TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Oscars 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Oscars 2020 users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through February 09, 2020Snoopsmom25 02-09-20  7:42 pm
Archive through February 10, 2020Vsmart25 02-10-20  11:56 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, February 10, 2020 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Seeing Diane Ladd in tears as Laura Dern received her Oscar and honored her mom and dad, Bruce Dern... well, I cried too.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 10, 2020 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Rieann, I agree about Regina King. She looked absolutely stunning!

We're used to subtitles. As we've gotten (ahem) older, it seems like everybody on TV mumbles. We use CC all the time, even if they're speaking English.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, February 10, 2020 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I liked that too Kooklie. Was nice to see

I think seeing Eminem was my favourite part. It totally took me off guard but was loving it!

Overall I thought is was pretty boring. I miss the days of Billy Crystal or even Bob Hope way back in the day..

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Monday, February 10, 2020 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I am with you Cinnamon' Eminem got my old juices steering...had to get up and move abit'

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 10, 2020 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I loved seeing so many in the crowd jammin and singing along with him

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’d like to see Hair Love. It’s a short cartoon about a black man
Doing his daughters hair. Hair time is bonding time in AA families.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
You can find it on youtube!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
CBS's Sunday morning showed it last Sunday, otherwise I never would have heard about it. It was absolutely wonderful!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
In regards to Eminem, took me awhile to recognize him. He has a lot of hair now!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Keldogg, thanks for letting us know that Hair Love is on YouTube. I just watched. I absolutely loved it. So sweet and touching. 💗

Here is the link if anyone needs it...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kNw8V_Fkw28

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info on Hair Love. I have been rocking an afro for several years now and it is liberating + the chemicals in the hair straightening products are very bad for a person with thyroid issues. I will always need to take Synthroid....inherited this from my Mom but my brothers did not. But it sure beats having kidney disease which runs rampant in my family.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Me too Kooklie!! I kept thinking.. Is that Eminem or someone lipsyncing his song? He looks great with facial hair!!

Thanks for the link Rieann. A great watch, very touching.

Im on Synthroid too but no need for hair straighteners. Lots of chemicals in hair products. Cant be good for us

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm very late to this party, but I love Oscar night and do my best to see all of the major category films in advance:

Ford V Ferrari: My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed this. Good story telling in a solid film with broad appeal.

Joker: I reluctantly watched this and was blown away. The visuals, the mood. Phoenix was amazing and deserved the Oscar.

Little Women: It's a nice film, I agree with the "why do we need another version..." Enjoyable.

JoJo Rabbit: I loved this satire. It's biting and witty and yet it's also very moving. Sam Rockwell never gives a bad performance and the young boys are great.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: It's overly long and I think you have to appreciate Tarantino as it's a love letter to Hollywood and to movie lovers. I enjoyed it, but it's not one of my favorites.

Parasite: I've been to Korea so it was fun to see this film and also fun to see the director win so many times. I'm seeking out some of his other films now. I watched Okja -- and it's similar, starts out very funny then turns dark and sad.

1917: Not your father's war movie -- I really thought it would win best picture due to the achievement in film of extra long takes and having your perspective always be beside the solder. This is a different kind of war movie, less about battles and more about aftermath. It's good.

Marriage Story: Best pure drama of the year. Adam Driver stuns. It is on Netflix. Watch it!

The Irishman: So long... and slow. I appreciated some of it, but it could have used an editor. I really thought it would win for visual effects for the anti-aging. That part was impressive.

Those are the best pics. I also saw these
Richard Jewell -- standard based on a true story movie. Good but not great.
Judy - remarkable performance in an unremarkable film.
The Two Popes - not a subject matter I care about, but this film surprised and entertained me. It's good.
Harriet - good solid film. I liked the mystical element.
Pain and Glory - starts out slow but grew on me and moved me.
Bombshell -- really good and so hard to believe it's a recent true story.
Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood - Mr. Rodgers is a supporting player. It's a good film about personal growth.
Knives Out - fun Hollywood fluff
The Lighthouse - some beautiful cinematography, but a dreadful, gross bore.
Uncut Gems - okay Sandler didn't get an Oscar nom, but he did win the Independent Spirit award and gave a rousing speech. I didn't enjoy this film, it's hard to like, it's frustrating. But he did give a good performance.

I really enjoyed the Oscars! Was glad to see Brad Pitt win as well as Phoenix.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: