TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 11, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through February 11, 2020 users admin

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, January 20, 2020 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I just finished the reality show The Circle last night, binged the last 5 episodes. I totally enjoyed it!! The contestants and the host were witty and funny. It was quite refreshing actually. As someone else mentioned, it was reminiscent of early BB. Definitely a fun, light hearted watch.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
every time I turn on the circle, I fall asleep, no idea why except I only watch netflix in bed. But some shows keep me up all night binging

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, January 23, 2020 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom....how far in are you with the Circle? It was the last 5 episodes where I watched them one after the other as I wanted to know who won. LOL

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 23, 2020 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We just finished Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez. It was fascinating and sad. Hubby is a big football fan, so he remembers when this all unfolded in the news. This young man had the whole world at his fingertips, but chose violence and street life over football. After he died they discovered that he had advanced CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy) caused by multiple concussions. It was really interesting. I felt bad for his fiancee and their little girl.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, January 24, 2020 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping to see the day when football is forbidden in high schools. It's criminal to let youngsters risk brain damage.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
BJM, I agree about the Aaron documentary.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
My room mates son who was a star quarterback for Ol Miss committed suicide and he’d never show signs of real clinical depression. They found that he too had head injury encephathy.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
my heart goes out to his family. It is so heartbreaking

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 2:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, that is horrible. How old was he when he died? I'm assuming he had to be pretty young.

I was listening to the radio the other day and the NFL had released the amount of concussions this past season and they went up from last year.

Here's an article on the rates.

NFL: Reported concussions up 4.6 percent in 2019

quote:

Jan. 24 (UPI) -- The number of reported and diagnosed concussions sustained by NFL players in 2019 was up 4.6 percent compared with 2018, according to data released by the league.

NFL players were diagnosed with 224 concussions in 2019, 10 more than reported in 2018. The league released the data Thursday.

I'm so glad my nephew chose to play lacrosse instead of football in high school.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The 3rd season of THE SINNER with Bill Pullman starts February 2nd. I think the first two seasons were great.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Whoever recommended The Circle, thank you! My hubby and I are hooked!

OG, The Sinner (great show!) is on USA network, not Netflix. This is the Netflix thread.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
He was in his early 30s he wasn’t currently playing ball. His name was Jevan Snead. It’s sad. Boxing and football are the biggest culprits

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Wow. Way to young. I googled his name. It was only 4 months ago.

This is a very nice article written about him. I hope you don't mind me posting it here.

FAMILY OF FORMER OLE MISS QUARTERBACK JEVAN SNEAD IS ‘ON A MISSION’ – BY BILLY WATKINS

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Baby, I'm watching it on Netflix.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
No, not at all. There needs to be awareness to this. I was debating on telling his mother about the Netflix show but I’m thinking, no. I guess I’ll watch it first.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
If you like Project Runway, you might want to try Next in Fashion hosted by Tan France. No drama, reasonable challenges and likeable contestants.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Roteach, I'm watching it now. There is some real talent. I like so many of them and their designs that I haven't been able to pick a favorite.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Sunnyday, it was refreshing to watch. No drama and no weird challenges like Project Runway's can be.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Roteach, I like the winner but either of them winning would have been fine with me.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, February 07, 2020 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I just binged all 8 episodes of The Stranger. So good!! You will want to watch it one after the other. Suspensful!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Saturday, February 08, 2020 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The book was fabulous, Miz, and I’m very relieved that this adaptation is as good as it is. I’m halfway through, but I don’t want to finish it too quickly, tempting as that is. I was totally thrilled to see Harlan Coben make his (dialogue-free) cameo appearance in episode 2. I’m sure he, more than anyone, is over the moon that his book was adapted so deliciously! 😛

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, February 09, 2020 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed The Stranger as well.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, February 10, 2020 - 5:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am ready for season 2 of The Stranger......glad to know it is adapted from a book.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, February 10, 2020 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Mara, the new season of The Sinner now on tv is the 3rd season. I watched the first two on Netflix.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 - 4:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Ophelia do you mean The Stranger ?