TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 11, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 11, 2020 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, February 20, 2020 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Chrissy / Kate and weight loss. Link

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, February 20, 2020 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link. So it looks like it was part of the plan but the plan is flexible.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 20, 2020 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Kevin can be such an ass to Randall and then at the same time do something so sweet and thoughtful for him (the puzzle piece)

That's a brother for you. (I have two.)

When the Big Three turned on the tape player and Jack's voice came out, I burst into tears. What I wouldn't give to have a tape with my dad's voice on it! A few years back, my mom gave me a couple of old letters my long-deceased older sister had written to me when I was a teenager. I read them with tears rolling down my face. Then I gave them to her son, who was only 4 1/2 when she died and had hardly any memories of his mother. I wish I'd thought to make copies of those letters before I gave them to him.

And I agree, Kooklie, Old Kevin is HOT!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 20, 2020 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I think you are right. They cant show her because they dont know what she will weigh in the future.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 20, 2020 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
BJM, me too!! I kept a voice mail that my mom left for years but it was on a cassette...it may still be in a box in the garage

I wrote my son a letter every year from his 1st bday to his 18th..we read them together when he was 21. Hope to read them again with him when he is older, and really hope to read them to his future kids one day :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 21, 2020 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, Pamy! That's sweet! I wish I'd thought of that. I also wish I'd kept a journal when I was pregnant. Always think of these things too late!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, February 21, 2020 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
you can still write them letters. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, tonight we saw future Kate app. three years into the future (near end of episode). She's still as heavy as current Kate.

I think you're right about showing little if any of future Kate.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 - 12:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And future little Jack..

Music was the gift!!

One of the guys in our group has lacked central vision since childhood. He is a really great guitar player.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 - 12:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good episode. Sure wanted to smack Randall.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
And the whole Kate and Toby argument seemed really off to me in prior episodes. But, when Kate's friend said that Toby should be able to discuss his fears with her, it all made sense. It's all about Kate with Kate.

Touching scenes with Kevin and his mom. I really teared up at the end when he bought the card. It appears from the previews that he will step up to help, beyond his normal 'have fun, disregard everything else' attitude from the past. And from the previews, it also seems like Randall is not going to accept that Kevin can do that.

At this point, I really look forward to the Kevin scenes. When she was singing "Our House" with the various flashbacks. The expression on his face, well, I was in tears. He is really changing.... (and looks so darn good doing it)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
my disdain for Kate continues. I wanted to smack her when Toby made that music room and she poo poo-d the idea. Glad she came around at the end but she is so unappreciative.

I hate the Randall storylines now. I want more fun Beth Randall stories!!

Love Kevin!! I think the previews give us big hint why he and Randall arent speaking in future

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think when Toby first tried to show Kate the music room, she thought it was for her and didn't give him the chance to tell her it was for Jack also. She is all about Kate most of the time, but that's the way her parents raised her.

I loved hearing "Our House." My hubby was in the other room and he said, "Crosby Stills Nash & Young!" I had that album when I was a teenager. Still remember every word of that song. Oh, we had great music in the 70s!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I had that album, and Joni Mitchell's of course..

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, March 01, 2020 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
At the start of This Is Us I thought Kevin would be a dull, nothing but a stereotype character and he was but I must say Kevin has become my favorite in these latter episodes. I did not enjoy the Cassidy storyline, rather a waste of time IMO but found Kevin trying to connect with his uncle interesting.

Bored to tears with anxiety prone, "I am the only person who knows best and don't care if it causes upheavel to all those in my orbit" Randall. At least they have tapered off the Deja storyline. Was really tired of Randall thinking he only had 1 kid not 3.

Kate could save a thousand nuns, orphans and puppies from a burning bus and I would still suspect she only did it because it was in her selfish interest.

Poor Miguel, he is the Rodney Dangerfield of that group. From what we've seen, he has never been anything but kind and thoughtful to them all.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 01, 2020 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sugar, ITA and you made me LOL about Kate. I would feel the same! I give credit to Chrissy, it must be so hard portraying that character. She does an amazing job because I really just roll my eyes almost every time she talks

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 01, 2020 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Miguel needs Madison in the family.. They are similarly outsiders.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 - 1:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Randall, Randall, Randall!

And, where is Miguel?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I was wondering about Miguel too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They do often leave him out ๐Ÿ˜ 

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Itโ€™s too bad. I like Miguel and Iโ€™d love to see him get some respect and appreciation.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
they have made me hate Randall. :-(

I also wondered where Miguel was.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I donโ€™t hate Randall. Just kind of want to hug him and shake him at the same time. For whatever reason....due to Jack and Rebecca or his own doing...he has been cast in the roll of caretaker. I do think Kevin and Kate are horribly self centered.

I wonder if he would have been a lot more relaxed if Jack lived. Guess we will find out next week.

Right or wrong, I wonder all the time what my family would be like if my mom hadnโ€™t died. Even my daughter talks about. It.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
well I shouldnt have said hate but Im not happy with him right now.