TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 19, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Manifest: Archive through February 19, 2019 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 05, 2019 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, that was a big jump from the previous returns.

And why was that guy coming back depicted as a wolf who was coming for the blonde detective?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, February 05, 2019 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
werewolf?

Dlkuhn4

07-13-2002

Tuesday, February 05, 2019 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
I look forward to watching but I'm so confused

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, February 05, 2019 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I don't think anyone came back from the dead.

Some religious nuts on Manifest assume everyone from 828 came back from the dead because when the plane vanished and for 5 years the world assumed they must be dead....but they weren't, according to everything we've seen. They were on a plane, there was turbulence, they landed safely...but 5 years later.

The doctor specifically pointed out that she never saw "the other side" even though there's now a religion saying they all died and returned with powers like healing.

It seems that the kid assumed his drawings were causing things to happen (like bringing the guy back to life) but he was actually just foretelling things before they happened. The guy never died as far as we know - he went into a cave and came back out after 2 weeks (2 weeks to him but a year for everyone else)....unless I missed something.

So who was brought back to life?

"And why was that guy coming back depicted as a wolf who was coming for the blonde detective?"

If you mean the bad guy who's working with "The Major", I just assumed the wolf was a representation of "danger". Maybe we'll learn that "wolf" is just a code name for the Major's team or something. The kid's drawings aren't always literal.....like the shadows he drew that represented a presence but not actual shadow creatures.

There's a lot of symbolism in this show. The cave drawing of two figures looking at the stars turned out to be a representation of the Gemini constellation. The words "I Left" on the kid's drawing turned out to be a road on a simple map.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, February 05, 2019 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I don't think I missed any episodes but this series is going a bit sideways or not following the original plot, too many variables and I'm lost. Now, was that another survivor fished out of the water and why was he supposed to be a threat to the detective? Is the pilot with the hostage still out there?? Whatever happened to the 'good' government investigation after the closure of the human lab? It seems there is no follow up and those few 'good' survivors are the only ones trying to solve the mystery... You'd think the whole world would follow and 'demand' an answer. Bah!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 05, 2019 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
So who was brought back to life?

The guy who was pulled up in a van that had been submerged in water for several days. Last night's episode.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, February 05, 2019 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
That was a pretty momentous surprise and I totally blanked on it! LOL

Do we know if he was one of the 828 passengers or is he just a mystery?

I wonder if he'd just been submerged a moment before (from his POV) but for everyone else he'd been down there for a day or so (or however long that truck was down there).

At this point it seems like just an assumption that he was literally brought back to life. Being snatched from the jaws of death at the last moment and then being returned when it's safe seems to be an ongoing theme now.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 05, 2019 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I remember that huge vehicle being pulled up.

Blanked about someone from the van!

Maybe that person just popped up at that moment after going where ever everyone seems to have gone on this show.

It is getting murkier and murkier..

The cult is creepy.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Tuesday, February 05, 2019 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I really liked how Zeke handled Cal's fear that he was causing things to happen.

The guy in the van made a wolf sound or was that from the drawing or???

I want to smack the major and the guy that was in the "congregation".

They made a big deal about the Twins. I wonder if it is not Cal who is the holy grail, but Olive?

I am enjoying this show. I like The Passage too. I don't usually like stuff like this. lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2019 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I want to smack, or worse, those same people..

Send did a good job with Cal.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2019 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't think the guy in the truck was dead and came back to life (LOL that was a pretty good jump scare). I think it's more likely that he was in some sort of suspended state (or place), the same as the people on the flight and Zeke in the cave.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2019 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That's certainly possible. What's odd is that he was under water for several days, and didn't come out looking like a prune. Geez, I can't even take a bath for an hour without that... LOL.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2019 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh that’s funny!

It certainly appears that time is suspended (therefore no wrinkles, no plane running out of fuel, no progression of disease, etc.) and they go somewhere else. I wonder if that entire truck went somewhere else (like the planes).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2019 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh, that's a good theory... because they had such a hard time finding it!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2019 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Those on the plane didn't age.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, February 06, 2019 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I think the guy in the truck was suspended in time like the others. It could be any number of things. Perhaps the major and company are becoming more precise in the time jumps. The plane was years, Zeke was a year and this guy was a few days. Wondering if that means something.
As far as the pilot, the major had nothing to do with orchestrating the event so may be wondering when/if he will show up. I am betting they are keeping an eye on that runway to make sure they can destroy or capture them, if they do reappear. Maybe the light they flew into was a first attempt at the time control. In which case, it will be a little over 5 years.
Or, the major knows there are various "holes of time" but not sure where they all are. And, then, there is the twins thing.
I am now confusing myself.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, February 06, 2019 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
So you are saying that the plane was not an accident but the military controlled it. and now they are controlling these other happenings

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, February 07, 2019 - 12:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I don't know. Maybe it was an accident with something they were working on. Perhaps, when the plane disappeared, she realized it?
Like I said, I am confusing myself.
I tend to overthink things.

I am wondering about Danny too. He is almost too good to be true.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 07, 2019 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I try not to think too hard about things and just enjoy the show.

I agree, Jimmer, that was a good jump scare. It got me!

I think the guy in the truck will probably say he was only in there a few minutes, even though it's been 4 days. It's like the plane. Those people didn't know they skipped 5 1/2 years. Neither will the guy in the truck know he skipped 4 days.

This show seems to be getting better. I think the PTB must have read and heard all the reactions to the wife being a whiny PITA. They've made her much more sympathetic and nicer recently.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - 2:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wife is all in now.

Michaela not only trusted Danny, but she totally misread the sun of the earth robbed murderer who gave us all a scare jumping from that van.

And she told her ex fiance about Danny, which was not here to tell.

And another wolf after the bombs were defused

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
What did Michaela tell him about Danny?

I think I may need to go watch the season again. lol

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"And she told her ex fiance about Danny, which was not here to tell."

Seamonkey, are you confusing Danny with Zeke? Danny is the guy that Ben's wife started dating after the plane vanished...Zeke is the guy that went into a cave and came out a year later. Michaela did tell her ex fiance Zeke's story which "wasn't hers to tell"...but I can't think of anything she said to anyone about Danny.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes! Zeke , the guy from the cave.

And she just blurted it out and sent her ex on a witch hunt. Jealous?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Was that the season cliffhanger? There's no show next week, darn it! They know how to keep me hanging... I knew the discreet therapist was the woman general.. that was no surprise, but all the rest was nicely done to keep me interested to see what happens next. But by the time the show comes back I may need a refresher...

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Wow, what a cliffhanger. I kept waiting and waiting for the previews. The wife finding out she was pregnant, knew it was Danny’s baby. And who got shot at the end, I bet it was the cop/ex boyfriend. Now we find out they have an expiration date. Hurry back Manifest.