TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 16, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 16, 2020 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, November 22, 2019 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was hoping that the text about "don't let her get you down" might be talking about somebody else, not Kate. I know I'm reaching, but I hate that he's talking to other people about her.

I also understand how she felt that he was dishonest with her, going to the gym and dieting behind her back. If he'd told her what he was doing, maybe she could have participated and benefited in some way. It did feel very dishonest.

And the thing about the baby's first bite of food, did he think she was going to starve the baby until he got home? It's unrealistic to think he's not going to miss something, when he's not home 24/7 like she is. But then she did lie to him about that too. Sad to see them falling apart.

I used to call my hubby at work when anything important would happen. "Jack rolled over!" "Jack's sitting up." I called and left him a voice message of baby Jack when he first learned to giggle. Even though he was at work, I wanted to share as many of the milestones as I could.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 22, 2019 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Me too, I think they are talking about the cross fit instructor.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, November 22, 2019 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
If that is what it turns out to be, Kate will never believe Toby due to her insecurities.

Remember, at the future gathering to say goodbye to Rebecca, we did not see Kate and they appeared to be trying to talk Toby (lying in bed looking like he was depressed) into coming to be part of the goodbye.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 22, 2019 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Some timeline info and speculation.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/why-this-is-us-fans-are-hella-confused-with-timelines-in-season-4.html/

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, November 22, 2019 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey...do you mean Toby?

Starr

07-09-2005

Friday, November 22, 2019 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I got the impression that Kate and Toby were split in the future (the cabin scene at the end) It looked like she signed that paper Kate Pearson - they definitely did a close shot of her signing it.

The text appeared to be a group text, it was named Crossfit Crew.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 23, 2019 - 3:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes.. Tony, no way.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 23, 2019 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Starr, good catch. I missed the signature.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Saturday, November 23, 2019 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Starr I guess the same thing...my guess with Kevin and Randall is that he kept his mother's secret

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
When looking at the guide to find the Democratic debate saw that my DVR was recording this tonight. Didn't realize the season started again tonight.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Just some musings about tonight’s show.

Some more somewhat vague details about Rebecca’s memory loss being medically confirmed. Mixed in with the early days of Rebecca and Jack’s relationship. I didn’t think it flowed well.

Toby reluctantly confesses that he’s uncomfortable about dealing with Jack’s blindness and, of course, rather than trying to be understanding and supportive, Kate just gets angry with him.

Kevin attempts to hookup with yet another woman. I think this will be his seventh relationship that they’ve shown in detail since the show started (who knows how many off screen). That’s not that many I guess in four years but it seems like a lot because we’ve only ever seen the other characters in one relationship (well two if we count Rebecca and Miguel). I think I’m more disappointed each time he breaks up with someone than he is.

And then Sophie!

Who is the guy in Randall’s kitchen?

It was an okay episode but probably the weakest in a very good season so far.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
It did seem choppier than usual this week.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Who is the guy in Randall’s kitchen? "

That was a scary looking burglar, I think. Randall was scared to death...looked to me like he was trembling and was about to have a panic attack.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The preview looked horrifying.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh I haven’t seen the preview.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
You missed something Jimmer!

Sanfran, I liked the way he looked at the guy, standing in his dark kitchen with a butcher knife in his hand and said "You are not getting by me".

I believe him, he had three daughters and a wife to protect.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ugh. I watched it on Hulu, so no previews. That was very scary.

I thought it was a great episode. My mother has fairly advanced dementia, so I've been through what they're dealing with. And I understand the looking back. The older you get (how the hell did I get this old?!), you look back at younger days and realize how much you took for granted. Oh to be young and beautiful again!

I went through a ton of boyfriends after my divorce, looking for "the one." All I wanted (like Kevin) was a husband and a family, and the clock was ticking. Thank goodness I finally found him!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think the guy in the house is a hallucination because of his stress. Previews show how that happened when he was younger.

I enjoyed this ep. Hopefully he sees Sophie's missed call and calls her...so excited that she could be baby mama!!!

I just dont understand why Kate doesnt do a healthy eating plan with Toby.

I get the feeling we are going to see that Jack wasnt the perfect father that he drank most of the marriage and Becca covered for him all the time so they would still idolize him

heartbreaking at the end when she remembered Jack and then a tear came down like she is sad she knows she will forget many of those moments

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, I agree. Plus I also read that Rebecca is terrified of losing her connection with Jack and her early memories so we will be seeing more of this.
Also in the same article it talked about Kevin and his ‘hook ups’ and how he desperately wants to have a love story like his parents, he is not making great decisions.
But his face when he found out about the hall pass killed me.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I wanted to slap that girl!!!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think that was very shallow of her. She is played by a well known actress though so I wouldn’t be surprised if we see more of her.

Interesting theory that Randall is hallucinating.

I agree that the kids’ memories of an “almost perfect” Jack are likely distorted but I hope that they don’t destroy Jack’s character.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So, my take was a bit different with Rebecca. Having had a parent with dementia, some of the earlier signs for my dad was how he talked about the past a lot because that was more intrenched in his memory than anything current. So, when I saw her talking about the past, I could remember my dad doing this early on, as well.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, having been through it with my mother, I agree. A person suffering from dementia will forget later memories but earlier ones stay longer. My mom would talk about her younger years all the time. One of the hardest moments was when she asked me if she could call her mama and I had to tell her that her mother had died many years ago. She sobbed for her. It broke my heart. I told her that we could call her sister Minnie and maybe that would help and the first thing she told Minnie was that their mother had died. My aunt was able to console her.

I was in the room with my mom the first time she took the tests and I willed with every ounce of my being for her to get them right. Of course, she didn't get them all right. This Rebecca storyline is hitting so close to home for me.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I hope you don't mind my asking but why even tell her that she died?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, you raise a good point. My siblings used to always correct my dad when he said something wrong. Then, of course, he'd get all agitated because an argument would ensue. My siblings felt the need to always tell him he was mistaken. Me, I just worked with it and not argue with him. I've told others this story when they talk with me about recently diagnosed dementia in their family.

I was visiting my dad at the care facility one Saturday, but it could have been any other day. He started getting all agitated, saying that he had to get ready to go to school, trying to get up... To which, I said, "It's Saturday! No school today!". Well, he got so very excited and happy that he didn't have to go to school. I didn't need him to know that his memory sucked. He was just so happy that afternoon.