TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 28, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: Archive through May 28, 2019 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 10, 2019 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oops, I knew when I typed it Amanda wasn't right but I couldn't wrap my head (or fingers) around the right name!

I thought the whole storyline about the little immigrant girl was ridiculous. These are doctors - if they wanted to perform surgery on the little girl and they felt so badly about it couldn't they step up and pay for it out of pocket? Or surely the hospital has a provision to help out indigent cases (and yes, I know the father earns enough to put him over some financial aid but surely there's a fund somewhere!). This is just another case of Grey's Anatomy politicizing an issue - this whole season has been filled with socially "woke" causes. I liked it better when we had more sex in the on call rooms and less issues-oriented programming. I know that is shallow but I watch television for entertainment, not to be preached at. If I want to learn more about issues I go to the News and Views thread - y'all know more about issues than I could ever get anywhere else!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 10, 2019 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm everything Snoopsmom said, I cosign.

I think what Deluca did will make Meredith believe in his love, but what a mess.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, May 11, 2019 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I don’t have the recording. I wonder what happened. I hope I can get it ON Demand. I agree 100% with you Roxip, I’m tiring of all the “ lessons” I need to be taught. Blackish is the same way. I’d hate to stop watching bc of that. Maggie is my least favorite character. I love The Chief and he had one line the whole show, week before last.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 11, 2019 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Three actors promoted to regular not recurring. I had no idea they were not already regular.

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2471599/greys-anatomy-gets-big-renewal-at-abc-giving-three-stars-larger-roles

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 11, 2019 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And we are not alone..

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2471572/greys-anatomy-fans-arent-happy-about-merediths-fraud-twist

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 11, 2019 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree, it was a stupid, and inconsistent, story line.
And out of character for Meredith Grey as well.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, May 11, 2019 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I couldn’t understand why she didn’t just go to Bailey or Katherine for the hospital to do the procedures pro bono.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 11, 2019 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Or Jackson...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 17, 2019 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OK.. Crazy episode.

Am I evil when I thought when Maggie stepped out of the car shouting into the fog for Jackson that I was thinking a car would come out of the mist and, umm, take her out?

Teddy didn't jump to say she loved Owen when he announced his choice of her...

I feel for the sweet man still assembling baby furniture.

Amanda is less crazy than the others.

Glad Jo got insight from the agoraphobic rare blood donor and that woman also had a breakthrough.

Meredith, Alex and the Chief all fired.. Get good attornies..

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Not evil, Sea, I was hoping for the same thing. Wishful thinking that the new season will begin with Maggie laying in the road after being hit.
Was also disappointed that Owen didn't disappear into the fog or decide to go back to Cristina.
Pretty low key season finale though, and that was nice for a change.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched my recording yet, but all three fired? They ARE the show. So we can already predict that somehow they will be back.

This is just as contrived and unbelievable as the hospital closing and then they find a way to buy it and keep it open.

I think the writing is getting stale.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Me too Karuuna. My least favorite season.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I have to agree. It almost feels like they've made all the characters so unlikable, there's no one left to root for.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kar, yes, Meredith, after she got out of the hyperbaric chamber (do watch for other story lines), went to fess up to Bailey and the Catherine. But Alex and Richard claimed that they knew about it, so Bailey felt she must fire them all.

She said they were repeating when everyone confessed to cutting the wire back when Izzy did it and everyone claimed it was them.

Meredith visited her boyfriend in jail and they processed love for each other.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 19, 2019 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, the whole plot line didn't make a darn bit of sense.

After Meredith lied to give the little girl the surgery she needed, the hospital then tells her they'll cover all her other care?

Why wasn't that done in the first place if it was possible?

Time for a series finale I think. They've drug this out too long. Or new writers.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 4:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
to me their firing was the most realistic. their actions put the hospital's licensing in jeopardy. insurance fraud can close a hospital down.
but why they didn't ask the foundation in the first place makes no sense.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It would be realistic if they stayed fired, but they won't. There will be some plot twist that brings them back. That's my objection.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It seems typical of a Shonda Rhimes show. By the end of Scandal I disliked all the characters (except one semi-decent one who was murdered) and it sounds like this is going in the same direction.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I still like it, even when I criticize it.

Yes, why not ask the Foundation, or did Jackson jus it, or was he too busy trying to re-create Maggie into someone less neurotic?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, May 20, 2019 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I didn't like Meredith's storyline this season...but I actually like Meredith now better than I did when she was so twisty and angsty. I loved her scenes with Jo. I like how Alex has matured. I like neurotic Maggie (although not with Jackson). I like Richard and Jackson's mother. I am even starting to like Schmitt. Grey's is still one of my favorite shows and I hope it is good for a few more seasons.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, considering Bailey fired her boss's husband, that might backfire on her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They are renewed for two seasons.

Richard's wife was right there for the firing, seemed to agree with Bailey.

Janett

07-13-2011

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Janett a private message Print Post    
Didn’t Leah (or maybe someone else) take the blame for Bailey screwing up a few seasons ago? Bailey was treating a little boy and went against the parents’ wishes by giving him something related to the HIV virus. It worked, but it would have ended her career, so an intern stepped up to take the fall. It seems like that’s what Andrew did for Meredith. Bailey should have been more sympathetic imo.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Janett, I only vaguely remember that, but you have a good point.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Katherine is always going to protect the legacy of her foundation before Richard.