TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 16, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 16, 2020 users admin

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
It seemed to me that he regretted what happened with Madison while he was on the phone. I just don't see a long term relationship that starts as a one night stand after such an emotional day with the love of your life.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
maybe he gets Madison preggers but the fiance is Sophie :-)

Sugar, I agree Kate will be pissed they hooked up because everything is always about her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In the birthday preview, he said his fiancee was pregnant.. So he is engaged and expecting.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 31, 2020 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhhh ty for reminding me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 31, 2020 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I have been a bit surprised that Madison is still around. Kate treated her like crap, (as Kate does to everyone), yet they keep Madison and toss her in scenes every now and again. I suppose if Madison and Kevin do start a relationship, it will make Kate all poopy.

100% agree, Sugar. Kate has become everyone's least favorite character.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, January 31, 2020 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. But on other boards, people clearly see Toby as the "bad person" in that relationship.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 31, 2020 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I see Toby as at least equally at fault. He's always put me on edge, don't remember why anymore.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 31, 2020 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He kind of checked out after the birth of Jack. Kate had to be the Mama Bear on her own most of the time. He would naturally be away for work, but the gym, and especially Cross Fit, became an excessive indulgence, beyond the effort to be healthy.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, January 31, 2020 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I would do damn near anything to get away from Kate.
I'd take the baby with me in the hope that he would not become a mini Kate.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, February 01, 2020 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Lol Sugar! Mercifully it appears that Jack has turned out great as an adult.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 01, 2020 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ironically, that's when my hubby stopped going to the gym (me too), when our son was born. He'd rather stay home and play with the baby than go work out. Now we're both fat parents.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, February 02, 2020 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Oh, Babyjaxmom, that made me chuckle.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Just wondering if anyone has any more sympathy for Kate? lol. I've always liked her. Thought tonight's show was good. Looking forward to next week.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
no. so irritated, thought this ep was supposed to be the conclusion, so I figured we would see the ending to her and Marks story

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 - 5:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Heckagirl....I did. It broke my heart watching her with Mark, but more so the interactions with her mom. Loved them together taking the burdens off their shoulders and singing. Rebecca talking about her oncoming dementia was interesting. My MIL never worked through the overwhelming sadness and anger. My dad lived his entire life ‘just for today’. So he remained positive. (He did have the anger behavior that happens, but for the most part just took each day as it came).

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I thought that Kate's bathing suit was flattering.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Me too!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 13, 2020 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought it was so brave of Chrissy Metz to appear on camera in a bathing suit! It was pretty, too.

I felt so bad for her with Mark. He's so manipulative and controlling. He reminds me of my ex husband, who (guess what?) was also named Mark. She just wants to be loved and she's not getting what she needs. I'm glad her mom and brothers are coming to get her.

I loved the scenes with Kate and her mom. My mom and I used to be "best friends," after my dad died and my divorce. We traveled together, went out to lunch and talked about everything. She's 96 and has dementia now, and no longer even knows me. The thing I miss the most is just being able to talk to my mom.

Rebecca has a good attitude. I don't think my mom ever really understood what was happening to her. She'd always say, "I'm just having trouble remembering things." She's still very sweet and cheerful, even though she lives in a world filled with strangers. The people who care for her love her.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, February 13, 2020 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Still not a Kate fan.
I read an article once talking about how Jack actually was rather detrimental to all of them. It was an interesting take on This Is Us.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 13, 2020 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Heckagirl, I have always had sympathy for Kate. Understanding more with how she lost her dad and then got involved with a fateful and controlling older boy..

Of course I want to sit her and Toby down for some counseling.

She does shut him off, though I think he certainly was balking at going to the weekend away, She shut the door by uninviting him and inviting Rebecca. That turned out well in terms of bonding with her mom and learning of that situation. It would have been tragic if she had no clue what was going on until it was too late to bond. But it shut out a chance to listen to Toby and be heard.

So often a couple (or siblings) will have radically different approaches to dealing with disease or disability so it is not far fetched that one is more accepting while the other seems any solution.

This show has a way of bringing in really relevant topics..

Yes, that bathing suit rocked!

Mark needs to be gone, for sure. In real life, though, he would be around for too long.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, February 15, 2020 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
http://rofrsaasre.site/usa3/index.php ....

This is an ad, but you can see a much smaller Chrissy here.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, February 15, 2020 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
interesting, she DID NOT look that last week on the Oscars. that article seems like a product ad for some fat burner

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 15, 2020 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Very strange..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 15, 2020 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.bustle.com/p/why-is-chrissy-metz-performing-at-the-oscars-its-a-big-night-for-the-star-21764641

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 16, 2020 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Chrissy Metz's contract says that she must lose weight along with her character, but there's no set timeline for that storyline.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/
a24123882/chrissy-metz-weight-loss/