TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 05, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: PBS Shows - General: Archive through November 05, 2019 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Scout

01-19-2005

Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jasper!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 05, 2019 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They aired last year's Christmas special too.

And I read that the season won't and until call this year.

I was so happy that they included the singer's from the church of the newer midwife again. That was very sweet and I had hoped they would include them again.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Saturday, March 23, 2019 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
Everyone get excited:

Call the Midwife is back on PBS on March 31st

Season 8 Episode 1

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 23, 2019 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And they are airing Season 7 episodes that day.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, March 24, 2019 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yay!!! Love that show!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 01, 2019 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow! What a powerful message. I love this show. So glad it's back (Call the Midwife).

Vickie

07-16-2004

Thursday, June 06, 2019 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Oh boy looks like a good summer!

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/clips/summer-of-mystery-2019-preview/

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, June 13, 2019 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I'm currently watching a documentary series... Do No Harm: The Opioid Epidemic.

Very good... but so sad.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 13, 2019 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think this is the final season of Poldark. Such a great show!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, July 11, 2019 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
If you have and opportunity to see the PBS American Masters documentary on the first moon mission, I would highly recommend it. The documentary starts with the Mercury missions up to the Apollo 11 mission that landed man on the moon. It is quite detailed and fascinating. Shows the political will behind making it happen. It also has interviews with Khrushchev's son, who gives the Russian side of the 'race'. I lived through that time and didn't know most of it. The ending is really good (not the landing on the moon ending), but the impact of the aftermath of the space program on the world. I will watch again when they show it. So good.

Happygal

11-15-2004

Sunday, July 14, 2019 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happygal a private message Print Post    
I, too, have enjoyed the "moon mission" series on PBS. After watching the ending with all the information about the wives and families and the impact of the aftermath, I got a book from the library called The Astronaut Wives Club by Lily Koppel. So far, it is a very interesting read.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, July 14, 2019 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I still find it difficult to believe -- until not that many years ago I thought we had only landed on and walked on the moon ONCE, July 20, 1969. I totally missed all the others???? I still find it hard to believe both that we have been there more than once and that I didn't know about the others until comparatively not that long ago. For a while I was on-line friends with a guy who worked at the space museum in Alamogordo, NM. I learned . . . .

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, July 15, 2019 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Colordeagua, after the first couple of moon landings, it became "passe" with American audiences, so they stopped televising so much of the space excursions. Another great movie is "Apollo 13," with Tom Hanks, Gary Sinise, Kevin Bacon and many others. Great movie!

Happygal, there was a summer TV series a couple of years ago on "The Astronaut Wives Club." It was a real thing. I also read the book. Both the book and the TV show were very entertaining, as well as educational.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Tonight on PBS is a documentary by Ken Burns about Country and Western Music. I saw him being interviewed on CBS this morning and it looks really good. I think there's 4 episodes. I love the old Country and Western. The new stuff, not so much.

Here's an article on it.

Ken Burns shows there’d be no ‘Country Music’ without these humble icons

quote:

Country music is three chords and the truth, said Harlan Howard, one of the genre’s songwriters interviewed in Ken Burns’ new documentary. Four episodes, spanning the 1920s to the mid-1960s, air this week (the remainder will be broadcast the week of Sept. 22), reminding viewers of the legacy of such as trailblazers such as Jimmie Rodgers, the Carter Family and Bill Monroe. Burns also traces the development of icons such as Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson and, of course, Elvis Presley. Burns and his team also chronicle the evolution of the fiddle, banjo and guitar, and musical forms such as rockabilly. Kris Kristofferson, Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris and Rosanne Cash (Johnny’s daughter with his first wife, Vivian) discuss the legends they grew up listening to and how they shaped their own music. For Cash, country music is “telling the truth, one note at a time.”

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Grooch, there are 8 episodes.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Eight episodes on four nights / two episodes per night.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 16, 2019 - 12:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
8 episodes plus concert at the Ryman that aired last weekend ..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, September 21, 2019 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I started watching "Jamestown," but just couldn't get into it. Too soapy for me. That one wife who's always trying to control things was just too much for me. She probably would have been burned as a witch in that time for not knowing her place.

Since then I discovered Grantchester! What a fun show! Is it produced by the same production company that made Downton Abbey? I see some of the same actors and the music (especially the closing credits) sounds a lot like DA. Totally enjoying this show! Rev. Chambers is a tasty snack!

Marej

09-19-2002

Thursday, September 26, 2019 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
Country Music was excellent!!! Gave me goosebumps a couple of times.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, September 29, 2019 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I saw the latest season of Grantchester but the new vicar is not as good as the first one. Still very enjoyable series.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, October 13, 2019 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Press on Masterpiece. Very good. About broadsheet and tabloid papers in London. Second episode was tonight.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, November 03, 2019 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Press is currently *the best show on TV*. Next Sunday is the last of six episodes. Link

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, November 04, 2019 - 12:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
On Amazon, I've been watching a PBS show from Britain called Home Fires. It's from a few years back and there were only two short seasons. The story follows a group of women in a small rural town as they and their families deal with the early stages of WWII and how it affects each of them differently. It's very good and I highly recommend it.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Kappa I watched it a few years ago, I also enjoyed it. At one time it was on Amazon.