TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 07, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Mr Robot: Archive through November 07, 2017 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Today's show - why oh why did he look at that site? It was obvious he would be found out.

And I wonder who did the attack on the FBI, the Dark Army?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 05, 2016 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This week's episode...

Ray's old SysAdmin (RT, the one who Ray had beaten up)... says Ray's business is an invite only tor server... clearly full of nasty illegal stuff. Elliot says everyone has a moment when everything suddenly does or doesn't blow up in your face, and "is this Ray's if/then moment or my own?" I'd have thought he'd have known it was clearly his, given that RT is right there with his messed up face.

Elliot doesn't want Angela to be part of the FBI hack but Mr Robot and Darlene do. They want her to drop a bug/device in the FBI office so they can delete any incriminating data they have on them. Angela's persuaded when reminded that she's the one who started everything by uploading that CD... the one that Ollie tries to bring up in their meeting when he tapes her to try to get her on record that she knew about the CD and Allsafe being ground zero. Sounds like he was worried about her framing him than the other way round, because the FBI had interviewed him.

FBI taking evidence from E-Corp's Steel Mountain storage facility, which was where Elliot put the Raspberry Pi last season. They show pics of who they are tracking and it's Mrs Wellick and Mobley, a random guy and a girl who looks familiar to me but might not be. They are going to China. BD Wong is Minister of State Security Zhang. Dom wants all their intelligence on The Dark Army - does that unsettle him or does he admire her bravado in asking so directly? Hard to tell.

At Zhang's home with the clock room; coincidence Dom's parents had the same clock as him?? Or is he trying to get close to her? But then presumably he, as head of The Dark Army, is the one who ordered the siege on the FBI at the hotel, which would most likely kill her with everyone else.

It's all getting a bit scary.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, August 08, 2016 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
oh my goodness, poor Elliot got a beating, that's the real world, Elliot and messing with the FBI is not the smartest thing to do.
I liked some of the indoor settings this last episode, some fancy places and décor, but the story does get a bit convoluted, the FBI agent and the shootout, how did that end? And who were the shooters?
In the previous episode I liked some of the monologues, some good writing there...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 08, 2016 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They haven't shown us how that ended. I presume it's the Dark Army doing it because the FBI (or rather Dom) are asking too many pointed questions about the link between the Dark Army and the hack.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 15, 2016 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Last week's episode... not much happened and I don't have that much to say. I didn't like any of the 80s sitcom thing, and why did they waste so much time on it? We get the message, Mr Robot tried to shield Elliot from the pain.

I'm not sure why they had to teach Angela to "hack," when they could have automated everything so easily. And I'm not sure why Angela was shocked to see Ollie worked with Darlene etc. I assumed she knew.

Did anyone know what the Dark Amy people did to Ollie with the injection? I couldn't watch (too gross) so couldn't tell what happened. Was it a tracker they put in there?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's been renewed for a Season 3!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Are we the only ones watching, Spunky?

Don't read if you haven't watched tonight's show... big reveal but we still don't know why, it can't be the main hack because they're still looking at Tyrell for that. It might be for a mini hack, like the one on his therapist. And maybe the knock on the door at the end of last season was them coming to talk to him.

Although a couple of episodes ago Darlene said he did it to himself, so perhaps he gave himself up.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, after Elliot left Ray's place, knowing the cops were on the way, one detective stopped him while the team stormed the building. I'm thinking that's when he was arrested....and most of the previous episodes this season were just flashbacks showing how that led up to his arrest. He was, after all, involved in that highly illegal website, even though he ultimately exposed them. He broke a lot of laws hacking for Ray and his thugs and he may have opened himself up to scrutiny that might've exposed some of his past hacking. That's my guess at this time.

The flashbacks were all set in familiar places because those places make him feel safe....just Elliot's coping mechanism....and he was narrating them, telling us what had previously happened. That should've been a big red flag that we were seeing flashbacks but it didn't register for me until now.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking that everything we saw Angela and Darlene do (without Elliot around) was taking place currently while Elliot is locked up. It's the same with the wife of that guy who killed the woman last season....she's in real time, too, not a flashback.

I'm still watching but I haven't been commenting because I wanted to wait until I understood how it all fit together. This show is playing a long game....weeks of strange things happening in odd situations and only now did I finally get any kind of explanation that helped me put this season in context!

Unless it's not the way I perceive it, that is...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know, I took it that Ray was either a counselor/tutor at the prison, or a guard/warden. Ray had access to Elliot and other guards (that heavy who babysat Elliot while Elliot was on the computer) protected him (which is why he might be the warden, or a higher up, not a guard) while he did so.

