TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 21, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: This Is Us: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 21, 2019 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 16, 2019 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is wonderful, Babyjax! I see you are in my timezone. I would recommend the webinars I attend from home out on by Alzoc.org.

We just had the last one for the year, but last webinars are online here and they will start up again in January.

The support group members might be interested, or those supporting the caregivers.

https://www.alzoc.org/professionals/webinars

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Today

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Very good show tonight. Yes, it's obvious Rebecca is having Alzheimer-like symptoms. Makes me sad.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 5:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Really struggled through this episode, but what a great one.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
what in the world happens with Kevin and Randall!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Another amazing episode. This show exemplifies how events can be juxtaposed to create a strong story. All the plot lines beautifully intertwined. Loved the flash forward with Jack and the shrimp and how it was added to their traditions.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think the Kevin and Randall rift has something to do with Rebecca.

I am loving the Nicky storyline. How sharing his shrimp story makes him feel part of the family....

The flash forward had Kevin with a pregnant fiancé on his birthday..... 9 months... could it be Cassidy?

Also, was the cabin part of past episodes? I couldn't remember if we had see a cabin before.

Good episode.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
If it’s the same cabin, it used to belong to Jack. Kevin went there with his actress and writer girlfriends, he was doing the play with in the first season.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Thanks. So, someone must have bought it, maybe Kevin owns it? Too many back and forths, I was having trouble keeping up.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Gut-punched with this ep regarding Rebecca and the timeline surprise shift. Wow!

I figure Kevin is pissed at Randall for keeping his concerns about their mother's condition to himself.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Mame, that makes sense. Randall should be talking with his siblings about her issues. In my experience, talking about and decisions regarding medical issues for parents are the fastest way for close families to stop talking to each other. Some put their heads in the sand to not see what is happening and others go the complete opposite direction on how to address the issue. Hard to get an entire family on track for care. I know, I worked at it with my family for 5 years on the care for my dad, who needed to be in a care facility about 3 years before my siblings would agree with me on it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
In the first or second season, wasn't there a whole Thanksgiving episode at the cabin when the triplets were still kids?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Wasn't there a tradition about a whipped cream cake?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I do remember the cabin, but I don't remember anything about a whipped cream cake. Didn't Toby and Kate get married there?
My head almost exploded with the mashup of the Thanksgiving and birthday scenarios! Didn't see that coming. She's really going downhill fast.

I'm thinking that maybe Kevin, Kate and Miguel want to pretend that everything's just okay, while Randall was the first to notice that something was up and push for her to see a doctor. I was kind of fortunate in my family, cause my mom already lived with me, and neither of my remaining siblings wanted to take any responsibility, so her healthcare was pretty much in my hands.

I think the pregnant fiance pretty much has to be Cassidy. She must be pretty darn pregnant at this point.er

Omg! We have to wait 2 months for another episode???

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I know, right?!?! That's the first thing I thought of when the show ended last night.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think the rift is about how to care for their mom

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yikes! 2 months?

Pamy I think that could be it.

So Kevin went to live in the family cabin and has a pregnant fiance for their 40th, which was 7 months after Thanksgiving?

Family cabin has been in the show off and on..the wedding, a Jack flashback..

Enjoying Nicky. The shrimp flash forward for Jack was cool.. As was the shrimp flash backward for Nicky and Jack.

Rebecca did make Randall promise not to tell, but Rebecca and Miguel are in L.A., along with Kate, though Kate and Tony are obviously having multiple issues.

But it seems like Randall and Rebecca would have seen a doctor after Thanksgiving, yet by the 40th birthday, Randall is not there and then other two are at the cabin and Rebecca is visiting from L.A., as is Kate.

And they let her wander off, it seems.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kate is irritated Toby is losing weight...why doesnt she get on the diet with him? My hubby and I are always more successful when we diet together.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well she has a baby and would be pretty big for Cross fit and he kept his weight loss secret for awhile and now she knows that he is secretly venting to someone via text who is not exactly supporting his marriage. They seem to be on separate paths...

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought he is on some diet plan since he bought his special food. I know she cant cross fit, pool exercises would be a good start. I wish I still had access to a pool

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 21, 2019 - 12:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He seems to spend lots of hours in the gym and ?at work. She has the baby.

Does she have a pool? Could be..

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, November 21, 2019 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It's hard to go to the gym when you are a large size. It's way too intimidating, even for a strong person. She would probably do best with some sort of a home workout program. She did start walking with Gregory. It would be nice to have them build on that.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, November 21, 2019 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
If Chrissy Metz is unable to lose the weight in real life, it limits where the writers can go with the story.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, November 21, 2019 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
true.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 21, 2019 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I weigh not much, but I am not getting in a pool in public, ever, at this stage in my life.

Yes, if Chrissy is unable to lose weight that does limit them. If she lost they could use a fat suit for any needed flashbacks.

If your equally large spouse, right when you just have birth, and to a child with special needs, started going to the gym for many hours of high intensity workouts and radically changed diet to fermented soybeans it would be quite a shock even if you were just a bit overweight.

Not that Toby is wrong to get healthier, but being on different paths is difficult for a relat.

And that text that Kate read on Toby's phone showed that he had been complaining about her to someone, who was encouraging him to complain.

This is a bad situation all round.

Oh and Kate may or may not sense that her mother, who moved to California to help out with the baby, may need help.