TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 07, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: Archive through October 07, 2019 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I only remember her saying that when she looked at Lydia, she saw Henry.

Then Daryl asked her what she saw when she looked at him, she said "I see you."

Not sure why she doesn't blame him, or why she would blame Ezekiel. Daryl was the one who brought Lydia in.

Was there something I missed?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Carol said something like "he only blames you because he can't blame me" when talking to Daryl.

I thought she meant that Ezekiel blamed Daryl for coming between himself and Carol because he didn't want to blame Carol for being the problem in their relationship (by growing distant/not being able to handle it/whatever). I didn't think it was anything to do with Henry.

And yes, the other potential Talking Dead guests were at some convention somewhere, so couldn't make the show.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Ah, I do remember that.

But I thought that was about the death of Henry, not about the distance between them.

Too much that wasn't well explained in that episode for my taste.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Was there something I missed?"

In this episode, didn't Carol at one point say "I feel like I'm losing myself again" to someone?

When I heard that, my first thought was that she was going to leave her people in a solitary quest to "find herself" again.

When she's alone, I think she feels like she has a lot less to lose but when she's with people she drops her emotional guard and they die and she grieves and she blames herself.

Anyhow, when she said she was leaving I wasn't surprised...in fact, I was expecting it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, what Sanfran said. It seemed like she was saying she needed to get away, and then having to find a new home made her act on her feelings.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
the something I missed question had to do with blaming Ezekiel, not about getting away, or her inability to deal with the situation.

I get that she can't deal. That's my problem. Why would she "lose herself"? Hell, she murdered a little girl, that's the time to say you've lost yourself.

When she said she was losing herself before, it was because she had lost her humanity. That she had become a killing machine.

So, it seems weird to use the same language. To me.

At any rate, I'm tired of the bizarre personality shifts in her and other characters. People don't constantly change that dramatically. It's just the lack of consistency and the lack of explanations for these shifts that bother me.

Texas4ever

02-12-2009

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texas4ever a private message Print Post    
I think she was more emotionally attached to Henry then to the flower girl.
It's like she fell into a comfort zone with a family, and nice place to live so she lost her "toughness".

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
plus flower girl was mentally deranged and was going to kill more people

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Flower girl wasn't the only "friendly" she killed, as I recall.

And remember her absolutely horrid treatment of tht boy when she first moved to Alexandria? Threatening him?

She has so many personalities, her character is meaningless.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They've confirmed there will be a third Walking Dead show on AMC:

https://tvline.com/2019/04/08/walking-dead-third-series-spinoff-female-characters-amc/

It will air some time in 2020.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, July 25, 2019 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Bummer! Probably won’t be watching after this season....

Another major player leaving

SPOILER ALERT
https://m.imdb.com/list/ls048189834/videoplayer/vi2070068249?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=9ca6e971-0f93-4fd9-a2d7-ec3d74e1ec85&pf_rd_r=H4T5VZG9K0YP6RD8Y9C2&pf_rd_s=center-20&pf_rd_t=15021&pf_rd_i=tt10166620&ref_=m_tt_cc_vd_lc2_hd

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, July 25, 2019 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think she will be in the movies

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, September 16, 2019 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've been going through season eight (the one before last, pre-Whisperers) episodes, trying to get my timeline straight (which I will put in the timeline thread tonight or tomorrow). I just got to the end, where there's the big fight with the Saviors, the Saviors lose, Rick spares Negan and they lock him up instead.

The show should have finished there! It really wrapped everything up in that they had hope for a new world, even though we didn't get to see it. Instead with season nine (and looks to be the same with season 10) we have even more evil people. They could have just left it by giving us hope.

Bleurgh. I am not looking forward to rewatching season nine, and that's such a shame, for what was such a good show. Not that S9 was bad, just that it was so horrific.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, September 16, 2019 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree. I really appreciate your timelines!!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
My timeline for the first five episodes of season 9 is now in the timeline thread as well. That's the section with the bridge, ending when Rick sets off the explosion.

In watching those episodes I think I know for sure what the meanings of the A and B that the helicopter people and Jadis used to classify the people she gave them. I know we were discussing it at the time, and weren't sure.

"A" means recently bitten, about to turn or just turned. "B" means living and unbitten.

Why I'm suddenly sure are two parts. In one, Jadis and Gabriel have been living happily together, but when the Saviors start going missing Rick and co. suspect Jadis, and Gabriel covers for her. So she runs back to Heaps, radios the helicopter people for pick up, and asks Gabriel to come with her. He says he can't, he has to tell Rick (that he lied to protect her). At that she replies, "and all this time I thought you were a B." The next scene with the two of them is when she has that walker poised over the tied up Gabriel, getting ready to bite him. That says to me that as Jadis was fond of him, she thought he would willingly go with her as a living B subject, but as he wouldn't, he would have to be a recently bitten A subject instead.