I think he might be in prison for hacking his therapist (the pretty one who was in ER years ago). Last season he found out her boyfriend was a bad guy (did he have another woman?), hacked him and warned him off. Unlike the other people he hacked, I don't think the boyfriend was a really bad person, just a cheat, so perhaps he felt bad about that, especially as it so scared the therapist who'd always been nice to him.

And early this season his therapist said something like "it took a lot for me to do this after what you did," so she knew he was behind it and that hack was out in the open.

So my guess right now is he gave himself up (that fits with Darlene not understanding why he did it to himself) for hacking the therapist and threatening the boyfriend. That's something that would have a short sentence, especially if he gave himself up and plead guilty, and would be processed quickly, as we know it's only a few months since the end of last season. And it being a hacking crime would mean that the warden (if that's what Ray is) would know he was good at computers, which is why he would target him when he needed his site looked at.

And also if Ray's the warden he controls solitary confinement, which I presume is where Elliot was after being beaten. If Ray basically had control of him (being in a position of power) then the police who stopped him wouldn't charge him with anything.

And then Leon, who seems to work for the Dark Army, saved got him from the white supremacist gang, and told him he'd be released, either for separate reasons (they wanted him to be available to help in their next endeavour) or maybe that was also something to do with Ray's website, not sure.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I guess I'll just keep quietly watching and wait to see if it becomes any clearer. This year I just don't have the enthusiasm to put as much effort into figuring out this show as I did last year.

Hey producers, just spoon feed it to me, please. It's too hard trying to solve a Rubix cube while navigating M. C. Escher's Staircase at the same time! :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 19, 2016 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Noooo, don't go! I always worry if my fervour in some threads puts people off posting, but I always love to read your and other people's ideas.

My main issue on the weirdness of the show is that now they've told us what we see is Elliot's version of reality, I wonder if there's reason to believe any of it is true. It's very clever but sometimes it makes you just sit back and think it's not worth trying.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Some more thoughts on this week's episode...

I'm confused about Mrs Wellick. She seems to be so happy when she receives things from and thinks about Tyrell, but she also seems genuinely loving to this new guy. And I presume she met this new guy at the party where Tyrell strangled the wife, so is it all part of some con? Especially as now she is making him (boyfriend) strangle her.

Mr Robot side tells Elliot that Tyrell was raving about killing the woman and about them being gods, said he thought they would kill him next so shot him with Darlene's popcorn gun. I'm not sure I believe it.

More mention of payments by E-coin. That's got to be significant in the E-Corp/Dark Army plan.

Ray said he feared the worst about what was going on on his site, but didn't look until Elliot came along - then realised he'd been weak, should have taken a stand. He knew Elliot would report him once he got back on the site. I always watch a second time with the closed captions on, and at the end of the chess game they have Elliot saying a chessmaster said "when you see a good move, look for a better one," which Elliot does say in the show, but then it adds on "I gave Ray a chance to make the right move, and he left himself wide open to me," which Elliot never actually says.

Then he says "Mr Robot was a part of me I created to help me because of my pain. So now we have a chance to start again. Our handshake negotiated us as partners." Sanfran, I think that might be the part that made you wonder about it being before the prison sentence, but all during the Ray/Elliot scenes before that he talked about sending Ray back to "the hole" (=solitary) and "his cage" (=his cell) so I don't think it can be. I'm not sure what it means though. (Also Leon talks to Elliot about it later, and it's the reason why the prison gang beat him up, so I think it has to be in the now, not before.)

The house didn't approve the E-Corp bailout, before the bull testicles landed on them, lol!

Angela finally overplayed her hand. She did what the E-Corp boss wanted, asked for a sideways step to Risk Management (the group dealing with the contamination suit) just before rejecting him, and he just let her fend for herself.

And Elliot decides to finished what he started with Evil Corp.

End of the show, Elliot says this will be the last time I keep things from you, promise. Have to see if he/they keep to that!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I seem to be using this as my Mr Robot notebook but no point stopping now... Episode from Wed 24th (episode 8ish)...

No Elliot at all, not even in flashback :-(.

Darlene originally recruited Trenton and Mobley at Ron's Cafe. Odd that Mobley was so gullible to Trenton's hack, surely he would know better?? Why wasn't Elliot there then, but it follows the show's theme.

It's 7/4 the day of the episode, and the hack was 5/9 - seven months ago.

