TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
CRAVE Streaming Recommendations

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: CRAVE Streaming Recommendations users admin

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I just watched the season 1 of "Shrill" with SNL's Aidy (always thought they were saying 'Amy" LOL) Bryant.

"From Executive Producers Lorne Michaels and Elizabeth Banks comes Shrill, a comedy series starring Aidy Bryant (Saturday Night Live) as Annie, a fat young woman who wants to change her life — but not her body. Annie is trying to start her career while juggling bad boyfriends, a sick parent, and a perfectionist boss."

https://www.crave.ca/en/tv-shows/shrill

I enjoyed it and looks like season 2 is coming out in a week.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Oh ya, "The L Word Generation Q" is on Crave too!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
TV Shows: Killing Eve, Star Trek Short Treks, GOT, Veronica Mars, Shameless, Star Trek Discovery, Star Trek Next Generation, Seinfeld, 30 Rock to name a few!

Movies: Shazam!, Isn't it Romantic, Superman the Movie, The Secret Life of Pets 2, Men in Black Interational, Die Hard, Night at the Museum, Deadpool 2, Gatsby, Jurassic World, Bridesmaids, A Star is Born, Green Book, Happy Death Day 2 U, Ice Age, 21 Jump Street to name a few!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, January 17, 2020 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Mizi, here with Shaw we have Free Range TV (online) to watch all the shows we miss. I wonder what's the use to have regular tv channels when we have this type of streaming where we can pick and choose what to watch. It's getting so expensive to have all the channels and I'm considering cancelling most of them thanks to Free Range TV. (They offer Crave here too but it's just a duplicate).

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, January 17, 2020 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Spunky, I use Shaw too and have Shaw Demand and Free Range. Still don't have all I want. It is quite annoying I need to switch to so many pkaces to get the shows I want.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, January 23, 2020 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I just checked out the first episode of Avenue 5. I think it has potential. It is like a cross between The Love Boat, The Orville and Gilligan's Island. Lol
It is sci-fi sitcom.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 1:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Great cast but... Unimpressed by the mess of the first ep. Hope it improves.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche....yah it will be interesting if it becomes more fluid. First episode was so choppy and all over the place.

I just finished season 2 of Shrill. So funny! Season 2 is even better than 1!

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed Bosch on Crave. Not to mention all the obvious ones: Ray Donovan, The Handmaid's Tale, The Affair, True Detective, Big Little Lies, The Wire.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Straycat, thank you for the suggestions! OF those you listed I have seen Handmaid's Tale and Big Little Lies. I will read up on the others!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, February 01, 2020 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I went to watch Avenue 5 to find out that they only 'let' me watch the pilot! I have to sign up for the full HBO & Crave combo for $20/month! I pay $8/month for Crave Streaming alone. Guess I won't be watching Avenue 5 after all.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, February 02, 2020 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Miz… I thought there was a catch !! I wish one day we could just pay for the channels that we want, instead of forcing us to pay for the whole package.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, February 02, 2020 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
" I wish one day we could just pay for the channels that we want, instead of forcing us to pay for the whole package."

That seems to be where we're headed, but not on Cable. Many cable channels are now creating their own individual streaming service with their own individual streaming services.

Seems to me if all those services cost $5-$10 (or more) each, a couple dozen channels could add up to more than cable. And if you have a bundle with your ISP that provides phone and internet along with cable TV, you'd still paying for phone and internet on top of those individual channel streaming services.

A-la-Carte Cable TV Is Basically Here (It’s Just Not on Cable)

https://www.thesimpledollar.com/save-money/a-la-carte-cable-is-here/

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, February 08, 2020 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sanfran, I'll ask my provider which is Shaw, (tv, phone e internet). Channel streaming services involves internet and so it means I have to use my computer because I don't have smart tv. I tried to ask Shaw to let me pay only for the channels I want and they keep saying that the channels come in packages, only specialty channels can be added o removed. I was so fed up that I told them, start me up with the basic and then I can add but didn't work, I keep telling them it's too expensive and so every time the keep reducing the price to keep me on as a customer, they even gave me all the channels at half price for a year and then I can cancel if I want to, and I will when I'll see the price doubled up, and I'll tell them again to scrap everything and they keep making me new deals... oh well!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Spunky...I too use Shaw. I don't have the full HBO + CRAVE, that one is $20/month. I have just the streaming one for $7/month. Honestly, there isn't much too watch without having the HBO part. Thinking of cancelling the streaming. I already have TV, Netflix and Prime. Prime I have been finding some interesting shows as of late.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, March 06, 2020 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I cancelled my CRAVE. No point in paying $8/month when all the things I want to watch fall under the "Crave + HBO" package ($20/month) with my provider Shaw. I had to cut back on my monthly fees, they were getting out of control. I still have Netflix and Prime.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, March 06, 2020 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Shaw for now is keeping the price reasonable for me because I argued with them and they proposed for a year a good discount, but as soon as I see the price going up I'll have to ask for the basic and nothing else. I realized my tv is off the whole day since I'd rather use internet. (for missed shows they still give us FreeRange TV over the internet).

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, March 08, 2020 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I have been watching Dublin Murders--based on 2 Tana French books--and The Spanish Princess. Both put together quite well, both so watchable!

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Friday, March 20, 2020 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Watching Kelsy Grammar in Boss. He plays a conniving, charming and ruthless politician. And so well, that you are never once reminded he used to be affable Frasier Crane!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, April 13, 2020 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Thinking will sign up for the CRAVE+MOVIES+HBO package through my cable carrier Shaw in a week or so once we are in re-runs. It is the extra $20/month but now that I'm not going anywhere, need more options to watch.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, September 06, 2020 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching Four Weddings and a Funeral on Crave (not sure where it is streaming in the US). The reviews were not stellar but I was enjoying it up until the last episode. It’s as if someone realized all the camera equipment had to be returned before sundown so they just manically free styled the final 45 minutes. Lol Keep that in mind and enjoy the first 9 parts. 🤪

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: