TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 26, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 26, 2019 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - 3:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Does that mean they cancelled Carter?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja. Seamonkey he was a child actor who made the crossover into adult actor. He was in the movie Stand By Me. He later married model Rebecca Romaine. He has a funny and quirky personality

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
and he was Sheldon's adult brother.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm, ok. Still wouldn't recognize him.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I have been binge watching HBO's Succession. Great show that will make you grateful you are not related to these horrid people. Lol!

It is about a family that runs a multi-media empire, with an aging patriarch at its helm, and the internal and external struggles for control. Drama with dark humor...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7660850/?ref_=rvi_tt

I am about to start episode eight of season one. Season two just started a few weeks ago. I don't remember if anyone has posted about it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I have been binge watching HBO's Succession."

I LOVE that show!

It's almost like a corporate version of the convoluted reign of a king and all the infighting and bickering and backstabbing and lies and manipulations of this greedy entitled family jockeying for position to run this multi-media company.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched about the first 5 episodes last year, and then missed it one week for some reason. I just never went back to it because it felt more like I was forcing myself to watch it. It was just ok for me.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, September 12, 2019 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love Succession!!! It's so dark and yet funny at the same time. The characters are all so quirky. Not a one of them have any redeeming value. The cast is fabulous! Rieann, wait till Holly Hunter pops up in Season 2. I love her!!! Great show!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, September 12, 2019 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Whee! I am all caught up with Succession. So good! I enjoy Tom much more than I should. I love him with Greg (Gregory now-haha). Holly Hunter and Brian Cox going toe to toe is a lot of fun.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 13, 2019 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love Cherry Jones also. That was pretty funny when they were all at dinner, trying to be decent humans who actually care about something other than themselves. Tom is so smarmy. I don't get what Shibian sees in him.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, September 13, 2019 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I don't get what Shibian sees in him."

I think he's just a prop for her. They are married but in an open relationship that he doesn't want to be in. He expected to move way up in the company but somehow Shiv managed to snag his prize.....maybe. Daddy seems to like making offers to get something in return form his kids, and then suddenly withholds when it suits him.

Tom really is pointless in that company except to use as a scapegoat when they need one.

The Roy family is based on a POWER hierarchy not "love".

I keep hoping the series ends with Gregory running the whole damn empire!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have to laugh....

A little while back we were talking about the channels Kelly Clarkson show is on and I found a 3rd one for me! LOL

So where I live, Kelly is on ABC 2PM, CW 11PM, and Bravo at 3AM.

Wow, and I thought it was a lot that Oprah was on twice a day back when.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 20, 2019 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
SFJF, I like the way you think!

I keep hoping the series ends with Gregory running the whole damn empire!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, September 20, 2019 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Naja, the show is in a trial period, They are probably giving the show away for free now. I don't know if having the show appear on different channels is a good thing or not. Diluting the audience vs adding the total audience. I will be interesting to see how it does when picked up. Since meant as a daytime show, I guess people won't be channel loyal, I thought the Mouse (Disney ) was involved in producing the show, so you would think ABC, also there is some kind of connection with Ellen.
The show just has too much nervous energy for me right now. probably meant for a different audience.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, September 21, 2019 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
There was a show called American Woman with the star from the movie Clueless. I thought it was re newed but it’s been over a year and I haven’t heard anything. Does anyone know?

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 21, 2019 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It was cancelled within a week of the first season ending.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, September 21, 2019 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Aww. Thanks.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Anyone even remotely interested in the Emmys tonight?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Didn’t realize it was even on TV.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was so disappointed in the final season of Game of Thrones.

I wonder what it will win.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'll be watching the Emmys. I won't be posting about it because I'll be watching at about an hour delay to skip the commercials and I don't want to be spoiled.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We do that as well. I just don’t have the patience or desire to sit through all those commercials and some of the acts and speeches.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Wilson I thought I was watching the Emmy's last night, couldn't quite figure it out and then finally I saw it was the Creative Arts Emmys.

I will probably pop back and forth to the Emmys just to see some of the fashion.

Marej

09-19-2002

Thursday, September 26, 2019 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
I watched Country Music on PBS. Some of the segments just gave you the shivers.. Dolly explaining why she wrote I will always love you. George Jones' songs. Vince Gill's 2 songs. Just Wow!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 26, 2019 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's 8 - 2 hour episodes , and we are only up to ep 3. We are enjoying every minute of it. It's funny how much music you can know that came out 50 years before you were even born.