Mobley seems to be breaking down, which mirrors him being the weak link in the flashback. Darlene definitely saw the email saying the lawyer woman had a pacemaker so she deliberately killed her for revenge for her dad. Incinerate body... paid the vet guy with the dead woman's bitcoins, isn't that a security risk for them? Or maybe there's not trail with bitcoins.

FBI Dom set Angela up with her colleague, did Angela get on her radar just because she saw her in the FBI part of the building the other day? Angela seems so robotic and out of it.

FBI interviewed Mobley but Dom still all focused on Wellick. Why does Mobley tell Trenton to meet him at 12 but then isn't there? Looks like he might have turned round after getting spooked, or did something worse (Dark Army??) happen? Darlene finds out Cisco is reporting directly to the Dark Army ("Stage 2 is about to begin"... curious) so they could definitely be starting to cover their tracks.

Overall to me it's not as much fun if Elliot's not involved.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Tonight's episode is going to take a second and third watch to sort out.

Oh and 5/9 was May 9th not September 5th (can't tell my US from my UK sometimes), so it's only two months since the hack, which makes a lot more sense.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Episode 10ish

We got confirmation that Elliot was in prison for hacking his psychologist's boyfriend and taking his dog, and confirmation that he admits everything rather than try to plea. Also we see Ray was the warden and that heavy was a prison guard.

Leon made friends with him immediately, and knew all about him right from the start, so presumably the Dark Army got him in there to protect Elliot. Elliot was in for 86 days... just under three months so well after (4+ weeks) the July 4th stuff we saw last episode.

Angela's obviously just given up trying to work her way in and has just decided to hack in to the Washington Township data instead. But even at wherever it is she goes to with the info, it seems like the Dark Army(??) can get to her. And then she gets a visit from FBI Dom because Ollie told on her two months ago! It seems like Whiterose is fully aware of her, as she describes him as the E-Corp CEO's per project, and says she did better than expected.

Sounds like Whiterose caused the previous E-Corp CEO's death, to stop him shutting down her project. The WA township plant is going to be taken over by the government and Whiterose is not pleased. CEO wants a loan from China in return for saving the plant.

So now Elliot (actual person) can hear the Mr Robot personality when he talks, instead of it being so suppressed that he has blackouts, or at least this is partially the case. And Mr Robot is surprised to see the Elliot part awake. Then later Mr Robot feels bad, overheated, as if he's not as strong as he used to be, whereas Elliot doesn't seem to be ill.

Good bit of exposition from Elliot: "On May 9th we took down the world's biggest conglomerate. We all had the same intention - me, Darlene, Mobley, Trenton, Romero - to change the world. But there was one other player, the Dark Army. We never did find out what their intentions were. Pwnie Express pwn phone. A phone loaded with 103 network monitoring and attack tools. A dream device for pentesters and hackers. His name is Xun. Xun's boss is Whiterose who helped us bring down Evil Corp. Xun and his people wanted the femtocell [the device Angela planted]. Why? I don't know, but soon we will know everything. We're hacking Xun."

Elliot wants a meet with Xun to ask about Stage 2. He asks them to tell Whiterose he wants to know what Stage 2 is, but they are confused because Stage 2 was Elliot's (as Mr Robot) plan. And then they find out Xun's phone is bugged... which does not bode well for anyone.

I knew Darlene's broken video tape would be a problem! What did Cisco see when he went looking for it!?

And now Mrs Wellick is back on the scene, wanting to see Elliot even though she thinks he's Ollie?!

There is a lot to wrap up but they are really bringing it together a last. Two more episodes left, and note this coming episode (Wed 7th) has a Hacking Robot aftershow following it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
More Kitt monologue... episode 10...

Funny that Terry Colby has dirt on Trump, lol.

I'm not sure I really get what the Phillip Price is trying to get the UN to do with China. He's worse than Terry Colby.

Bit of a let down on the body Cisco saw, as it was just one of their followers. Not sure how Darlene went so quickly from wanting to let him die to taking him to hospital and staying with him.

So the FBI traces the sighting of Cisco to the cab company and back to Darlene's house. And it all goes very very bad for them with, presumably, the Dark Army trying to stop any chance of the FBI picking up Cisco (as Dom predicted). Pretty sure Cisco is dead, given the blood on Dom, but it looked like Darlene ducked in time.

Angela and Elliot on the train, Angela is going to give herself up?? The carriage they're in had posters of eyes and ears, I don't know if that means someone is watching them, one poster is Phase with an eye, one is Phase with an ear. Phase 1 and Phase 2 like Stage 1 and Stage 2?? Or irrelevant? And Angela saying Elliot was talking to someone else when he was young and Elliot not remembering, shows he's been in trouble mentally for a long time. And who were the two who walked up to Angela after Elliot got off? It's better than a hitman at least.

Two more episodes left.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I can not read too much of these posts we just started watching the first season. Pretty good show so far. Already into its third season where have I been lol

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    

Was the whole episode Elliot's lucid dream?!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Episode 11ish. I watched it again and I'm really none the wiser.

They spelled out the ecoin business so even I could understand it though, cash is useless, bitcoins are unregulated and controlled by China, so E-coins from E-corp can take over as the currency and they can use e-coin loans to rebuild the banking sector with E-Corp in control.

And the US can't mess with China now as they bailed out the banks with a $2B interest free loan.

So the two big stories, Angela and Elliot. The room Angela was taken has the 80s computer (Commodore 64 I think) and games. And the little girl is a lot like Angela would be in the 80s??? (There's also lots of Back to the Future music in the episode, and BTTF 2 was the movie Elliot and Angela used to watch together when they were young.)

My best guess is that Whiterose was just trying to test Angela, which is what she said. Whiterose is curious why Angela keeps appearing, and why Phillip Price is obsessed with her, and wants to see if rather than have her killed, as she normally would, she can simple persuade her to drop her fight to reveal the Washington Township project. I don't understand the what if her mother and Elliot's father gave their lives as a sacrifice to the greater good, to take humanity to the next level. And the even more curious did you ever believe you could change something just by wishing, when Angela says she used to but now knows that isn't how the real world works, Whiterose replies it all depends on what your definition of real is. What ever Whiterose says it seems to work, and Angela believes.

Then the Elliot thing... my guess for that is that he succeeded at first, Elliot was able to see what Mr Robot was doing while he would normally be blacked out, and he went with Mr Robot to the cab. Then I don't know. Not sure if Mr Robot was still there at that point or if he had become aware of Elliot and gone away. And the Wellick... I think that was another Elliot entity. Like Mr Robot became an entity of Elliot after he died, I think perhaps Elliot absorbed Wellick after he (as Mr Robot) killed him. Or perhaps the real Wellick is still alive but Elliot has created another one.

But whether Wellick is real or just Elliot, the Dark Army told him Stage 2 is ready and when he sees it he'll be pleased.

I just hope we get some answers on Wednesday.

It's just occurred to me that like Elliot talks to us, the viewers, and doesn't get answers, I talk to you, the other tvch Mr Robot fans, and don't get any answers. I'm going to pretend that's not unsettling at all. But just in case anyone is reading, I will be watching the show late next week as I have my mum visiting for a few weeks, and I'm usually so worn out "entertaining" her I don't know how soon I'd be in a taxing Mr Robot state of mind. So don't expect any coherent conversation from me for a while!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 07, 2016 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I finally found some time to have a second watch of the finale, and although I do realise I'm most likely talking to myself here, not commenting on the finale when I've commented on everything else makes me itchy, so here goes... some comments on the final episode.

First the simple stuff. It wasn't Wellick sending Joanna stuff for the baby, it was Scott from Evil Corp, the one whose wife Wellick killed. And she (wife) was pregnant at the time. Joanna typically just insults him and he tries to strange her and beats her. But at least he then calls 911. Later Joanna's boyfriend wants to kill him, and Joanna says instead of that he can tell police he saw Scott coming down from the roof where his wife was killed, which would take the heat off Wellick.

The Dark Army gunman killed Cisco but Darlene survived. Darlene interviewed by FBI... The other F-society followers identified her as their leader. They have Cisco's camera and can tell if the F-Society videos were filmed with it. They have a gun casing linked to the F-Soc arcade, and evidence she stole the gun. Fbi woman shows Darlene her whiteboards full of info on the case. Says they sat back and waited for the perfect moment. Everyone is on it, including Angela and Elliot, with Tyrrel in the centre.

Then the rest of the madness. This Wellick is still so unlike the previous Wellick. If he is real and not another figment from Elliot, then why the change? Has being on the run broken him? Elliot seems convinced it is his imagination. I watched the Dark Army guys carefully and Wellick is behind the lift guy and isn't acknowledged by him. When Elliot talks to Wellick the lift guy doesn't acknowledge it either.

Stage 2: Meant to be Mr Robot's idea, was to blow up the physical building where some offline data/docs (the ones lost on 5/9) are stored. Elliot didn't know this (Mr Robot was in control at the time). Elliot's malware will overcharge some batteries which will produce hydrogen and start an explosion. Elliot remembers making the malware but thought it was for something else.

Then the visual with Elliot in the centre, Wellick to his left, and Mr Robot appearing to his right, saying this is for us, all of us. Surely that has to mean this version of Wellick is in Elliot's head!?!

When Elliot tries to delete the malware, Wellick gets a gun, points it at Elliot. Elliot is convinced Wellick is a figment, that he isn't actually there, decides it's time to take back control, but Wellick shoots and Elliot is shot, whether Wellick actually was real and held the gun, or whether Elliot shot himself.

Then it all goes completely crazy. Wellick calls Angela.
Angela: Don't worry it's Angela, Tyrrel, are you there. It's ok, they told me you would be calling, this is a secure line. Are you with Elliot right now?
Tyrrel: yes
Angela: ok, I'm on my way, don't let anyone near him, I should be the first person he sees when he wakes up.
Tyrrel: ok
Angela: Tyrrel, you did what needed to be done
Tyrrel: I love him
Angela: I do too.

Then all the lights go off, everywhere.

So is Angela the big mastermind? And if she's talking to Wellick, does that mean Wellick exists? Or could it still be that she talks to the Wellick entity as if he's real, and both the Wellick entity and Elliot are shot (because they're just one person)? Seems unlikely and I just have no idea.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 07, 2016 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
When Mr Robot shot him a few episodes back, we saw a bullet wound in his forehead after he was thrown backwards onto the bed from the force of the shot. After a few seconds Elliot sat up feeling fine and with no wound.

They have written this very well if their intent was to make what's really happening so obscure that no one can figure it out until they finally decide to tell us.

Maybe Elliot was shot, Maybe he wasn't. Maybe Mr Robot glitched and vanished because he died when Elliot was shot. Maybe he will just glitch back on.

Maybe Tyrell and Mr Robot are both part of Elliot and and when Tyrell shot him, it was really Elliot shooting himself (like the time Elliot was in an argument with Mr Robot in a restaurant and Mr Robot started choking him but the people around him just saw Elliot choking himself.

Maybe it was just one of Elliot's personalities killing another one of his personalities. If so, maybe Tyrell will now be in control now, with Elliot stuck in the "background" of his mind.

Maybe Elliot has more than personality that presents as Elliot!

Maybe Tyrell has been alive all along. Maybe he's been dead all along.

Maybe Darlene talked to Tyrell. Maybe she talked to Elliot when he was presenting as Tyrell.

It could be anything but I'm not trying to figure it out anymore because there simply aren't enough clues. I'm gonna just ride the ride and see where it goes.

This is one of those shows I have decided is more about the journey than the end game.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 07, 2016 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That might be wise, to not try, because it really could be any of your answers, and a few more too.

Right now I'm thinking Angela knows Elliot and his psyche(?) so well that she recognises the Tyrrel personality, and she was talking on the phone to Elliot, whilst Elliot was being Tyrrel. But then other things we've seen make it not make sense that she would be a big part of the master plan.

So I'm just going to wait too now. We will see... or not, if they don't tell us.

They have such big acting talents in the show, and I feel like this season it's just gone too far into crazy land, and lost a lot of the excitement of watching and figuring it out.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 06, 2017 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching this season of Mr Robot? I am just trying to catch up, I have one more episode before I'm up to date.

So far it seems like they've made it much easier to follow, perhaps because of everyone saying last season could have meant anything.

I've always thought of Elliot as being a fundamentally good soul, so having the decidedly non-good Mr Robot be a separate part of him somehow seems very jarring. When he was someone who just popped up now and again it somehow didn't seem like Elliot was responsible. Not sure I'm explaining it well... I just want the nice Elliot to "win."

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching, Kitt. But I'm not analyzing it like I did during season one.

I'm just accepting what they present to me and I'll know if scenes were delusions, different personalities, a dream, or reality when they tell me. It's way too convoluted trying to figure it out as it happens...when I try to, the show feels more like hard homework than entertainment.

I will admit that I do sometimes wonder if the entire show (and all of the characters) are in a snow globe in Elliot's head as he sits in an institution in a catatonic state....like the ending of the finale of "St Elsewhere".

Maybe the finale will be him coming back to reality surrounded by Angela, his sister, his father, etc... and then he can look at them and say, "And you were there...and you were there...and even you were there, too!"

:-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I've given up on analysis too, last season was just too hard to follow. It's a lot easier now that whenever we see Elliot it's Elliot and whenever we see Christian Slater the Mr Robot entity has taken over.

I'm still not sure how long Angela has been working with the Dark Army but I'm hoping they will just make it clear as time goes on. I'm kind of hoping that's a fantasy like the one you describe, but so far it doesn't seem to be.