The second section is right at the end where Jadis sees washed up Rick on the bank, after he's blown the bridge and was swept downstream. She's told the helicopter she was going to be in the pick up zone with an A, but as she eventually let Gabriel go she doesn't have anyone. She then sees Rick on the bank and that he's moving, and radios to the helicopter, telling them that she has a B, not an A, "he's hurt but he's strong, can you help him?" and she's "trying to save a friend, a friend who saved [her]." Then when they're on the helicopter she tells Rick she's going to save him. She clearly thinks Rick is alive (not bitten) on the bank as she wants the helicopter people to save him, so a B must be a living person.

Not that that storyline matters anymore, unless it comes into play in the Rick movies (which apparently haven't even started filming yet).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
awesome, cant wait to read the update! ty so much!!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I thought A and B just referred to Alpha and Beta. Rick is definitely an Alpha....and Gabriel not taking the risk to go with Jada could be seen by her as him being demoted (in her mind) from Alpha to Beta.

And when she had naked Rick in her train-car-jail in the junkyard, it had a big "A" painted on the door, even though they all knew he had never been bitten.

To tell you the truth I had totally forgotten about the A/B thing!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It might take a while to read, Pamy! I've had trouble cutting parts out, it all seems important, so there are lots of words.

I thought that for a while too, Sanfran, but I don't think so now. I think the A on the container thing was because that's where they keep their As or As-to-be, and they were going to make Rick an "A" (have their pet walker bite him). There seemed to be some delay between giving the bite and the helicopter coming for pick up, so they would have to put the subject somewhere both before and after he was actually an "A."

I'd forgotten a lot. But both Season 8 and this first half of Season 9 were better than I remember them being on second (well, actually third) watch. Which I guess is a good thing.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I posted the timeline for the rest of Season 9, which should get anyone who is interested up to speed for the Season 10 Premiere which is Sunday October 6th.

Second half of S9 is not pleasant, and I didn't enjoy it, and frankly am not really looking forward to S10 if it's more of the same.

There was no real B story, everything seemed to be about Henry and Lydia (the Whisperer girl they saved) and of course the horrific Whisperer stuff. Yes it brought Daryl to the forefront again which is good, but the rest just had little insignificant storylines if at all. I mean they killed off Tara and she probably had 30 mins screentime total all season.

Key points for S10, for anyone who needs a micro-catch up.

. Tara, Enid, Henry were killed by the Whisperers.

. Lydia the Whisperer has been granted asylum by Alexandria, and Daryl seems to be her guardian.

. The Whisperers have told our guys they won't interfere if they keep out of their land. Our guys had to cross through their land during an emergency in the winter, but it seemed like the Whisperers didn't notice.

. Kingdom couldn't cope during the winter, and the Kingdom people had to be taken in by Hilltop.

. Hilltop has no leader, after the death of Tara and Jesus.

. Carol and Ezekiel couldn't get it together after the loss of Henry, and when they had to move to Hilltop Carol took it as the end of the family, and decided to go live in Alexandria.

. Negan saved Judith during the blizzard, is currently injured, but Michonne might be inclined to release him now.

. At the very end of the season, a woman's voice said "hello" over the radio.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They've renewed it for Season 11. It's Season 10 that premieres tomorrow.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Horrible! Very disappointed, I had to fast forward so much of this show! This is not the same show I once loved at all

Someone ruined it! Ugh

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't think it was bad, but it's only the day after and I can't remember what happened, so that's not good.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Ack... forgot to set it to record!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought it was good but my expectations for this show are very low these days

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This is quite a good summary, Kar, if you can't find a rerun:
https://tvline.com/2019/10/06/the-walking-dead-recap-season-10-episode-1-lines-we-cross/

Basically a satellite falls to Earth, landing near Oceanside but on the Whisperers' side of the line, but they have to put it out to stop it spreading.

Then for some reason - presumably that she's mad at Alpha - when Daryl and Carol cross the line to check whether the walker herd the Whisperers prepared was still there (it wasn't), when Carol sees Alpha she doesn't hide, so Alpha sees her too and is mad.

Cute stuff was Rosita's baby Coco is now about 3 months old, Eugene plots her every development. Daryl and Connie seem to be good friends and Daryl is learning to sign (related: Kelly's hearing is deteriorating). And Carol and Daryl went off on a bike ride together, and joked about going on a road trip.