TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 24, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: New Amsterdam: Archive through May 24, 2019 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have two weekly holders.. One for things I take in the morning and the other for what I take at bedtime.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
When you take these things every day it can become a blur and you can get into real mind games with yourself. Did I take them today? I'm pretty sure I took them? And so on ...

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My mom has dementia. She's in memory care now, but when she lived with us, I would put her pills in a little cup to take at breakfast and dinner. She would argue with me that she already took her pills, and I would say, "Look. They're still right here in the little cup." When you do something at the same time every day (like brushing your teeth), it becomes so automatic that it's hard to remember if you did it or not. That's why I use a weekly pill box with "AM" and "PM" slots. I would never be able to remember otherwise!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Same here.. I don't want to double up on some things and don't want to skip some.

Luckily I don't have any that must be taken with food.

When I took biotin, I only took it in the morning, so as not to interact with lipitor, which take at bedtime per my doctor.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ditto, since it has the days on it I know if I took them.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I take so much medication that I had to write an app to track and remember. There are days that I would swear that I took my 10:00 a.m. doses and then sure enough I would look at my med box and see that I hadn't. The days run together. I have a chart that I print out each week to show what needs to happen when, it happens by time of day. It is 10 pages. Better living through chemistry or who knows if it really helps my quality of life. Doctors can see if you're refilling or not so I get scolded sometimes when I decide that the benefits do not outweigh the risks of a new medication that docs can't prove will actually help me. I'm a guinea pig. I just want to enjoy my days. I went on vacation a few weeks ago and did not take any medications while I swam in the ocean and slept on the beach and meditated, just basically breathed instead of stressing. Yesterday my labs were improved. Maybe I don't need them, I should just let my life take its course. I have Charcot Marie Tooth also and there isn't a cure, just meds to help symptoms. Julianna was a sweet girl with a horrible case.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She certainly was! Love is a SuperPower. 💜

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I also take a lot of medication, sadly..
Every night I put them out and count them, There have been times I forgot' but mostly I have the routine down.

I am very old school, I am fighting change so much', I still have a flip phone,
My son in law bought me a very nice Apple 'I phone', almost 11 months ago, but still I have not connected...I love it for the camera' and it does well with WiFi'....but the thing is, I do not want to be connected all the time... I like in the evening to sit at my desktop to catch up' but having something buzzing 'constantly' messes me up....
I do fear the day that I cant remember when I took my last pill, because lately my memory does get foggy...Getting old is really not the luxury that I thought it would be when I was a youngster...

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Also, I love this show, I also love all the 'Wolf' shows....Thursday night is my night...

I dont have cable' so I get what I get, and I am happy with that....

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
What a rollercoaster with crazy loose ends... We don't know who dies, who lives.

https://www.tvfanatic.com/2019/05/new-amsterdam-season-1-episode-22-review-luna/

https://nypost.com/2019/05/14/new-amsterdam-season-finale-leaves-lives-hanging-in-the-balance/

https://www.tvinsider.com/777791/new-amsterdam-season-1-finale-ambulance-crash-max-helen-bloom-death/

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Who died and who lived? Maybe only Lauren dies??

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 3:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I was reading comments online and several people pointed out that Lauren was wearing white shoes, and Helen was wearing black shoes, and the shoes sticking out under the body bag were black.
Understandably fans were freaking out about the unthinkable possibility that Helen is toast. I personally don't believe they'd write her out as she's the 2nd most important character on the show. But we'll have to wait until September for a definitive answer.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I thought it was Bloom who died since she had been near the cab of the ambulance and was probably ejected. I think Sharpe is alive. I think Helen survived because she was on the gurney and probably was securely fastened into the ambulance. Glad to see Max was able to shield the baby. That being said, Helen's body may have taken more trauma in the accident which may either impede her recovery or cause her death but I hope she lives.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think it will be one of the ambulance drivers under the sheet.

What the hell, producers and writers? How could you leave us like that?

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
What about Georgia? Would it be way too easy for a Max and Helen connection if Georgia dies?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
His wife was on the gurney, holding the baby. They showed a turkey overturning. The baby had dirt or grit on it later when Max was holding her.

Bloom was taken away on a gurney. Someone, Helen? was covered with a sheet.

One of the reviews interpreted a sign to Max as indicating his wife was ok, but that seems like a stretch.

https://tvline.com/2019/05/14/new-amsterdam-recap-season-1-finale-episode-22-helen-sharpe-dead-alive/

Per the writers they have not good the actors which main character died..

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Right Sea. But while the cast doesn't know, the producers did say a main character is killed off.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes. And I re-watched and the black shoes on the person covered by the white sheet certainly look like Helen's 😵.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
They say a main character is killed off but that does not mean the one under the sheet is it.

I think they really could get rid of his wife and it would not make a difference.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
too much action, I had to rewind so many times, because I missed so much. And I was not even trying to figure out who got killed.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 16, 2019 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I had the same thought Mamie. I find the wife extraneous to the story whereas Helen is pivotal. Besides, she wants a baby, and he has one, her boyfriend dumped her, so she's available now. It's all very convenient.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I can't read earlier posts because I am only now watching the show... but can anyone help me with a question?

End of Episode 9, Max collapsed on the dock. Episode 10, he's in hospital and the outlook is very bleak, and then his wife kisses him and it leaves a mark, and the cancer doc says she might have just saved his life.

Can anyone remember why?

With our NBC On Demand you can't rewind or fast forward, and it seems to miss a few seconds when it comes back from the adverts. So it came back with Freema saying to Max's wife, "but now we know why" we can fix it (or something), without us hearing the why part.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, May 24, 2019 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kitt I googled WIKI NEW AMSTERDAM EPISODE because although I'd seen it when it first aired I wanted to be accurate for you. Sooo, after he collapsed she phoned and spoke to Helen Sharpe who talked her through it as she gave her husband a tracheotomy with a pen right then and there.

I remember thinking she was awfully lucky to have cellphone service in the middle of nowhere!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, May 24, 2019 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks Mame, but I didn't mean that bit (although she did save his life there, and surprisingly they didn't really mention it on the show!). Later on, Max is still unresponsive and everything looks bad, but then his wife kisses him on the cheek, and where she kisses him it leaves a mark.

That's when the doctor gets excited and says she might have saved his life.

I wondered if it was an allergy to something or perhaps it was a bruise, and it showed he was lacking some clotting factor or something.

Or maybe I misunderstood the whole exchange.

I did try wikipedia but they don't explain it, or at least not where I dare to look, not wanting to see any spoilers.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 24, 2019 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I remember when I had to get verizon 15 years ago to get service pretty much most places in the country. At the beach, I had to stand in the middle of the street to get calls at the beach because of all the metal in the trailers around me, ha. On the east coast, with the right service, you can't hide from service, it is everywhere. Out in western states, I can see it being a problem.