TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Grammys

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grammys users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 26, 2020Karuuna25 01-26-20  6:54 pm
Archive through January 26, 2020Dipo25 01-26-20  8:07 pm
Archive through April 03, 2022Dipo25 04-03-22  2:08 pm
Archive through February 05, 2024Seamonkey25 02-05-24  10:51 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I was shocked at Taylor Swift grabbing her Grammy out of Celine Dion's hands, and then ignoring her! Could she possibly act more entitled or rude? They were photographed afterwards hugging but that was probably staged by a mortified P.R. person. Contrast that with how awesome Miley was with Mariah Carey!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Mame, I don't think that was a purposeful snub. I think that Taylor had a moment of shock and wasn't thinking clearly.

There is no feud and Taylor stood and applauded loudly when Dion first came on stage.

I think Taylor gets scrutinized unfairly at times. She's human, like the rest of us, and an extremely kind person.

I don't think the hug afterwards was forced, these two genuinely like each other.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Well for what it's worth, I thought Celine's outfit was godawful!

I love her to pieces. I interviewed her by phone, and met her backstage, at her invitation, at her concert in Toronto, around 1993. Sweetest celeb ever. It was the first opening night I ever took Vinnie to, as we had just started dating... (I like to joke that he was so impressed, it's why we got engaged. Lol)

But why oh why did her outfit last night look a bathrobe over a nightgown?! At least to me... 😟

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Mame, I never understand many of the fashion choices!

That said, I think Celine may have been trying to cover up due to her illness. I'm just guessing. I thought the evening gown underneath was pretty.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mame, there are some saying that people were warned to be careful about hugging Celine, due to her condition. I know that people with arthritis and people with osteoporosis and those with bone Mets can also find enthusiastic hugging to be painful.

But yes, the internet is full of bashing of Taylor, Miley.. I didn't see it, so cannot judge but when they win there has to be quite a rush and they know production wants them to speak quickly and let the show go on. So those could be factors as well.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kar, I also surmised the outer piece was to possibly camouflage any crippling disfigurement. But jeez louise, her team couldn't come up with anything more flattering? Sigh.

Sea, I agree she's very likely super-fragile, and in pain, so even a well-meaning, over-enthusiastic bear hug would be highly inadvisable. But Taylor literally did a snatch and grab of the statuette, while basically ignoring her. It was deeply offensive to many viewers, including myself.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Mame, it was a mistake to be sure. But we all make them. I'm inclined to give her grace.

Making a mistake happens. What you do after the mistake matters more. I think Taylor made amends as soon as it was brought to her attention. That's enough for me.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sea, here's a link to a YouTube of the controversial moment.
https://youtu.be/PDfkAl4qCV8?si=XG7I4Qsxj8fcNf_A

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
That didn't look like snatching the award away to me. A big todo about nothing to me.

And now I feel bad for Celine. It probably took a lot for her to go there and present the award, and now it's marred by this "controversy" and she probably feels horrible about it, instead of having happy memories of the moment.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought Celine was using the coat, which I thought was beautiful, to 1) provide a buffer or cushion for unexpected touching that might trigger an episode or 2) to cover if her body had unexpected spasms from her disease.

Like I said, I thought the coat was gorgeous and, from what I could see, the dress was probably stunning too. She looked just beautiful on Grammy night to me. Walking in on her son’s arm was so cool to see. He was very gentle with her.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 06, 2024 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It looked to me like Taylor was distracted by one of her entourage saying something, so she looked away at that moment. She also looked shocked.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 07, 2024 - 12:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I really can't get "disgusting" out of that.. just watched. Taylor had acknowledged that Celine was there along with the rest of the enthusiastic audience and honestly if she had given her the hugs she gave to her collaborators, it would have been a disaster

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: