TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 30, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 30, 2020 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love seeing the relationship Jack had with Randall.I kept wanting to see him give tiny Randall (how cute was he???) a big hug, rather than just a kiss on the cheek. Little ones need snuggles.

I do like seeing the relationship Randall and Kevin have forged as adults. I love seeing that as much as they fought as kids, they can rely on each other for support now.

And I can't wait to find out what happened to Kate.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Of the 3, I like Kevin's story the best because he seems to be continuously evolving as a human.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, me too!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
My guess for Kate's storyline is a miscarriage or an abortion.

Liking Kevin more than I originally did. Getting tired of uptight overly wound Randall and have never cared for the exceptionally needy and selfish Kate.

William may have been my favorite character. I miss him. Ron Cephas Jones really deserved the Emmy that year.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
In one of the scenes with the teens this week, wasn't there a scene where Rebecca was trying to get organised to leave, because she had to take Kate "somewhere"? I thought they might go back to that scene in Kate's episode, but showing it from her viewpoint.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I agree -- we've seen enough of Randall's story. Lost interest in it. But that one episode towards the end of season 1 (last episode?) when Randall and his bio father were on the road trip. Big time tearjerker!!

We need more of Kevin and Kate's "elephant in the room" storylines.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, January 23, 2020 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Really hated Jack telling Randall that he didn’t have to worry about his because he was strong, not like Kate and Kevin (or something to that effect)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 23, 2020 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
That might be why he has the anxiety, because he thinks he has to be strong but doesn't feel strong at all. To be honest, Beth is the strong one in that relationship.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 23, 2020 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love Beth. The actress who plays college-age Beth is absolutely beautiful and looks so much like the adult Beth. I'm also tired of Randall's storyline, especially all that city council boring stuff.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, January 23, 2020 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The ebb and flow is interesting. I was a big fan of Randall's storyline early in the series but now I'm far more interested in Kevin. Kookliebird expressed it well, talking about how Kevin is evolving as a character and that makes him interesting.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 24, 2020 - 4:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jack telling Randall that Kevin and Kate were a handful, so Randall had to suck it up and be lower maintenance, despite his anxiety.. That was probably not helpful. And he has always felt he had to suck it up and resisted needing help.. Sad.

I do enjoy Kevin more than others at this point.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
What a great episode last night! All about Kevin.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Next week is all about Kate. "Sad Three"

I was hoping that Kevin would get back together with Sophie. But, he slept with McKensie (?). Does that mean that she's going to be the mother of his kid? She said all the right things... wanting to be in a relationship. I thought his answer to her about her thinking that something must be wrong with her because everyone leaves her was really good. Showed some real self awareness of how he views himself as always pushing people away.

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
Kevin slept with Madison. I do like her, I'm looking forward to see where this goes (and whether or not she's the mother.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Thanks Katy! I couldn't remember her name, but knew it started with an M.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah.. Madison might be good. She started out annoying in season one, but she has been a good friend to Kate.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I keep hoping Jennifer Morrison (Cassidy) will come back. I was really hoping she was going to be the mother, but imdb.com only has her in 6 episodes in 2019, so I guess not.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
figured it would be Madison, they hinted at it a couple weeks ago. I wanted Sophie grrrr

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
BabyJaxmom I'm 100% Team Cassidy too. So very disappointed right now.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like all three! I think they have so much time invested in Sophie at this point that it would be a real surprise if it isn't her. As much as I like Cassidy (and Jennifer Morrison) I don't think it will be her for the reason stated above. Despite Kevin's dalliance, I also don't think it will be Madison.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I was hoping it would be Sophie, but I think the Kevin/Sophie storyline was wrapped up with them watching the end of Good Will Hunting. They both seem ready to move on knowing they will always have a history and special love for each other.
I prefer Madison over Cassidy. Just didn't warm to the Cassidy character or see the chemistry between her and Kevin.
Ending with the clip of Madison in Kevin's bed seemed like confirmation she will be the one that ends up with Kevin. Will be interesting to see how Kate feels about it.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Madison would be a really cool choice. She's been a peripheral character but she is a fully established character that has appeared in numerous significant episodes over the years so it's not like she is being introduced out of the blue.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She is kind of in Miguel's position in the family galaxy.. Often dismissed. As I remember, they commiserate a bit at the hospital when family did not want input from them as they waited for Baby Jack to be born.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am with Snoopsmom, never thought there was any chemistry between Kevin and Cassidy. Nor did I find her all that interesting. Her character was very cookie cutter, troubled vet screws up her life and family, a trope we see over and over ad nauseam.
I like Sophie but Kevin has hurt her too often and I agree that seeing the ending of Good Will Hunting just might be the end of them.
I have been a bit surprised that Madison is still around. Kate treated her like crap, (as Kate does to everyone), yet they keep Madison and toss her in scenes every now and again. I suppose if Madison and Kevin do start a relationship, it will make Kate all poopy.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think Madison is a red herring, though I wouldn't be at all unhappy if it turned out to be her.