TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 20, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 20, 2020 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that US article has a before and after pic where she looks way skinnier than she did on the oscars.
It almost looks like they put her head on Melissa McCarthy's body

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Those are well known scam ads. They are photoshopped and the celebrities used never endorsed them. Just like all the "seen on Shark Tank" ads that were never on.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep. Dr Oz says that any time you see something about him endorsing a product, that is a scam.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My virus software wouldn't even let me look at that picture, cause it recognized it as fake. It blocked me!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
it looked to me like Chrissy was wearing "fat suit" body padding in the last couple of episodes....just under her clothes, not face prosthetics or anything. I wondered if they were padding her so, coupled with her RL weight loss, it would make for a more dramatic "reveal" on the show at some later date...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Would she have worn that at the Oscars? That was live and just a week ago.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think she was wearing a fat suit..

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
What I was seeing on a recent episode looked like her entire abdomen was one piece like a barrel. I immediately thought padding, but maybe it was something like spanx. Whatever, it seemed that Chrissy had lost her jiggle. I'm overweight and my jiggle won't stop for nuthin'! :-)

Maybe you're right Karuuna, I didn't watch the Oscars.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, you can see her Oscar performance in the link posted above.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I just looked at pictures of her at the Oscars.

To me, she did look noticeably bigger on recent "This is Us" episodes than I remembered her looking on previous episodes (before the winter break).

I figure we'll find out soon enough...unless it gets canceled!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The character Kate wears less form fitting clothing than does Chrissy Metz.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So very good tonight.....teary eyed

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 12:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I liked tonight's episode also. Might be the 1st time Kate hasn't annoyed the bejesus out of me from start to finish.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That was so cool about Kevin’s future house. I confess I didn’t pick up on it when I first saw the sketch but my DD got it right away.

I loved Toby with Jack. That was sweet.

So now the mystery is why are Kevin and Kate not speaking with Randall? They got past the secrecy about Rebecca’s illness so that’s not the reason.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Sugar, I thought the same thing!! but her friend sure did! I wanted to slap her for those voicemails! I think she got pregnant from that one roll in the hay and has Kev's baby but (hopefully) he will still end up with Sophie

I still dont think we have seen the last of Mark

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Except Kevin says his “fiancée” is expecting. So he is planning to stay with whoever is pregnant (Sophie or Madison or ?).

I have a question (not about Kevin) but it may be a spoiler.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Did I dream it or did they show a preview where Mark had died? I’m putting this in a spoiler box in case it’s not “official”.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I forgot he said fiancee...I really hope it's Sophie, it better not be Madison grrrrrrrrrr

I didnt see what is in your spoiler but I have thought that would happen

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think there must be more to the Kate and Mark storyline. While he was kicked out of the cabin, it does not seem like enough based on the various comments in prior episodes.

So, Kevin had the vision (and money) to build Jack's dream house above their cabin. When they initially showed the house last year, I thought it was Kevin's house in LA. But, as soon as I saw the drawing, I knew it was by their cabin. I like that they kept the old house there too. (maybe through CGI, but that's okay) Everything always ties together.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Have we ever seen an aged Kate in the future?

I noticed the young kid Pearsons are really starting to look older due to the actors aging in real life. It must be so hard to try and film future scenes with them while they still look like they do

Kevin can be such an ass to Randall and then at the same time do something so sweet and thoughtful for him (the puzzle piece)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
We've never seen Kate as older. We've only seen Toby, lying in a bed appearing to be depressed. The rest of the Pearson's were trying to get him to come say goodbye to Rebecca.

I read somewhere that they filmed a number of the younger actors 'stories' way out of sequence from how the episodes are shown, just because of the aging thing.

Oh and.... aged Kevin, is really nice looking.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I couldn't find the article I read, but this one alludes to the timing of the shooting schedule.

https://www.bustle.com/p/the-young-kevins-on-this-is-us-have-already-filmed-a-scene-for-the-series-finale-that-had-one-actor-shocked-10083732

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I feel bad saying this but they may not want to show future Kate because the plan was/is for her to lose weight and it hasn't happened yet?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
If Toby continues to let the baby play with the Star Wars dolls, he may have another trip to the Emergency Room.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was thinking the same, Dogdoc!! Why would they have that on display at ground level with a baby, let alone let him grab at them!

Jimmer, I don't think the writers would dare write that way, it would be too dangerous a risk, who knows if she could do it. Plus she would have to lose an awful lot for it to be very noticeable, and that's months and years of hard work. They couldn't rely on that.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, February 20, 2020 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I read that losing weight was part of her contract. Maybe that was falsely reported.