much I love Lord John! {swoon}

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanx BJM! :-)

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
loved it, sad that this season is almost over!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah, me too, Neecie.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m looking forward to seeing this when we catch up. I watch it with my DD but she is away at University a lot so we just watch it when we can.

I’m not sure if everyone would agree but I think the series (and books) get more and more interesting as they progress. It sounds like this season is very good!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I hate that they do such a short season! Seems like they just came back and suddenly, it's over! Ugh!!!

When does the next book come out??? She's as bad as George R.R. Martin for taking her time with the next book.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
She currently seems to be writing one every four or five years so if she maintains that pace the next one should be out this year.

When Will Book 9 Be Finished?

I don’t have a current estimate on when BEES will be completed. When I get close to finishing the book and a publication date is set, I will promptly post it here.

For more information on my writing process, see “Want to Watch Me Write?” which is part of my Writer’s Corner.

Thanks!

-Diana

http://www.dianagabaldon.com/books/outlander-series/book-nine-outlander-series/

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, January 20, 2019 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
So what was the last line that Roger said? Good show as usual. Hate that next week is the last one for a long while.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 21, 2019 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
He said something like, "So back to the idiot hut then." Poor Roger.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, January 27, 2019 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Wow! What a finale! I was holding back tears so much, my throat is sore. So glad they brought Roger back versus where they were talking about leaving the cliffhanger.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, January 27, 2019 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I gotta' be honest. I loved the first half - Jamie and Ian's goodbye was heartbreaking.

I do NOT like Show Roger. At. All. After all that Jamie has suffered and lost, that little whiny arse had NO business hitting him.

And I HATED the birth of Jem. That is one of the key bonding points in the book that helps repair the relationship between Jamie and Bree. I guess since she said (to Murtagh - NOT JAMIE!) that she forgave him and then he passed her the bread, we're supposed to assume it's all good, but there was not a single ounce of joy over that precious grandchild. I AM LIVID!

And I'm sorry for being a party pooper. If they'd just left Roger with the Mohawk, it would've been fine! LOL I'll go read the books and remember the real story.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, February 15, 2020 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I watched the first episode of Season 5 last night on Demand. They said it was a Valentine's present to the fans. It will be on at it's regular time on Sunday.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, February 17, 2020 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I am re-watching the series, on Season 4 episode 12 before I watch the new season. Hope it is good!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
All caught up! loved it, don't like that Steve Bonnett made it out of that blast alive!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, that Stephen Bonnet is a bad guy!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, February 23, 2020 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I don't see how he did, actually. Hate it, and hate him.

Wouldn't Claire be afraid of being accused of being a witch again?