TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 17, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Doctor : Archive through November 17, 2019 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I thought this was very interesting. It was filmed a few days ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mI3vkuIEj8

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, OG! My hubby is fascinated by Freddie and had already watched that video, but I hadn't seen it. I'd never heard him speak with his British accent. That was fun.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, September 30, 2019 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
It's been good again so far.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Some of those surgeries are pretty far out:

Like taking all the organs out, scrubbing off the cancer, and putting the organs back in.

Like stating they got all the cancer cells by doing that.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Moved new posts to this existing thread. :-)

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I enjoy this show so much!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We just watched the most recent episode last night. I was interested in the young girl who had the cholecystectomy, since I had my gall bladder out a couple of years ago. I was so sick, though, that I spent all day in the ER puking my guts out (much like appendicitis) until they could get me into surgery.

I felt really bad for the young doctor whose mother was killed in the car crash. She's going to feel guilty about leaving that bottle of champagne where her mother could find it (not that it was her fault, but I know she's going to blame herself).

This show is always so good. Not so much Shaun last night. Maybe he gets tired of being the center of the show and likes to let others have their moment.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I binge watched the first three new episodes and am happy.

Funny that Shaun's date was such a bit topic, but his advisors really were hit and miss.. Claire's bag of chips idea was good and she did help encourage Shaun to not give up, as did his mentor and his roomie.

But I liked his new girl for telling Claire to butt out.

Claire.. So sad to lose her mom on a day that went to well.. The surgery, the mom asking for the therapist's card..

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I found nurse Hawks to be annoying.

She shouldn't have challenged Shaun in the middle of a surgery.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But since he never just said anything about the angle he required, what was she to do? Do it "right", but what is right?

I find Glassman's wife so annoying...

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
She didn't leave when he told her to leave.

Being Shaun, it would have been hard for him to explain what he wanted.

I don't know though, if the angle was a hospital rule or a Shaun rule.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I about Glassman’s wife -- very annoying. But the blonde (can’t remember her name) that is always in Dr. Brown’s business drives me crazy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh yes! Her, too.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, November 05, 2019 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I Believe Shaun explained about the angle in the rehearsal. The nurse was not the one he explained it to. the nurse appeared to have some trouble with communicating as well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 07, 2019 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The angle referred to in the rehearsal was the angle of the light, not the instrument.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, November 08, 2019 - 1:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, what can I say, I heard angle, deleted the show so can not re watch.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 08, 2019 - 2:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It was definitely mentioned, twice for the light.. During practice, a nurse asked what angle and Shaun said that was a good point and mentioned an angle. During the actual surgery, Shaun specified an angle for the light.

With the instrument, he just kept saying the nurse was handing the instrument to him the wrong way but insisted that she knew and would not tell her. He later told others that there was an angle that was best for the surgeon, based upon some historical thing.. Then he tried to work that explanation into his "apology" to the nurs.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, November 08, 2019 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I thought at one point Shaun said he wanted the instrument handed to him at a 45 degree angle so he wouldn't have to bend his wrist too much.

I have done many a surgery, on animals.

I always picked my own instruments up off the pack.

Plus, the last thing the surgeon needs, while he is responsible for keeping the patient alive, is the stress of back talk.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, November 08, 2019 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, I felt the nurse was wrong for challenging him. He was unclear about how the nurse was handing him the instrument to him in the "wrong" way, so they were both at fault, but she should not have challenged him during surgery. It was the light that he wanted at a "35* angle" (he said it twice: once during the practice and once during the actual surgery). He never said anything about the angle of the instrument, until he explained it to the nurse in his faux-apology.

The nurse annoyed me from the beginning with her putting the idea into Shaun's head that his girlfriend had excluded him from her gathering. That was just mean and a distraction from the surgery.

I also agree about Dr. Glassman's wife being annoying (don't know why, but she just bugs me), as well as the blond resident who works with Shaun and Dr. Brown.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, November 08, 2019 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, I forgot about how mean the nurse was when she told Shaun that since he wasn't invited to the gathering, she probably didn't consider him to be a boyfriend.

Yes, that blond resident is just too full of herself.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I’m not a big fan of Carly. I’m also not terribly wild about Debbie, but she’s better than Carly.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, November 16, 2019 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm now watching Freddie Highmore in Bates Motel. He does evil real good. There isn't a trace of his British accent.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 16, 2019 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
So much of this past week's episode resonated. I thought it was interesting that a case came up (with the young boy adopted from Korea, I think) that showed what complications could possibly develop if a child is not vaccinated against disease.

Also the subject of loss and stillbirth was handled so sweetly. I loved that they had a special bassinet that allowed the mother to keep her baby with her as long as she needed to say goodbye. I know many women have struggled with feelings of shame and even failure, in addition to the loss of a pregnancy. I loved that they showed it was important to grieve and to say goodbye to someone who was so loved, even before she was born. I was crying through the whole episode, especially as Max was realizing that he had to grieve and say goodbye to his wife. So sad.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 16, 2019 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, that was New Amsterdam. And it was sweet.

Chicago Med also addressed the immunization issue with a man In chemo who contracted measles and it was too late to save him :-(

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, November 17, 2019 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Omg!!! I'm getting my shows mixed up! So sorry!!! Senior moment?