TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 02, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through December 02, 2019 users admin

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, October 21, 2019 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I just binged "Living With Yourself" all in one day!! I like Paul Rudd and the story intriguing.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 21, 2019 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Someone I follow on twitter said they stayed up all night watching it, they couldn't stop! Not sure when I will get to it, I have so much tv stacked up.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 21, 2019 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I checked and it looks like a fast binge. 8 eps and the shortest is 21 mins and the longest is 35.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 21, 2019 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh those ones are always a pleasant surprise!

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Living with yourself is on the watch list. Love Paul Rudd he cracks us up!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We just finished it. It was really cute. It got slow in the middle for a short time, but picked up for the end.

If anybody doesn't know, "Living with Yourself" is about a slightly shlumpy married guy who goes to a strange spa that promises to turn you into the best you possible by cleansing and repairing your DNA. Oh boy, that's not exactly what happens. LOL

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
We loved El Camino as well. They give you a recap of Breaking Bad prior to the movie, so that's helpful. The movie was intense and not overly sentimental. It had some dark humor moments. It was in keeping with the spirit of Breaking Bad. I'm so glad they made it. It was 2 hours well spent and a gift to Breaking Bad fans. (And no, I don't think anyone who hasn't watched the series should watch it. Watch the series!)

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, October 26, 2019 - 5:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Season 2 of The Kominsky Method is out!!! Hoot and a half except that they put an appearance by Kathleen Turner in episode 1 but she isn’t in rest of season. The chemistry Btn her and Douglas is still there, was a great scene! Douglas has said in interviews that he would love to get her back for more in season 3.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, October 26, 2019 - 5:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I tried Living With Yourself, but gave up. Did nothing for me although I do like Rudd.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, November 07, 2019 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Ditto for me as well on"Living With Yourself": I was not enjoying it so I gave up.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, November 24, 2019 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We just finished ep 3 of
"Dolly Parton's Heartstrings".

I'm loving it. It's a series of 1 hour eps that are stories based on Dolly's songs. They really feel like short Hallmark movies, but with a lot more zing.

I was reading that Dolly screened the eps at her Dollywood park, and when they got to the episode about the gay couple, it sparked a partial audience walkout.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, November 24, 2019 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
In this day and age? Smh. I’ll check it out,I like hallmark movies but 2 hours is a lot of fluff. I think I’d like an hour of it though.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, November 25, 2019 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just watched Dolly Parton's 'These Old Bones' and love every minute of it. Kathleen Turner did an Emmy worthy job.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, November 28, 2019 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Where are everyone's opinions about season three of "The Crown"??? There are 10 new episodes to devour and they're all utterly delicious. Olivia Colman as the older Queen Elizabeth is just sublime. Helena Bonham Carter as Princess Margaret is a riot-and-a-half. There is so much about British history (circa the 1960s and 1970s) that are the focus of these new episodes - as each one concludes don't be surprised if you find yourself exclaiming, "I never knew that!" -- very educational as well as entertaining. Can't wait for season four!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, November 28, 2019 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm very happy to hear that you liked it. We fully intend to watch. Just haven't got around to it yet.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, November 28, 2019 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Uncle_ricky, I loved Season 3 of the Crown. At first I was disappointed with Olivia Colman as the Queen, but she has won me over quickly and is doing an outstanding job in this roll. Love all the new actors too.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 29, 2019 - 1:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Rvon, did you see her playing Queen Anne in "The Favourite"? She was absolutely hysterical.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, November 29, 2019 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was a little disappointed in The Crown, because there were some pretty big events in the 70s that they didn't cover, two of which were Princess Anne's wedding to Mark Phillips (a commoner!) and her attempted kidnapping.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Friday, November 29, 2019 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Sanfranjoshfan, I did not see her in The Favorite but absolutely loved her acceptance speech when she won for Best Actress. She was so funny.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 29, 2019 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Rvon, I highly recommend it...there are trailers and clips on youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+favourite

Rvon

12-11-2003

Sunday, December 01, 2019 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
These were great. Thanks for sharing, Sanfran.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Sunday, December 01, 2019 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I watched The Irishman last timenight. Wow! This was a great movie. It will be a real battle between Al Pacino and Robert Deniro for the Oscar. Joe Pesci was very good too, but I think it will come down to Pacino or Deniro.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, December 01, 2019 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We watched it, too, Rvon. The CGI to make their faces and bodies look younger felt so weird! IMO, it looked a little off sometimes, but it was still great.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, December 01, 2019 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I loved it as well. And I only wish its 3.5-hour length had been twice as long. I completely forgot it was Al Pacino playing Jimmy Hoffa, that's how convincing his performance was. The Irishman is not to be missed!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, December 02, 2019 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm watching it in bits and pieces and am being entertained.