TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 23, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sci-Fi Show Discussion: Archive through January 23, 2020 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I can see why some people feel that way. While I enjoy the books for other reasons, I don't have as strong an emotional connection with some of the characters as I do with characters in other series.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think the expanse is still on the SCI FI channel. It was something I could not watch because of long silences and glances off screen. I kept forgetting to watch while it was on in the room.
but everyone is different.so enjoy.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Syfy canceled The Expanse after season 3 and then Amazon Prime picked it up. Season 4 recently ended and that season was a LOT easier to follow and it had more attention grabbing scenes. I recently read that they have renewed it for season 5.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Yes, I was watching an interview on YouTube that said it had a renewal for season 5. I am glad of that.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
So hard to keep up, I thought I saw it on syfy channel but maybe it was a netflex ad, I notice they do that sometimes, run netflix ads on regular cable TV.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, January 11, 2020 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I too am late to The Expanse. I find it interesting but am having an extremely hard time understanding many of the actors. Accents are one thing but I swear it's the mumbling that is making them hard to understand. Since there are so many things going on in this "futuristic world" that a viewer needs to know about, it's especially frustrating that a number of the actors are mumbling their way through their lines which explain those things.

Is it just my age or are there a lot of mumblers among 20-30 year old actors, lol?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, January 11, 2020 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I watch most shows with closed captioning now, I think it has to do with the sound on flat screens or I am getting old. I never had that problem on tube TVs.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, January 11, 2020 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Accents are one thing but I swear it's the mumbling that is making them hard to understand."

I have issues with mumbling and ambient noise these days. (I recently turned 69 years old!) The ambient noise is the worst! If they're in a busy restaurant, forget about hearing the words over all the sounds of dishes clattering and silverware clinking and other patrons yapping in the background...

I now watch almost everything with the closed captioning on...even if I can clearly understand 98% of the show. I just got used to them and can overlook them (like overlooking all the ad pop-ups at the bottom of the screen) I can enjoy the show whether I need the subs or not.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, January 13, 2020 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It is NOT getting older SanFran

Why TV speakers suck

the answer is to buy additional speakers.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 13, 2020 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think anyone that decided facing speakers backward is ok should be fired.

We bought a somewhat expensive speaker bar for the living room tv, and after I bought this cheaper one for the bedroom, I wish I had just bought this cheap one for the living room as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/....

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, January 13, 2020 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I think anyone that decided facing speakers backward is ok should be fired.

I think it's a combination of age AND backward facing speakers. I had no idea they sold these type of speakers so thank you all!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, January 13, 2020 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
PS: Episode 2 of The Expanse didn't have nearly the amount of mumbling as episode 1 so maybe it wasn't just me who noticed.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, January 13, 2020 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's pretty funny about the speakers! We ended up getting a sound bar. Sound is important too!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I was so happy when I discovered I could turn on and off close captions from my PVR, since it's the only way for me to have cable tv, tv mode is absolutely useless when we have to have a pvr to watch tv channels. So now I turn on close captions only with new shows to be able to understand their awful diction and background noise and keep'em off for sports and old shows or movies. I find that additional speakers only increase the noise and quite often I keep the tv on Mute !! :-)